Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stop taking pvp so seriously, Trion Isn't

Default Stop taking pvp so seriously, Trion Isn't

I mean really we all know this is not a pvp game. Some of us are on a 6month subscription or waiting till SW:ToR comes out, we know that there is no real pvp in this game. We know it is not a real pvp game. I mean hell even my signature with a quote directly from the lead developer himself was only said to hook pvp'ers into playing Rift.

We should stop taking it so seriously. Stop trying to get Trion to cater to any of our needs, and just kinda coast along until something better comes along.

I say all of us pvp'ers just roll 1 of every single class, and just wait for each path and FOTM the crap outta all th pve'ers who join our warfronts or who run around on our pvp servers.

I figured this out about 4 days into head start and I feel great.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    I figured this out about 4 days into head start and I feel great.
    I miss beta...

...well, I miss the free beta. Not really happy with the paid beta.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    I mean really we all know this is not a pvp game. Some of us are on a 6month subscription or waiting till SW:ToR comes out,
    I think you mean GW2

Rift Disciple

This is a PVE game. Once you accept it, you'll enjoy it more...or well, just accept it. I'm accepting the fact that I will continue to play this game only until the next one comes out, SWTOR or GW2. This is just a filler(as it seems like every MMORPG since EQ) anymore.

It may be a PvE game, but I am under the opinion that you can make a truly great experience that combines elements of both pve and pvp, and no I am not refering to questing on a pvp shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy View Post
    This is a PVE game. Once you accept it, you'll enjoy it more...or well, just accept it. I'm accepting the fact that I will continue to play this game only until the next one comes out, SWTOR or GW2. This is just a filler(as it seems like every MMORPG since EQ) anymore.
    EQ was filler between UO and the next game...just saying.

I say all of us pvp'ers just roll 1 of every single class, and just wait for each path and FOTM the crap outta all th pve'ers who join our warfronts or who run around on our pvp servers.
    Ummm, what? I am just as pissed off at the lack of attention to pvp as you are, just because I rolled on a pve server does not mean I care nothing about pvp. Warfronts are the main part of my game time. So you can keep this elitist ****. People like you are why I stay off pvp servers.

Sez

It's not the same unless Soulstitch is complaining about something.

Thanks Soulstitch!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Tottal agree with the orignal post on this thread

i also figured this out early

50 cleric
    50 warrior
    25 mage
    27 rogue

OP was pretty much right in the post... PvE is this game niche, as it surely isn't PvP because if it was the soul system would be entirely different.

Thanks for the post, helped me realized that I should be even more on the lookout for GW2 (not SW because I can't trust a star wars game... they've all failed except Kotor).
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    LOOK @ ME!, Ima Warr in ur thread praisin ur NURFS. GOGO Warr's YARR!!!
    ....I'm not sure where the fail came from first; the grammar or the fact you spelled "Nerfs" wrong.

Soulwalker

Some of us are on a 6month subscription or waiting till SW:ToR comes out

that's me, but seriously you better reconsider if you think BIOWARE is gonna have a badass PvP game.... have you seen the IGN sneak peeks? the game looks very worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by redarray View Post
    that's me, but seriously you better reconsider if you think BIOWARE is gonna have a badass PvP game.... have you seen the IGN sneak peeks? the game looks very worrisome.
    The graphics look ****ty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    LOOK @ ME!, Ima Warr in ur thread praisin ur NURFS. GOGO Warr's YARR!!!
    ....I'm not sure where the fail came from first; the grammar or the fact you spelled "Nerfs" wrong.

Telaran

I mean really we all know this is not a pvp game. Some of us are on a 6month subscription or waiting till SW:ToR comes out, we know that there is no real pvp in this game. We know it is not a real pvp game. I mean hell even my signature with a quote directly from the lead developer himself was only said to hook pvp'ers into playing Rift.

We should stop taking it so seriously. Stop trying to get Trion to cater to any of our needs, and just kinda coast along until something better comes along.

Amen

PvP is just utterly broken, between balance issues, broken CC, off the hook AEs, gear disparity, inability to separate Pre-Made vs. PuGs, zero world PvP...

Guess I'll join the rest of my buddies that quit post 1.2

Think I am just gonna chill and check back in a few months.

My own fault too much expectation, but to be fair Trion PR dept didn't help that though.
    Last edited by ChinaX; 05-12-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Soulwalker

I
    Maybe if there is time to burn but personally I don't think it's worth the bother.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast