+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trion, Stop using Pvers as fodder for your PvP!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wraught View Post
    My guild doesn't pve. You say that only 1/3 of the dailys are pvp. How is that fair to me? In response to what YOU want...How about we meet in the middle and make it 50/50?
    Yes, I would love to see Trion implement something more fair to us PvPers like this, im sending in game feedback now thanks for the idea

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Yes, I would love to see Trion implement something more fair to us PvPers like this, im sending in game feedback now thanks for the idea
    I find it funny that the PvP'rs don't realize they are crapping in their own bed.

Telaran

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Notnice View Post
    I find it funny that the PvP'rs don't realize they are crapping in their own bed.
    Wait, hold on a second...
    This guy might be on to something. Instead of taking the original PvP quests and increasing it to an absurd amounts, forcing Pvers to PvP a more then before, they could have just added new additional PvP quests. Forcing low level guilds to kill 550 players, they could revert it back to just killing 50 players and create a new OPTIONAL PvP guild quest to kill the other 500 players.

What this does is that new guilds that don't like PvP can go back to leveling up their guilds at normal rates before the patch, and people that do like the PvP have the option of leveling up even faster after the patch.
    Also Trion wins because they get PvE players that actually want to PvP instead of a bunch of PvE players running into the middle spamming AoE hoping to get their kill rate up faster.

Yeah, everybody is happy again.

Default umm

You do realize that every Tuesday at server up you get the full set of quests for that week right? The PvP quests are as optional to you as the Dungeon boss kill quests are to me. If you don't like the PvP quest, don't accept it. You will get new ones the next week to pick from! One will be boss kills (from level appropriate dungeons), one will be rift related, and the last will be PvP related. You may pick any one of them, or none of them.. or plow through all 3. By not picking the PvP one each week you will progress a little slower but you certainly are not being forced to do PvP for progression, just forced to do it for the most rapid possible progression. Just as I am forced to kill bosses in dungeons for gear I do not want (no valor) for the most rapid progression in guild level.

It could be worse, you could get the one to win whitefall steppes 10 times.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Telaran

I'm sorry but my guild is only halfway through rank 6 because nobody wants to do the pve quests. We've only been able to get one of the 1000 rift creature ones done before the next pvp one came out.

Should I complain? If two outta three are pve I'd say the pvpers are getting shafted.
    Last edited by MFvALE; 05-13-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    LOL!

/10char

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I wish. At the moment we need 25 Whitefall Steppe wins
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadwolf View Post
    Trion has gone too far with their changes to the PvP guild dailies. Our new guild is only level 1 and we got a daily where we have to kill 550 players in PvP. Five Hundred and Fifty! A level 1 quest! Explain yourself Trion, as far as I know, the original quests were like "kill 50 players" and these were for level 4 or 5 guilds. Not only did you make it a lot harder for new guilds to level up, but unlike most of the trash PvP which could be avoided, guild dailies cannot, forcing Pvers to Pvp more then neccessary.

We all know how PvP in mmos works. Pvpers need PvE fodder to get free kills and farm favor/prestige so they can get PvP gear and feel great about themselves, knowing the battles were always in their favor from the beginning. A lot of trolls on this forum are going to deny this and flame me, and feel free to do so to keep this thread bumped long enough for the guild quests to be fixed.

The point is that it's safe to say most PvE guilds don't care about doing warfronts, maybe put in some meaningful world PvP or RvR and we'll talk. Until then forcing guilds with the minimum number of players to do PvP quests that take 11x longer to complete as a band aid to supplement your trash unbalanced warfronts is wrong.

In summary, we're not asking Trion to change how PvP works, we don't care, we just want to keep extensive PvPing optional for PvE guilds in PvE servers. Isn't that fair? Also why did they make this ridiculous change in the first place? Literally nobody in the forums where complaining that the guild quests weren't grindy enough.
    no one in my guild PvE's. you have more quests based on PvE then PvP. guese what, no one in my guild complains because the game has more then one type of end game and they expect the people who do both to progress the fastest (makes sense to me)
    Something witty goes here.

I understand that you guys are trying to help and I respect that.
    I'm asking you guys for a little respect in return to read my post and understand where I'm coming from.

We are a PvE guild NOT PvP, we are NOT going to get even less than half our members doing these PvP guild dailies which are NOT optional for guild progression. Please don't argue how easy it is for you, the point is that it's 11x harder then it was before, which is an insane increase, and completely unfair for new guilds with no PvP perks compared to established guilds with more players and more perks.
    You can get well over 100 kills in any port scion. The quests don't count killing blows, only kills, which your entire team contributes to. It's more like 3-5 wf's.

Plane Touched

Trion has gone too far with their changes to the PvP guild dailies. Our new guild is only level 1 and we got a daily where we have to kill 550 players in PvP. Five Hundred and Fifty! A level 1 quest! Explain yourself Trion, as far as I know, the original quests were like "kill 50 players" and these were for level 4 or 5 guilds. Not only did you make it a lot harder for new guilds to level up, but unlike most of the trash PvP which could be avoided, guild dailies cannot, forcing Pvers to Pvp more then neccessary.

We all know how PvP in mmos works. Pvpers need PvE fodder to get free kills and farm favor/prestige so they can get PvP gear and feel great about themselves, knowing the battles were always in their favor from the beginning. A lot of trolls on this forum are going to deny this and flame me, and feel free to do so to keep this thread bumped long enough for the guild quests to be fixed.

The point is that it's safe to say most PvE guilds don't care about doing warfronts, maybe put in some meaningful world PvP or RvR and we'll talk. Until then forcing guilds with the minimum number of players to do PvP quests that take 11x longer to complete as a band aid to supplement your trash unbalanced warfronts is wrong.

In summary, we're not asking Trion to change how PvP works, we don't care, we just want to keep extensive PvPing optional for PvE guilds in PvE servers. Isn't that fair? Also why did they make this ridiculous change in the first place? Literally nobody in the forums where complaining that the guild quests weren't grindy enough.

umm just to let OP know .. its dosent take long to get 550 kills .. i logged in after work for just over a hour of pure pvp grinding losing most my matches .... as normal .. but still managed to get a decent 398 kills in that small amount of time b4 servers went down.

Angry kid is angry. I, myself, have spent about 4 hours PVPing today and have accumulated 721 kills. You only need 550 to complete the quest, I don't understand what the problem is here. Take 10 of your guys and tell them to do 2 battlegrounds. Do Scion, you can easily get 150 or more kills from one warfront! If you had a premade of four people in there well guess what you've completed your quest. Do not come to the PVP & Warfronts forum and whine about something so asinine.

General of Telara

Maybe the 3 different type of guild quests (well 4 now with gathering) are there so that everyone can contribute to guild XP in one way or another without having to change their playstyle too much ? (the the fact that you can't take the same quest over and over is just an artificial limit to guild progression, nothing to do with "forcing" you to PvP)

Your leveling chars & hardcore rifters can do the rift quests in no time.
    Dungeon addicts can finish the "kill bosses in XX" one in a few runs
    PvP'ers will clear the "kill XXX guardians" quest quite quickly too if warfronts are active on your server.
    Peaceful hippie soloers can still help the guild by gathering herbs.

Shield of Telara

If you don't want to fight the other faction, join a warfront as a cleric, spec warden and spam AE's - it helps your team and you get credit for any kills they do.

Seriously my guild leader got this quest and it was done within about 2 hours. Just play port scion.

Yes, Kill 550 players as a guild quest is rough. I did it by myself in 6 WF's in one day.... Now if you tried to finish that quest in open world PVP that would be a problem. Trion set up the game so everyone can rabbit hole from one instance to another all day long which makes open world PVP a huge challenge to get 20-30 kills in a day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast