+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Griefing is harassment and abuse and should be bannable.

Thumbs down Griefing is harassment and abuse and should be bannable.

This is the 2nd day in a row on a PvP server where I logon and in Stonefield can't get anything done because of high level griefers, who have literally camped me for over an hour.. ?? to me as a level 20.

Don't say "go do warfronts" I would be quite underpowered as a level 20 in a level 20-29 bracket and the que times are long.

Seriously I understand it is a PvP server, and ganking is fine with me, even a few times if it's someone I can compete against.

But a Rogue who can incapacitate me from stealth, 20 meters away and 1 shot me endlessly, without consequence, for over an hour?

There's nowhere else I can level but in warfronts, and the ques are too long to be effective leveling speed.

This seriously needs addressed, it is very out of hand.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Trion have stated in words of one syllable, they do not consider griefing is POSSIBLE in the context of PvP, anything goes. If you really get this upset about being ganked, roll on a PVE server.
    Last edited by Kerin; 05-10-2011 at 06:31 AM.

This is the 2nd day in a row on a PvP server where I logon and in Stonefield can't get anything done because of high level griefers, who have literally camped me for over an hour.. ?? to me as a level 20.

Don't say "go do warfronts" I would be quite underpowered as a level 20 in a level 20-29 bracket and the que times are long.

Seriously I understand it is a PvP server, and ganking is fine with me, even a few times if it's someone I can compete against.

But a Rogue who can incapacitate me from stealth, 20 meters away and 1 shot me endlessly, without consequence, for over an hour?

There's nowhere else I can level but in warfronts, and the ques are too long to be effective leveling speed.

quit the game

The poster above me is a bit brash, but yeah, you should either roll on a pve server or go to a different game. A PvP environment is one where you will get ganked. Sometimes by max level players.

Either reroll on a pve server or call in some friends using general chat. The world pvp is so limited in this game, most level 50's would love the chance to come out and get into a fight.

There are tools at your disposal. Use them.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    lThe world pvp is so limited in this game, most level 50's would love the chance to come out and get into a fight.
    Any time that I've gone to stonefield to gank it was a deliberate attempt to lure 50's out of Meridian for some world PvP so yes, you should ask for help in general chat.

A) Log out and play an alt for a while or B) Reroll to a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaded View Post
    A) Log out and play an alt for a while or B) Reroll to a PvE server.
    "Logout and play on alt for a little while so when you logon you can get ganked for another hour".

Then logout again!

I've been asking people about the couple of guys ganking, and it's an everyday thing for them, for multiple hours on-end.

So if you have 100 level 50s who do the same thing, how in Gods name do you ever get anything done?

Working as intended man, sadly this is all pvp servers are in the modern mmo.

what is the name of that buff...

Maybe you should go to a pve server.

PvP is not griefing people, PvP is fighting someone of equal level, and skill.

Griefing someone is not PvP, it is abusing the auto PvP flag in a lower level zone you really have no reason to even be in, but to grief.

The reason I chose, and alot of others choose a PvP server, is for equal level world PvP.

Griefing =/= PvP, and a "PVP server" should be a server that promotes balanced PvP, and anyone entering a lower level PvP zone, should have their level capped at the zones highest quest level.

PvP servers should not scream griefing.

Default Talk trash = get camped all day

I would bet you said something to them in /yell - right?

My policy is if you open your fly catcher and talk some sht, I will continue killing you all day long.

Keep your mouth shut and move to a different area or get a guild.
    Last edited by Cheezer; 05-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Did you try waiting this person out by not rezzing right away?

Did you try calling in friends?

Did you try calling for help in general chat?

Did you switch to a different toon for a while?

These are all things that can be done to combat griefers. I, for one dislike griefers a lot, and will kill them anytime I get the chance. Don't underestimate your fellow man, make some high level friends, call in guildies, try to find a solution instead of expecting Trion to do it for you.

Default You Need To Look At Achievements For Killing Enemy Players

There are legit reasons for killing lowbies:

There are many achievements for killing enemy players in enemy zones
    They are near artifacts I need
    They are near Rifts I need
    They are near mobs I need
    They are near RARE mobs I need
    They are near wardstones I need

And you get killed, talk some trash and run right back to the exact same spot - what am I to do?

And you are GD right I camp Meridian/Freemarch for reds - ANY red...

Someone pls pls send this guy back in time to AoCs WhiteSands/Underhalls days lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast