+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How can a rogue go into stealth in the middle of combat?

Default How can a rogue go into stealth in the middle of combat?

Its just, well, dumb. Your fighting a rogue he realizes his burst is not going to take you down so he just vanishes? into thin air? while you have him targeted?! in the middle of combat?!

Its not OP, but its things like this that make the PVP feel stupid. (Sort of like a little green spot on the ground that makes it impossible to CC a certain class)

Troll amongst yourselves

Plane Walker

If you DoT him or AoE DPS in his vicinity, the damage will reveal him (how fast depends on his choice of talents).

yea I always say in Local "Ooooh Im gonna die let me hide"..always brings em back :P
    Last edited by Ticklepink; 05-26-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Banned

Sily and ilogical like men in 120lb plate suits running without tiring, shooting fire from their hands, jumping 20 feet etc etc etc.

At least be honest and admit the complaint is that you don't like to be outplayed.

at least make it believable by adding a stat such as focus that effects the percentage of probability as to whether or not they can go into hide on a moments notice in combat.

You're dying you're bleeding..you're on fire..your focus better be high to be able to re focus on hiding.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Plane Touched

How do mages throw fireballs?

Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Sily and ilogical like men in 120lb plate suits running without tiring, shooting fire from their hands, jumping 20 feet etc etc etc.

At least be honest and admit the complaint is that you don't like to be outplayed.
    I agree. If you WATCH the intro, it shows a rogue becoming invisible. Not stealthy, INVISIBLE. you can't call logic in fantasy my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Godless One View Post
    Its just, well, dumb. Your fighting a rogue he realizes his burst is not going to take you down so he just vanishes? into thin air? while you have him targeted?! in the middle of combat?!

Its not OP, but its things like this that make the PVP feel stupid. (Sort of like a little green spot on the ground that makes it impossible to CC a certain class)

Troll amongst yourselves
    This is a class mechanic of rogues, and not just in Rift. It's irritating when they slip away and go recover when you could have killed them, but that's how certain specced rogues work. Nothing wrong with it.

Ninja Vanish

Rift Disciple

Stealth in rift is awesome, the animation is cool and it makes you feel like some kind of magical ninja. Best implementation of stealth I've seen in an MMO. Even the way you can sometimes detect players in stealth, just that translucent outline for a moment-really well done.

Telaran

I agree, it is completely unbelievable!

When a Rogue uses Slip Away, there should be a puff of smoke, and then a log where that Rogue once was.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Claraseval View Post
    I agree. If you WATCH the intro, it shows a rogue becoming invisible. Not stealthy, INVISIBLE. you can't call logic in fantasy my friend.
    And the warrior also changes roles in combat.. We can't do that

And the mage completely nullifies an attack with absorb shield (negating secondary effects like bleeds etc) we can't do that..

There are lots of innaccuracies in the intro.. Just pointing out the one that supports the others doesn't help the argument...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Never seen a DoT prevent a rogue from stealthing out of combat.

I'll have to pay closer attention, but I think that is not actually true.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Plane Walker

They stealth, but the damage bit force them back out of it.
    Last edited by Xasapis; 05-27-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Pky

Yea dots can break us. It happens to me all the time.i run in, notice I'm getting focus fired and hit slip away only to be brought back out of it 3 seconds later due to dots at which point I'm focused again and dead. Ahhhhhhhhhhh but its the life.
    Last edited by Pky; 05-27-2011 at 04:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast