+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: What will be done about Eradicate?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default What will be done about Eradicate?

    My Warden Cleric is being made useless by Marksman's Eradicate ability. I'm being entirely shut down by a soul that is using an ability that is far more effective than a -50% healing debuff in every capacity. Eradicate purges 2 effects at a 1.0 second GCD, while my HoT's only apply 1 at a time at a 1.5 second GCD. This is a massive problem with large repercussions that can be seen beyond this scenario in varying extremes.

    What is it you plan to do about this? Can you give us some insight? Even if all you can say is: "We see this as a problem, and we have something in the works" , then that would make me so insanely happy. This is a large problem, from my point of view, that is making this game very enjoyable for me in PvP.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    My Warden Cleric is being made useless by Marksman's Eradicate ability. I'm being entirely shut down by a soul that is using an ability that is far more effective than a -50% healing debuff in every capacity. Eradicate purges 2 effects at a 1.0 second GCD, while my HoT's only apply 1 at a time at a 1.5 second GCD. This is a massive problem with large repercussions that can be seen beyond this scenario in varying extremes.

    What is it you plan to do about this? Can you give us some insight? Even if all you can say is: "We see this as a problem, and we have something in the works" , then that would make me so insanely happy. This is a large problem, from my point of view, that is making this game very enjoyable for me in PvP.

    As a rogue who plays 44 mm for eradicate, here's my suggestion.

    Instruct your teammate to prioritize the rogue as a target and focus him down first. As a 44 mm he will be squishy with little to no defensive cooldowns.

    Problem solved! Things are not balanced 1v1.
    Last edited by Snyrf; 05-27-2011 at 02:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    What is wrong with eradicate its fine! you just wanna be able to never die again you have 20+ buffs somtimes on people Eradicate is needed tired of it talk to your team to kill the MM first.... omg i am a cleric i can let 6 people smack me and not care till a MM comes and takes away all my hots and buffs.... This should be how it is DONT CHANGE A THING TRION

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    As a rogue who plays 44 mm for eradicate, here's my suggestion.

    Instruct your teammate to prioritize the rogue as a target and focus him down first. As a 44 mm he will be squishy with little to no defensive cooldowns.

    Problem solved! Things are not balanced 1v1.
    Let me instruct you that an overpowered ability is overpowered, regardless of the dynamics of group play. I was never insinuating that this was a 1v1 environment. Obviously it is not. But whether you like it or not, this ability is overpowered.

    You are deleting all my heals with no effort involved, with very little time. Whether the heals are on me, or my target that i am healing, makes little difference. Your ability is grossly overpowered, regardless whether or not you want to hear it.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faint View Post
    you just wanna be able to never die again you have 20+ buffs somtimes on people Eradicate is needed
    Eradicate is not fine. None of my HoT's stay up. Which means Deluge is useless and the only valid healing spell is a 8 second CD healing breath. I dont mind that you purge my healers covenant, serendipity, or whatever. But my abilities that i use to actually heal with CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be purged so quickly in this manner.

    I never wanted to have godmode. But now we die instantly. Learn what ballance is and stop caring about yourself.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    Let me instruct you that an overpowered ability is overpowered, regardless of the dynamics of group play. I was never insinuating that this was a 1v1 environment. Obviously it is not. But whether you like it or not, this ability is overpowered.

    You are deleting all my heals with no effort involved, with very little time. Whether the heals are on me, or my target that i am healing, makes little difference. Your ability is grossly overpowered, regardless whether or not you want to hear it.
    Why isn't teamwork a viable option again?

    And no, saying it is overpowered because it is an I just need to accept that simply isn't very convincing.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    Eradicate is not fine. None of my HoT's stay up. Which means Deluge is useless and the only valid healing spell is a 8 second CD healing breath. I dont mind that you purge my healers covenant, serendipity, or whatever. But my abilities that i use to actually heal with CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be purged so quickly in this manner.

    I never wanted to have godmode. But now we die instantly. Learn what ballance is and stop caring about yourself.
    As a 44 mm rogue, I take myself out of the fight in order to take you out of the fight. Seems fair to me.

    Next time call on your dps to burn me down and go on your merry way.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Maybe you should be thankful with the fact that there's only one rogue spec that even has a chance of killing you. Or just grab some non-HoTs and a couple DoTs. Marksmen are squishy.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    ya no **** wah cry me a river. NONE OF YOUR HOTS SHOULD BE UP WHEN A MM GETS TO YOU DUH! Learn to premade talk in vent mark the guy with a number over there head or stop your *****in if it wasnt for MM you couldnt hardly kill a cleric so you do want god mode

  10. #10
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Marksman who're dumb enough to stand still, are squishy. I rarely die on my sons Marksman, though I prefer to play his Assassin spec, which dies far, far more than the Marksman spec.

    Beyond that, I could care less about Eradicate, because none of my specs are damaged by it.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Why isn't teamwork a viable option again?
    Why wasnt teamwork a valid option before eradicate was introduced? Same goes to you, the only advantage you have is that the ability is here. Not much of an advantage since you cant come up with a counterpoint convincing enough to hold and sort of water.


    And no, saying it is overpowered because it is an I just need to accept that simply isn't very convincing.
    If you cannot see that 1.0 second GCD, very low costing spammable instant ability from any infinite that removes 2 beneficial effects at no cooldown, then you have absolutely no concept of what balance is. Almost all the buffs except from rogues have a 1.5 second GCD to even cast, and some are even on cooldowns, or cost tons of mana to use.

    If you cannot see the error of your judgement after that, then there's nothing i can say that will make you see clearly, and as such, i will not deal with you or your bias.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
    My Warden Cleric is being made useless by Marksman's Eradicate ability. I'm being entirely shut down by a soul that is using an ability that is far more effective than a -50% healing debuff in every capacity. Eradicate purges 2 effects at a 1.0 second GCD, while my HoT's only apply 1 at a time at a 1.5 second GCD. This is a massive problem with large repercussions that can be seen beyond this scenario in varying extremes.

    What is it you plan to do about this? Can you give us some insight? Even if all you can say is: "We see this as a problem, and we have something in the works" , then that would make me so insanely happy. This is a large problem, from my point of view, that is making this game very enjoyable for me in PvP.
    So pretty much you want this move to be nerfed or removed leaving what to counter clerics the 50% heal debuff which you have quite clearly mentioned as not being very effective.
    1 ranged class is debuffing you what are you doing to stop this you have many options
    1) line of sight. even noobs know this tactic.
    2) tell teammates to focus him. This isnt a 1v1 game you have teammates.
    3) i am god i can standstill and survive anything oh dang it im getting debuffed what is dis i dnt know what is happening to me nerf everyone why am i dying.
    Well i think you do the third option and cant learn to simply adapt. LOS is the most simple thing you can do and if he chases he will die pretty fast when he gets close to your team.
    PLS Stop the QQ

  13. #13
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faint View Post
    if it wasnt for MM you couldnt hardly kill a cleric so you do want god mode
    lol... BAD players couldn't kill a Cleric, and BAD players still can't. Learn to focus fire the Cleric, and you won't have problem killing them. Any two DPS worth their weight, will smoke any healer.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  14. #14
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Marksman who're dumb enough to stand still, are squishy. I rarely die on my sons Marksman, though I prefer to play his Assassin spec, which dies far, far more than the Marksman spec.

    Beyond that, I could care less about Eradicate, because none of my specs are damaged by it.
    I love the playstyle of Assassin, but as it is I don't seem to ever be able to "assassinate" anyone.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    As a 44 mm rogue, I take myself out of the fight in order to take you out of the fight. Seems fair to me.
    Just because you are dealing no damage doesnt mean you are out of the fight. By contrast i deal no damage, but I am not out of the fight.

    Deleting someones heals is pretty much better than doing damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts