+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged Rogue PVP seems like an IMPOSSIBILITY to me! :(

Telaran

Default Ranged Rogue PVP seems like an IMPOSSIBILITY to me! :(

You see may Main is Rogue. And while in Assasin or Bard built it works fairly well in PVP, any ranged attempt seems impossible to me.

My main issue is the lack of an autoface. I have tried out two different builts, one with many points put into Ranger, some Bard and Marksman for additional power. The second built is mainly Marksman, so I can use all my bow skills at close combat, I am supposed to be able to run faster, to jump back all the stuff... but truth be told, it helps nothing. Why? Well because Rift PVP supports LOLCOPERTING.

Lolcoptering, the thing I hate. Since there is no autoface, any melee char can just bunny jump around you like mad (I know because I do so myself as Assasin) and every ranged char like Ranger, Marksman or Mage have close to ZERO chance, because you just can't turn around fast enough. It's impossible. You don't only have to turn with your mouse and follow them - ALL THE TIME - no you also have to launch an attack. Result: the moment a melee char is lolcoptering around you, you are lost. At least if the melee char at least half knows what he is doing. You cant stun, he will cross those 20 m jump back in 2 seconds, it's virtually impossible since melee can attack while moving around you and most archery skills need you to stand still, face the enemy AND avoid them.

It is just absurd. And I'd like to do some more archery, but as it is, it is just not really funny. :I

My tip to you is to move off your pedestal.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Right. Stay mobile and use your mouse for turning, not your keyboard. You don't need autoface.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I played range for a long time because it is so easy to play. You back up when they get close, you go forward when the run. The only two directions you need to go.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ljiona View Post
    I played range for a long time because it is so easy to play. You back up when they get close, you go forward when the run. The only two directions you need to go.
    IF players would cooperate. Which the Guardians here on my server DON'T. No body helps me, no healer heals me, they only heals themselves or some tank. The only thing I can hope for is people ignore me. Which is sort of difficult since I wear a pink Pajama. >.<

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by sarnokh View Post
    IF players would cooperate. Which the Guardians here on my server DON'T. No body helps me, no healer heals me, they only heals themselves or some tank. The only thing I can hope for is people ignore me. Which is sort of difficult since I wear a pink Pajama. >.<
    That's probably because you are out of LOS. I see marksmen running around all the time, but they are around the tree, then up the wall, then behind the rock like Speedy Gonzales. I'd like to heal them, but my heals require range and sight.

Prophet of Telara

Hint: It is not issues with the class.

dont stay in one place. a ranged rogue should never stop moving.

and just say no to keyboard turning.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

Quote Originally Posted by sarnokh View Post
    Wait, you're wearing Pink Pajamas on the battlefield and you want to know why you're being targeted and killed?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    Wait, you're wearing Pink Pajamas on the battlefield and you want to know why you're being targeted and killed?
    Hm, I dunno. Do you think lilac would fit better to my blonde hair?

+ Reply to Thread