+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAVE RIFT PVP -> Open Areans, Guild Battles. Time is ticking

Default SAVE RIFT PVP -> Open Areans, Guild Battles. Time is ticking

RIFT really needs some open areas where players can arrange teams or use the LFG tool to make a 5 man group. Defiants can team up vrs other Defiants or guardiands. 5 defiants v 5 defiants or 5 guardians v 5 guardians can happen. You can arrange your teammate. For example the "us 5 challenge you 5 to a battle". We bet 50 Plat that we will win. Winner wins 100plat.

Guild battles would be nice with rewards for winning. Guild exp for winning and favor.
    Guild A challenges Guild B to a Guild Battle. Agree? Yes? Bet Plat? Bet Favor? OK yes? Teleport to arena in 5 seconds. battle begins in 1minute.

With this system in place you will please hardcore pvpers like me that need a mix up from warfronts. you will enable players to kill allied faction players who talk trash. I would like to see also 1v1 duel arenas based off PvP prestige level.

In addition to this there really really really needs to be an arena in meridian and also sanctum zone where defiants can fight defiants. basically this is just a zone that when you walk in that zone you are flagged for defiant v defiant pvp. no rules no rewards pure pvp. used for testing builds and fun on downtime waiting for warfronts.

It blows my mind how game developers continue to leave content out of games like i mentioned above. Wake up trion and realize that not everyone who buys your game wants to fight monsters. Atleast 30% of players i have met do solely PVP at level 50. Running dungeons is only fun for so long and you get geared very fast. The PvE content is Limited so you must come out with PvP minigames and content. Your game is nowhere near as good as it could be.
    To implement the ideas i mentioned would take you 1 month at max to code. or less. If you do not implement it then you are just foolish. Very foolish. You should be thanking players like me for bringing this up pvp worries in the forums rather than blocking threads how about respond to some and tell us wtf you are doing to improve the pvp in rift.

Yeah time is ticking! you already killed PvE and its just a matter of time PvP goes down the drain.

No arenas ffs
    Last edited by Blays; 05-13-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    Atleast 30% of players i have met do solely PVP at level 50.
    Please post a link to your documentation.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Please post a link to your documentation.
    http://dublintechinc.net/services/documentation.jpg

Shadowlander

PvP in this game really needs some help right now but arenas is NOT the way. Even Blizzard admits that it was the biggest mistake they ever did to introduce them in wow and we sure as hell don't want that in Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    PvP in this game really needs some help right now but arenas is NOT the way. Even Blizzard admits that it was the biggest mistake they ever did to introduce them in wow and we sure as hell don't want that in Rift.
    You atleast need an open arena in meridian for defiant v defiant combat. If this is a pvp server why is it limited to only team v team pvp. that get bland fast.

Soulwalker

I personally like the idea of guild PvP. I've played games when guild PvP was implemented really well. It also gives people a chance to get to know each other through rivalry. It seems like Rift (like WoW and most of the modern MMO's) is just a bunch of poeple running around tugging in all directions that have no ultimate effect on you or your guild.

Adding rewards is a great way of keeping PvP interesting, and adding a depth to what is a fairly flat guiding experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffee View Post
    I personally like the idea of guild PvP. I've played games when guild PvP was implemented really well. It also gives people a chance to get to know each other through rivalry. It seems like Rift (like WoW and most of the modern MMO's) is just a bunch of poeple running around tugging in all directions that have no ultimate effect on you or your guild.

Adding rewards is a great way of keeping PvP interesting, and adding a depth to what is a fairly flat guiding experience.
    I like the idea of wagering PLAT on guild battles or duels. That adds a dynamic that most games don't have.

Shadowlander

You atleast need an open arena in meridian for defiant v defiant combat. If this is a pvp server why is it limited to only team v team pvp. that get bland fast.
    That's something I really hated as well in WoW; when they enabled same faction PvP becasue it took all the immersion away for me. I don't want to fight my own faction, we have an enemy for a reason.
    Last edited by Argentum; 05-13-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    That's something I really hated as well in WoW; when they enabled same faction PvP becasue it took all the immersion away for me. I don't want to fight my own faction, we have an enemy for a reason.
    ya the problem is there are not enough enemies running around. so people idle in meridian waiting for warfronts. we need arenas in meridian. it is not a question of does it need to be there. it should be there

Soulwalker

hey guys iam a cleric too i want arena

Shadowlander

You know what this game needs? A 3rd Race...

Call them....

the Detached

Bam!

A whole new perspective on PvP! Defiants, Guardians, and Detached!

Think about it, transform all the Warfronts into triangular format, endless fun!

>.> I know I'm being impractical <.<
    .....................If Only.....................

RIFT really needs some open areas where players can arrange teams or use the LFG tool to make a 5 man group. Defiants can team up vrs other Defiants or guardiands. 5 defiants v 5 defiants or 5 guardians v 5 guardians can happen. You can arrange your teammate. For example the "us 5 challenge you 5 to a battle". We bet 50 Plat that we will win. Winner wins 100plat.

That's like tossing an anchor to a drowning man.

Its sad to say this but, GW1 had better pvp compared to this game.... and that was from 2004 !!

They had Arenas, GvG, Hall of Heroes, Faction vs Faction & much more !!

Is this the best you can do for pvp in 7 years difference ??

4 warfronts and... well.... just 4 warfronts ? (yes open world pvp sucks not counting it)
    In Game: Necroz

+ Reply to Thread