Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled Subscription Today

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sc1ence View Post
    Cancelled sub because pvp is awful now. Players are dead within 3-5 seconds of engaging an enemy. No one is healing. Damage is way too high. Valor seems more useless now than it did pre 1.2.

GG
    3 from guild cancelled yesterday including myself as PvP is just crap! I joing a PvP server so I could PvP outside WF's but whats the point unless you got top tier gear. All I want is a fair fight where skill outranks gear Pity that will never happen in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    What you fail to realize is, that the more people that leave that leaves you less people to "PEW PEW" against.

I never understood the mentality of certain people in the pvp community. If the game is not balanced, that means you have less and less people to play against.

Funny, I see more new faces since the changes. Our queues are almost instant now and I don't see the same opposing groups 10 WFs in a row on the other side.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    I think 1.2 is better than 1.1

But...

I'll be quoting when my 3 month subs up. This is a raiders game, pvp is low down the priority list. Grinding 4 wfs doesn't do it for me, game needs rvr or guild vs guild or something. The biggest let down for me though is the actual combat, its very button spammy, not that tactical, too macro dependant and well hard to explain, but feels more frustrating than fun, there's a large random element to it.
    I am quoting right now!

But seriously probably after my 6 month sub. It has taken Trion 2 months what usually takes an MMO 2+years. Have me log on, run in circles around the main town for a while, then wonder why I logged on, and log off.
    Last edited by Tugrath; 05-13-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Each to their own. I am happy some are enjoying it. I know my wife and I canceled today, and a good number of my guild has just stopped playing since 1.2. Perhaps it is just me getting sick of being rolled by defiant premades on the sunrest/lotham/faeblight cluster.
    I'm on the same Cluster as you.... Our losing streak is not as bad as before 1.1 and there are a lot more folks pvping. The pre-mades from before are having to figure out how to play again since they aren't the OP of the month. That added to the fact a lot of new folks are pvping now you'll get a lot more matches that are not against pre-made rank 6s.
    Last edited by Celestian; 05-13-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    Odd, other than the matching (rank6 groups against pugs rank 1-3) it's been a blast. It's reinvigorated my pvp game time.
    I've been thinking the same thing. But, then again we're both Assassins, so what does that say?

(Rogues are in their most competitive state since beta.)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pipra View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. But, then again we're both Assassins, so what does that say?

(Rogues are in their most competitive state since beta.)
    Well, guess you guys can have a blast because healers aren't liking the game since the patch (unless you are in a premade), and I know warriors have to be getting tired of getting kited by all the range classes.

So..I guess it'll be one big mass of pyros vs sins vs mm rogues insta gibbing each other.

I'm going to stick it out, as I have faith they will restore some sanity back to pvp at some point instead of this dps race pvp has become. Whoever has the most dps wins (specifically range) wins. I didn't like the CC fest it was, but to remove CC then bump up rogue damage to almost pyro levels while also bumping up dps on pvpgear and making 3 specs of healers useless...man.

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    Well, guess you guys can have a blast because healers aren't liking the game since the patch (unless you are in a premade), and I know warriors have to be getting tired of getting kited by all the range classes.
    Warriors still rip me to shreds (the tank ones, not dps ones) even when I get the jump on them and they have half-health. Sorry, I don't buy this woe is me warrior and cleric line. I still can't kill a justicar (with help) either and healer clerics are hit or miss depending on when I hit them. IF they are all quitting because someone has half-a chance to kill them now instead of 0 then I have no sympathy. For the record I don't expect to kill tanks (wars or justicars) but complaining they have the short end of the stick is laughable.

So..I guess it'll be one big mass of pyros vs sins vs mm rogues insta gibbing each other.
    Go pyro, assassins are not "gibbing" anyone. We're just not the low end of ALL dps sticks now. That being said I'll probably pick you out of the crowd as a pyro for payback for everyone else.

I'm going to stick it out, as I have faith they will restore some sanity back to pvp at some point instead of this dps race pvp has become. Whoever has the most dps wins (specifically range) wins. I didn't like the CC fest it was, but to remove CC then bump up rogue damage to almost pyro levels while also bumping up dps on pvpgear and making 3 specs of healers useless...man.
    I can finally kill people as easily as they kill me. To me, that's balance. Pre 1.2, I felt like a punching bag half the time. I am sorry that healers aren't having as much fun, but to be truly honest, I think that these changes are better for the game.

That said, I fully expect Eradicate to be nerfed. Trion is building a solid history of listening to the community outcry of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I am quoting right now!

But seriously probably after my 6 month sub. It has taken Trion 2 months what usually takes an MMO 2+years. Have me log on, run in circles around the main town for a while, then wonder why I logged on, and log off.
    BINGO!

i loled
    Last edited by Blays; 05-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Each to their own. I am happy some are enjoying it. I know my wife and I canceled today, and a good number of my guild has just stopped playing since 1.2. Perhaps it is just me getting sick of being rolled by defiant premades on the sunrest/lotham/faeblight cluster.
    ??? Rolled by defiants? I am Sunrest Guardian and never see this (the constant rolling that is). Sure there are ups and down and some Dang good matches but i dont experience constant rolling. Pug vs Pug I experience about a 75% win chance and premade vs premade is about the same unless it is a really really good 5 man then its a battle.

Which actual server are you on? That may play a roll in it as Sunrest is very premade heavy on both sides so unless you solo or 1-3 person que you may not get in many of the matches with us. I often go hours and see 1 or 2 lotham people and 1 or 2 Faeblights (usually the sames ones chain queing the favor grind!)

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Your Average QQ /Ragequitter View Post
    Cancelled sub because pvp is awful now.
    Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
    Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
    Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
    Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
    Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,
    Others are blue.
    It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
    Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
    Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
    Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
    Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

And remember kiddies:

1. Be neat and clean.
    2. Be courteous and polite.
    3. Always obey your parents.
    4. Protect the weak and help them.
    5. Be brave but never take chances.
    6. Study hard and learn all you can.
    7. Be kind to animals and take care of them.
    8. Eat all your food and never waste any.
    9. be sure to QQ on the next game's forums you play.
    10. And definitley let the door hit you...
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-13-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by codecow View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

(hands got tired)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Dude, we don't run premades. You're just terrible. In fact now that Clerics have been brought back down to earth a bit we're even roflstomping your Sunset premades on some occasions. Previously unkillable people like Four have suddenly become mortal.

If you want to fix Guardian on our cluster you need to start with the bad players you have like Joe (hopefully you're not Joe). You have all these idiot MM rogues who are running a gimp spec standing in the back while they get plowed. Most of them are keyboard turners. You can defeat them 1v2 and 1v3 just by running through them. It is really sad.

I am sad you're quitting the game because it means I will have to wait longer to play but at least know that you're quitting because your side is bad not because of some great strategy happening on the other side.
    Plenty of Defiant (and guardian) premades.

Four lost a total of 3% mitigation. She didnít run the broken god mod spec. Sheís still pretty un-killable though focus fire hurts a bit more now after 1.2 and it seems after months you all have learned to use it... sometimes. Also a lot of people including Four and myself have been trying new specs for fun and to see how some of the new interactions work with abilities. I am sure a lot of people are doing this as well so it can give a skewed look at how certain players were actually affected.

ROFpwned or whatever lingo you used is quiet the exaggeration but at least you came back down to earth by saying "In some occasions"

Calling out Joe or a MM for that matter is pretty silly. Ive seen a lot of good MM, dont get me wrong they arent broken OMG pyro powerful but they serve a good purpose. Especially after 1.2. They offer decent assist train action and they can take 1-2 stupid people out of a game for a while if they choose to chase them for 10 minutes while there team is getting mopped up. Also decent at certain objectives in a warfront.

I do agree though that people need to do something about it instead of just walking away. But to each their own. People choose how they want to react to diverse situations. Bottom line is if they arenít having fun and donít want to take the time to do anything about it thatís perfectly ok. They key is having fun.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bahatsu View Post
    Calling out Joe or a MM for that matter is pretty silly. Ive seen a lot of good MM, dont get me wrong they arent broken OMG pyro powerful but they serve a good purpose.
    Sure I mean I had a MM spec and I could do well with it (high positive KD like 16-1, 15-1 etc...) even in 1.1 they were fine even as < 38 point. The only MM spec I have now is 32NB.

Joe never goes positive, he is a free kill (as are many MM baddies). Sure he may be spamming Fell Blades or something but I doubt it.

Fact is, Guardian used to completely dominate our cluster and likely due to boredom or finishing the game a lot of those early players bailed. As time goes on Defiant is getting more and more powerful to the point where we are pulling win chains of 5-6 Scions regularly on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by codecow View Post
    Sure I mean I had a MM spec and I could do well with it (high positive KD like 16-1, 15-1 etc...) even in 1.1 they were fine even as < 38 point. The only MM spec I have now is 32NB.

Joe never goes positive, he is a free kill (as are many MM baddies). Sure he may be spamming Fell Blades or something but I doubt it.

Fact is, Guardian used to completely dominate our cluster and likely due to boredom or finishing the game a lot of those early players bailed. As time goes on Defiant is getting more and more powerful to the point where we are pulling win chains of 5-6 Scions regularly on the weekends.

I like Joe Good team player. Assist off of my main DPS so always helpful there!

I agree that there was a time when even pugging we were rolling 80-85% of the time and a 3 man premade was a Gu-ar-un-teed win! I think a lot of it is a combo of some of the higher end players rolling alts and getting them to 50. Some have left for a bit. Im sure you all have experience alot of that as well. Also some just dont play as much as they used to because now they have every R6 piece and are pretty bored of the content.

Not taking anything away from defiants as they seem to put up a much better fight. And you all do have some nasty premades. The night 1.2 went live tho was like the good ole days. A lot of people came out of the wood works and im pretty sure at least on the cycle of Scion ques that we were on we didnt lose one in the 4 hours i played.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    Odd, other than the matching (rank6 groups against pugs rank 1-3) it's been a blast. It's reinvigorated my pvp game time.
    ^^ this....and bye....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast