+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Port scion is ruined

Default Port scion is ruined

In my opinion the changes made to port scion are horrible.

All i see now is a mass rush from both sides to kill the boss, along the way you kill an enemy Idol/planar, i've seen both sides run past each other with no fighting, all for the quick boss kill for a quick and boring victory.

No tactics, no bridge warfare, no stone running, no fun.

Killing the raid boss has always been a valid tactic, but I've honestly rarely ever seen it done.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Sweet, it's just like Alterac Valley now.

I was just in 6 of them back to back. only once did the defiants try to kill ours and we wiped them easily. The whole, get to the bridge, kill ith, run shards, protect bridge . Has not changed in the slightest.

The only thing this changed was if one team was horribly overbuffed by running stones, its not as impossible to still kill them without being slaughtered.

I'm seeing it in every port scion now, straight to boss.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Whytblaze View Post
    I was just in 6 of them back to back. only once did the defiants try to kill ours and we wiped them easily. The whole, get to the bridge, kill ith, run shards, protect bridge . Has not changed in the slightest.

The only thing this changed was if one team was horribly overbuffed by running stones, its not as impossible to still kill them without being slaughtered.

/thread.

Rift Disciple

Why even bother to run stones?

In fact... who even cares about winning? The reward for 'winning' is almost nothing.... +250 prestige and
    +200 favor? I can get that in about 2 minutes in a big fight.

The winner is the team that KILLS the most of the other team.

If they want to come fight at your boss and try to win... let em. You'll be getting a favor bonus for every single one of them you kill and it should be easier with NPC support.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastx View Post
    In my opinion the changes made to port scion are horrible.

All i see now is a mass rush from both sides to kill the boss, along the way you kill an enemy Idol/planar, i've seen both sides run past each other with no fighting, all for the quick boss kill for a quick and boring victory.

No tactics, no bridge warfare, no stone running, no fun.
    That's because Trion is slowly turning PvP into PvE. With the change to PS you WILL do PvE, like it or not. They made the most rewarding map a pve map, with some pvp thrown in if you want to. You can win that warfront without ever even fighting the other side.

See this way the carebears get what they want. Yyou WILL do pve, but they will never have to do pvp unless they want to.

Don't bother getting mad about it, just learn to enjoy rift for what it is. WoW 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    Sweet, it's just like Alterac Valley now.
    Hotfix 8, Port Scion has been renamed to Scion Valley.

Rift Master

Has happened twice in the over 200 matches I have played. I have no clue about your generalisation but you just got a bad run, that doesn't mean that is how it is everywhere, all the time, everytime!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotique View Post
    Has happened twice in the over 200 matches I have played. I have no clue about your generalisation but you just got a bad run, that doesn't mean that is how it is everywhere, all the time, everytime!
    You may not have noticed, but they changed things in Port Scion with the patch today.

A full minute before the bridge flag spawns to fight over has people not quite knowing wtf to do with themselves. So they rush the boss, because you can't run stones if you can't spawn at the bridge apparently.

Or something.

Who knows.

Bottom line is that this was always an option...rushing the boss, as it were. And it was frequently the best option when the other team dominated the bridge and controlled the church. The bad thing was that everyone was so fixated on the bridge and the church that they'd happily throw themselves at a loss for 30 minutes than regroup and go after the bosses. It's better to die at the bridge...again...than to try something different, right? If you know the other team is heading to zerg the boss, go fight them at the boss. You start closer to your boss than they do.

Prior to this change, Port Scion was up to 20 players on each side all focused on the bridge. Hey, if you're an AoE class, you LOVE that part. If you're like me...a melee rogue...you feel bloody useless. And no, I'm not going to go MM for PS just because it lent itself to being an AoE orgy.

So now people have to look at the WHOLE map, NOT just the bridge and church, and figure out what to do with themselves for the first minute.

Not a bad change.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    ...So now people have to look at the WHOLE map...
    It's just a boss race, and then happy 30 minutes waiting in queue for another PvE fest.
    All fun is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellminster View Post
    It's just a boss race, and then happy 30 minutes waiting in queue for another PvE fest.
    All fun is gone.
    It seems like the people on my battlegroup hadn't discovered killing the fluxes and whatnot was worth anything. Should be interesting to see something other than ramming your head straight into south bridge.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hellminster View Post
    All fun is gone.
    So...instead of joining the zerg when you're waiting for the match to start, rally some folks to go defend your own commander? Push them back. Thwart their first attempt. Watch the chaos ensue!

Port Scion sucked. I grew to despise that map. Punishing for melee. You're usless at the bridge unless you control it or have range offense (ideally AoE). The NPCs in and around the church make re-stealthing without blowing cooldowns a chore. It just sucks. It's a crappy map for offensive rogues who don't want to use a bow.

Everything is AoE. You get knocked out of stealth CONSTANTLY by people who don't even know you're there. I got knocked out of stealth by a forked spear that came out of a warrior at a 90 degree angle, got aggro from one of the NPC lieutenants who then chased me AFTER I used Slip Away and thumped me.

Garbage. Maybe now that there's more to do than AoE at the bridge and run the stone it will open up a bit. It'll take more than a day for people to figure out what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    So...instead of joining the zerg when you're waiting for the match to start, rally some folks to go defend your own commander? Push them back. Thwart their first attempt. Watch the chaos ensue!

Port Scion sucked. I grew to despise that map. Punishing for melee. You're usless at the bridge unless you control it or have range offense (ideally AoE). The NPCs in and around the church make re-stealthing without blowing cooldowns a chore. It just sucks. It's a crappy map for offensive rogues who don't want to use a bow.

Everything is AoE. You get knocked out of stealth CONSTANTLY by people who don't even know you're there. I got knocked out of stealth by a forked spear that came out of a warrior at a 90 degree angle, got aggro from one of the NPC lieutenants who then chased me AFTER I used Slip Away and thumped me.

Garbage. Maybe now that there's more to do than AoE at the bridge and run the stone it will open up a bit. It'll take more than a day for people to figure out what works best.
    Hehe, I know EXACTLY how you feel, and it's why I went 44 sin, and then decided to scrap my PvP melee DPS spec altogether. Melee rogues get no love, and this update hasn't changed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast