+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why no player made pvp sets?

Shadowlander

Default Why no player made pvp sets?

Just wondering why there are no player made items for new comers to pvp. If you walk into any WF as a fresh 50 now, you know the pain of not having any Valor. Why not have some player made items including necks and rings available to new pvpers, made by players?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrike View Post
    Just wondering why there are no player made items for new comers to pvp. If you walk into any WF as a fresh 50 now, you know the pain of not having any Valor. Why not have some player made items including necks and rings available to new pvpers, made by players?
    Because you do WFs for PvP gear, not craft. You can buy valor gear starting at rank 2, which takes a few hours of WFs to reach.
    Last edited by Krazer; 05-27-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Plane Walker

PvE gear works just fine in PvP. People exaggerate the need for valor.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    You can buy valor gear starting at rank 2, which takes a few hours of WFs to reach.
    I spent a week and a half getting rolled by a premade in 4 out of 5 games to get to rank 2... I've been laid off for two weeks and pvping my *** off and I'm only rank 3... don't make it sound easy, if you aren't already rank 6, pvp is torture.

Plane Touched

I'm with you on that Ez Pz. I started 3 weeks late, so when I finally got to 50. I had to go against premades that were all Rank 5 and 6. I realized pugs would never beat a group like this, so I started networking trying to find out who's good and who isn't. Eventually, I had a pretty good list of contacts and started forming my own premades. Premades that could compete against these high prestige rank premades. I'll tell you this, even in a premade it wasn't easy to get the win. Nor was it easy to heal as a healer being several ranks lower then the opposing deeps. It was definitely a rough ride to P6 for myself. I never was able to run the God Mode healing p 5 cleric. I had to form premades that could counter that because defiant had the high ranking clerics to run that build on my battleshard. These people that got Rank 6 early on, cuz they grinded to 50 first had it easier. The people they fought were less geared obviously as the first couple months went by. Being on the opposite side is a whole lot tougher, but only those that have done the same as I, could ever fully understand exactly what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    I spent a week and a half getting rolled by a premade in 4 out of 5 games to get to rank 2... I've been laid off for two weeks and pvping my *** off and I'm only rank 3... don't make it sound easy, if you aren't already rank 6, pvp is torture.
    The sheep just keep on flocking in regurgitating everything they read on the forums. I hit 50 last night and expected to get spanked because of what I read on the forums. It's not that bad. I even hit rank 2 last night. You can get valor gear at rank 1. For the record, I pugged the whole thing, granted it helped that I had all night to play due to changing shifts at work, but regardless, it's only a few hours of PVP.
    <<Insert witty comment here>>

+ Reply to Thread