+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please fix PvP queue times, put balance on the backburner.

Soulwalker

Default Please fix PvP queue times, put balance on the backburner.

What is the point in balancing the classes if I cannot even get into a Warfront game. PvP queues seem to be ridiculous everywhere. Yes sometimes there is maybe once a week a time in which 3 games might pop back to back. I do not have the time to sit around and wait 30-120+ minutes to get into a game that is already decided and ending, and then have to wait forever again. No I do not want to participate in the PvE crap, sometimes, but hardly ever.

Put more servers together or something

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Haumburglar View Post
    PvP queues seem to be ridiculous everywhere.
    Woah! You have a 50 on every PvP-cluster? On both Guardian and Defiant side??

Nice job man, that musta been fun to level.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

The queue times grow the more balance issues there are.

That said, they need to cluster all NA servers together, instead of the small clusters.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The queue times grow the more balance issues there are.
    True.

That said, they need to cluster all NA servers together, instead of the small clusters.
    That is illogical.

That said (referring to the true statement at the top), they should address balance issues. If balance issues are addressed, queue times will no longer grow. They are likely to go down as players return to balanced PvP.

If they cluster all shards while the queue times continue to grow...the problem is never addressed.

IMBA/FotM will rank up/gear up faster. They will find they have nothing to do, boredom sets in, and they leave the game. Non-IMBA/FotM will continue to see that it is pointless, not queue and possibly just leave the game.

So...yeah...perhaps address the balance issues and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Woah! You have a 50 on every PvP-cluster? On both Guardian and Defiant side??

Nice job man, that musta been fun to level.
    He's got a 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, and 40-49 on every cluster as well.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

I disagree. If we merge all of the clusters may turn out to be just as bad as some of these clusters in terms of win/loss rate. Furthermore, you will no longer have a variance in queue times: if queues start to diminish there is no way to bring them back. Don't put yourself in that situation. However, I agree with you that the clusters are too small but that is only apparent in retrospect.

What ought to happen is a shifting of clusters. Produce an algorithm in which the shards are grouped randomly in sets of six or however many needed to make an even distribution in the clusters. These can be changed around again once a month or when new shards are released or merged, whichever occurs first.

How about putting all PvP servers into a cluster, and all PvE servers into a cluster?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

How about putting all PvP servers into a cluster, and all PvE servers into a cluster?
    The only difference between PvP shards and PvE shards is you can gank on PvP shards.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    The only difference between PvP shards and PvE shards is you can gank on PvP shards.
    I don't care how they cluster the shards, so much as they just cluster more together. Preferrably 10 or more to one cluster.

Sheesh, is that better?

Topeka Photography

I don't care how they cluster the shards, so much as they just cluster more together. Preferrably 10 or more to one cluster.

Sheesh, is that better?
    I'm of the opinion that they do the following:

Separate PuG vs Premade (2-3 people is not a premade, imho).
    Separate R1-2, R3-4, R5-6 (putting the relevant T1/2/etc folks in the respective groups).
    Include all US shards in a single cluster(do the same for the EU folks, all in one EU cluster).

There are around 58 US shards. 3-4 shards per queue, so we have somewhere between 14-19 clusters.

So... one queue with 14-19 clusters or 6 queues with 1 cluster.

Yep, that is what I'm the opinion of...

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    I'm of the opinion that they do the following:

Separate PuG vs Premade (2-3 people is not a premade, imho).
    Separate R1-2, R3-4, R5-6 (putting the relevant T1/2/etc folks in the respective groups).
    Include all US shards in a single cluster(do the same for the EU folks, all in one EU cluster).

There are around 58 US shards. 3-4 shards per queue, so we have somewhere between 14-19 clusters.

So... one queue with 14-19 clusters or 6 queues with 1 cluster.

Yep, that is what I'm the opinion of...
    My opinion is keep Ranks 1-4 together, while pairing Ranks 5-6. After doing that, seperate any 5 man team, from the smaller teams, and solo PUGs. I just don't see any 4 man team beating my 5 man team, BUT I'd be willing to seperate any 4, and 5 man team from the smaller teams, and solo PUGs.

Aside from that, they really need a raid queue system.

I've been running more, and more in PUGs because winning in some of the premades I was running with, was just painfully boring getting free win, after free win.

Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Haumburglar View Post
    What is the point in balancing the classes if I cannot even get into a Warfront game. PvP queues seem to be ridiculous everywhere. Yes sometimes there is maybe once a week a time in which 3 games might pop back to back. I do not have the time to sit around and wait 30-120+ minutes to get into a game that is already decided and ending, and then have to wait forever again. No I do not want to participate in the PvE crap, sometimes, but hardly ever.

Put more servers together or something
    They will have to. I used to have a nice friends list of people that I would pvp with. Not premades, just people I met. It's been empty now for awhile. Most of them didn't log on, and since the patch none have. It's anecdotal of course, but it's been a growing trend. The people that once populated warfronts are leaving. No I'm not saying the game is going to die, far from it. I think RIFT will become a PvE only game. They should, that is where RIFT shines. It has beautiful graphics, and some o.k. gameplay.

I had a queue last night that was 2 hours long, I got a warfront for codex that had my team at 50 or so and the other team at around 900. I stayed, but what was the point. I don't have the time to wait for hours. People aren't queuing for warfronts anymore. Unless they start merging servers, or shard groups it won't change.

I agree that they need to add more servers per cluster. This is almost a necessity at this point.

I also agree there should be an option to raid queue, group queue and solo.

If all servers (Even if you separated NA and EU groups) were able to queue up you would have WF's going non stop for those players that would rather PVP than kill mobs so they can kill more mobs.

I hope they decide to do something really soon. I for one would rather spend time fighting against an actual player than a very predictable "AI". The thing about PVP is that there is no single strat to win. You have to think on your feet and be able to react quickly. In PVE all you have to do is read the strat and your golden.

I think they should have a minimum 30 minute queue time for any warfront to fix the abomination that is instanced pvp.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

My opinion is keep Ranks 1-4 together, while pairing Ranks 5-6. After doing that, seperate any 5 man team, from the smaller teams, and solo PUGs. I just don't see any 4 man team beating my 5 man team, BUT I'd be willing to seperate any 4, and 5 man team from the smaller teams, and solo PUGs.

Aside from that, they really need a raid queue system.

I've been running more, and more in PUGs because winning in some of the premades I was running with, was just painfully boring getting free win, after free win.
    Given the changes to how easy gear is to acquire, I could see grouping R1-4 together.

As for the raid queues - I had envisioned somewhere down the line that as there were more R6 players, that they might take a look at some form of raid/tournament system with additional maps. Considering all the other planar entities we deal with, the various timelines, etc - it would not be difficult to implement some form of Multiverse/Dimensional Tournament of Champions - that would even allow for Guardian vs. Guardian and Defiant vs. Defiant..

That gets into the various arguments that come about in regard to rewards though. The "oh shiny" folk would not like my belief that the rewards for such tournaments should not be "gear"...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast