+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix Lifegiving Veil

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    but they are able to do everything that matters in PvP
    Nothing matters in PVP, it's a pointless part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    So one guy has to concentrate on you to disable you, while he is also doing 0 damage. That doesn't sound broken, that sounds like balance.
    Good god will you people who say MM's don't do any damage because they strip your buffs, please get some common sense. Eradicate doesn't do damage, that's it. If you're a MM and you use your 1 sec GCD to strip off LGV (for example) and just stand there and do no damage while the Chloro takes 1.5 seconds to reapply the buff, your terrible.

It's more like this... MM strips LGV and while the Chloro reapplies his LGV he starts taking damage from MM. MM now uses 1 second GCD again to strip the Chloro of LGV and continues to do damage to Chloro while Chloro is without LGV for 15 seconds. Thus a severely gimped soul that can easily be kept that way.

This argument that people use to justify Eradicate is a really bad one. I would get off that bandwagon real quick if you want to at all be taken seriously.

I'm not trying to discount you. Just saying you don't even play a Chloro, yet you're here crying about MM's Eradicate (I mean, what Mage or Cleric isn't these days?).

I hope Trion nerfs the crap out of Eradicate... as long as they nerf the crap out of Wardens and Chloros in PvP. I hate wasting time purging all of those OP HoTs, shields, and buffs off of Chloros and Wardens (or their focus heal targets) when I could be killing you instead.

I've said before in another thread, that class-essential buffs like LGV and Guardian Phase shouldn't be purgable. So I actually agree with you. But please stop whining about Eradicate when you and every other Mage and Cleric know damn well it's the ONLY thing that can neutralize the OP Chloro spec right now. No class / spec should be able to tank, heal their entire group / raid, and do insane DPS at the same time. Yet Chloros can do all of the above if they have LGV up.

It's not difficult figuring out the Chloro / Warlock spec that just about every Mage who isn't a Stormcaller or Pyro runs these days. Doesn't take a genius to see what spec you or other Mages are using when I can clearly see Warlock Armor and LGV on the Mages I Eradicate. You don't think our Mages know about that ret@rded spec too? They just prefer not to use it unless we're really short on (good) healers. And yes, everytime I saw you the other night (nearly every WF game I solo Q'd for in 3 hours), you were Pyro with wings, trying to 1 or 2-shot our team. It was rather pathetic you had to rely on the red orb that night.

P.S. I only have a relic dagger. No relic ranged weapon yet. Trying to whine about weapons now too? LOL
    Don't mean to jump in on yours and Sing's spat, but since we are obviously in the same WF's together here is what I see....

1. Singularitee often times runs Chloro spec. That's a fact since I play against him enough to know.
    2. Either Singularitee is in the same WF's with the same people from the same server a lot (Premade) or the odds of it are pretty astronomical. (I'll have to keep an eye on this since a few of us thought you were in a premade half the time at least). But I am just guessing about the premade part.
    3. Chloro being OP? They have consistently gone down hill since Beta and are at an all-time low with LGV being constantly removed (and not just by Eradicate). The class mechanic needs changed or LGV need to be a passive buff..something. If that happens I could care less anymore about Eradicate. The same goes for other souls who's whole function is based around a particular buff.
    4. As far as Pyro goes, I played Pyro a few nights ago for about 3 WF's so I could break the monotony of playing the same 2 specs every night. I grabbed the Red orb when it was convenient as do many people. Is this some kind of 'sign' that we are bad players or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    3k is a deadeye shot crit - which on plate (with a shield - your warrior isn't one of those n00bs who runs around with a big 2h saying hit me first is he?) is facing what - 60% mitigation plus? Plus valour? So you're saying deadeye has a base of over 6k. Thats a lie isn't it.

Plus ofc deadeye needs 5 combo points to build - which isn't going to do another 7k.

Really when you post lies that banal it makes you just look ridiculous.
    It happens in Port Scion often, by a MM named Supercalifragilisticespialidocius.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 06-07-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Naming & Shaming

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    So you're saying :

Eradicate
    GCD
    Eradiacte
    GCD
    Hit'n'run
    GCD
    EMp
    GCD
    EMP
    GCD
    SS
    GCD
    Deadeye
    GCD

Is 4 seconds? And all the above time the mages team members are doing what exactly?
    The MM has no attacks off the GCD?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The MM has no attacks off the GCD?
    I'm only a part-time MM, but last I knew Hit and Run was not on a GCD.

Ascendant

LMAO

Such fail logic propagated by Clerics and Mages who have ran out of excuses and reasons as to why Eradicate should be nerfed.
    funny that, all I see is people wich konw really well how OP eradicate is and still are fighting nail and theeth to keep it asi it is.
    First off, purge is not a form of CC. It doesn't crowd CONTROL jack sh*t. You are not under control of anything or anyone.
    exactly as silence and disarm, it removes temporarly skills, procs and bonuses from your character.
    yeah, its a debuff - all negative effecting skills are debuff, cc is a subgenere of the debuff realm.

Second, all I ever see are Chloros these days. It's the new FotM spec for Mages. They know that they can do extremely high damage and heal their raid at the same time, while also being able to tank 3 - 4 players at the same time.
    and here we come in the realm of fantasyland, where a soul wich has skills with a cast time of 2 - 2.5 s without any pushback protection, wich crits for 1k top are considered "estremely high damage", skills wich heal aoe for less than bard tunes, a "healing" class wich its really poor at healing himself (you can cast bloom and flowrish, end of heals) can somehow tank 3-4 players at the same time and mind you, these arent level 8 players fresh out of the tutorial zone!
    nice story, I will tell it to my niece to put him to sleep next time.

Finally, Eradicate does no damage. Stop trying to say that because it strips players of their OP buffs, HoTs, etc. that it should be considered damage. Chloros can still dish out good damage without LGV. They just can't heal themselves and 5 people around them for the damage done without it.
    yer funny, sad but funny.
    "chloros can still dish out good damage", yeah, 200dps top when not pushbacked.
    "eradicate does no damage" - yeah, it just remove completely you from game (without slowing the MM at all if he known what's he's doing), who needs damage?
    No healing done != damage done. A purge that does no damage != a skill that does damage. Only desperate, illogical people who don't want their overpowered specs to be neutralized would think otherwise.
    ask the pre-nerf Dom if they needed to do damage to completely shut down clerics.
    permanently no mana= cleric out of the game.
    no buffs = chloro out of the game.
    manadrain has been nerfed to ground, lets see eradicate.

any other funny things to say? do you want to look ever stupider sayng another time that the worst PVP healers, chloros, are "OP"?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    It happens in Port Scion often, by a MM named Vymm.
    Numbers do not add up - unless your warrior is wearing cloth and has no valour gear on? Seeing as deadeye crits on 25% reduction leather and 20% reduction valour for 2.5k(ish)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post

ask the pre-nerf Dom if they needed to do damage to completely shut down clerics.
    permanently no mana= cleric out of the game.
    no buffs = chloro out of the game.
    manadrain has been nerfed to ground, lets see eradicate.

any other funny things to say? do you want to look ever stupider sayng another time that the worst PVP healers, chloros, are "OP"?
    cos god knows we cant have anything that requires using a brain in this game.

bring back mana drain and keep buff shearing.
    buff shearing isnt the issue, its the class dependant buffs on a cooldown i.e. LGV thats causing issues here. yes it must suck having your buffs sheared all the time but while the MM is doing that he is doing nothing else.

fix LGV and leave buff shearing alone.
    Devotion/Octobeast - Aion - Uprising
    Orion - WAR - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - AOC - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - Lineage2 - RK/Uprising
    Orion - DAOC - Nolby Pride
    Orion/Smoke - UO - 6i6/-7-

tau
    Rift Chaser

LMAO

Such fail logic propagated by Clerics and Mages who have ran out of excuses and reasons as to why Eradicate should be nerfed.
    Actually, their logic is flawless. In a nutshell, chloro without LVG is virtually nulified, so they want LGV fixed.

They want... LGV ...fixed.

There is a skill that you keep going on about which is noticeably absent from the above statement. You can't stop panicking now. No one is going after your rogue.

Shadowlander

I would like Transference to have 0 cd and see what people have to say then it would be essentially the same thing as what's happening currently to chloro's

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshovel View Post
    I would like Transference to have 0 cd and see what people have to say then it would be essentially the same thing as what's happening currently to chloro's
    This would be funny as hell to see.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    To the contrary, I play a chloro quite regularly, probably upwards of 50% of the time. Chloro OP in pvp? Maybe like a half dozen good ones bg wide. Hardly anyone played chloro in pvp in 1.1 and even fewer now in 1.2, I hardly think that points to a 'broken' (in a positive way) spec/calling unlike the warfronts comprised of 70%+ rogues I'm seeing as of late. It has basically no self preservation, outside of two 3 minute cooldowns, unlike invinci-clerics. Know what neutralizes me, outside of broken LGV dispels? A VK, a NB, a Champion among other things. How many NBs and Champions can your raid clerics live against? 3? 4? 5? I can be solod by any of the above, and I'm pretty adept at my calling. Hell even sins and non-eradicate MMs are giving me a run for my money this patch 1v1.

You're the only person I've seen whining about chloro being OP in pvp, ever. I don't think I've seen a single other post trying to make such an absurd claim.

And boohoo about red orb, as long as it's available, it will be abused, by me or any other passerby. I'm sure you're above using it to gain an advantage--like being carried by premades to easy favor, you'd never do that either, oh honorable one . I've still yet to queue up with a premade, and yet I roll your guys regularly in my partial pvp set when I catch em puggin'. Cya in game my lil rogue friend.

Sorry, I mostly agree with your thread here, some buffs need protection (looking at weapon enchantments and stances like meins here too). I needed to step in though when you said "Hardly anyone played chloro in pvp in 1.1", it isnt true. Also I will say there is some mage builds out there holding their own in the face of many while doing some impressive healing. There are some problems presented by the multiple purges in the game right now, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water, mages are doing some damn fine healing right now, even if it is mostly self healing based (this still greatly helps the overall healing for your team if people are self sustainable).

I am also in the boat that MM needs some reevaluating, the range, amount of burst cool downs, speed, uptime, and plain damage done per move is all top echelon, it is a lot from one archetype, the eradicate is just the whipped topping on the OP pie.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-23-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    Don't mean to jump in on yours and Sing's spat, but since we are obviously in the same WF's together here is what I see....

1. Singularitee often times runs Chloro spec. That's a fact since I play against him enough to know.
    2. Either Singularitee is in the same WF's with the same people from the same server a lot (Premade) or the odds of it are pretty astronomical. (I'll have to keep an eye on this since a few of us thought you were in a premade half the time at least). But I am just guessing about the premade part.
    3. Chloro being OP? They have consistently gone down hill since Beta and are at an all-time low with LGV being constantly removed (and not just by Eradicate). The class mechanic needs changed or LGV need to be a passive buff..something. If that happens I could care less anymore about Eradicate. The same goes for other souls who's whole function is based around a particular buff.
    4. As far as Pyro goes, I played Pyro a few nights ago for about 3 WF's so I could break the monotony of playing the same 2 specs every night. I grabbed the Red orb when it was convenient as do many people. Is this some kind of 'sign' that we are bad players or something?
    Hi mate. I actually have never, ever queued with a premade, or even a second person; I'm pure solo queue so any occurrence of me being in a game with the same people repeatedly is purely coincidental. I did get into a ton of <esti efiu> and <FUN> (both different server) premades last night though, which was odd + boring farming the other team at GY. Thanks for the post, cya on the battlefield!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshovel View Post
    That's actually not a bad idea, just lower the mana drain to 200 or so, but it would have melee doing autoattacks, at the cost of the dom's attention (as mm's claim, they can do nothing* else when they're using eradicate )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast