+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Griefing is harassment and abuse and should be bannable.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    This is the 2nd day in a row on a PvP server where I logon and in Stonefield can't get anything done because of high level griefers, who have literally camped me for over an hour.. ?? to me as a level 20.

Don't say "go do warfronts" I would be quite underpowered as a level 20 in a level 20-29 bracket and the que times are long.

Seriously I understand it is a PvP server, and ganking is fine with me, even a few times if it's someone I can compete against.

But a Rogue who can incapacitate me from stealth, 20 meters away and 1 shot me endlessly, without consequence, for over an hour?

There's nowhere else I can level but in warfronts, and the ques are too long to be effective leveling speed.

This seriously needs addressed, it is very out of hand.
    Either role on a PVE server or pay attention, I have killed lowbies before and over and over for talking ****. It's part of the game helps you grow..we have all gone through what your complaining about.

Look at it this way, if the lvl 50 rogue can't kill other lvl 50s in world pvp or in WF than its honestly funny cause he has to beat down someone weaker than him

If you stay on a PVP server learn if you die more than twice to the same player move to a different zone for 20 mins then go back.
    Game History: Diablo, Ultima Online, Dark Ages of Camelot, Age of Conan, ShadowBane, Darkfall Online, Rift

Playdohz[UDA]
    RevAcid[UDA]

This is the 2nd day in a row on a PvP server where I logon and in Stonefield can't get anything done because of high level griefers, who have literally camped me for over an hour.. ?? to me as a level 20.

Don't say "go do warfronts" I would be quite underpowered as a level 20 in a level 20-29 bracket and the que times are long.

Seriously I understand it is a PvP server, and ganking is fine with me, even a few times if it's someone I can compete against.

But a Rogue who can incapacitate me from stealth, 20 meters away and 1 shot me endlessly, without consequence, for over an hour?

There's nowhere else I can level but in warfronts, and the ques are too long to be effective leveling speed.

You should roll on a PVE server.

Part of the enjoyment for us who play on pvp servers is the constant, possibility of being ganked, or encountering pvp at random.

If you want to stay on a PVP server, I would suggest asking some level 50s from your faction to kindly help you against these gankers. Lots of people who are good at pvp love to teach people ganking low levels a lesson.
    Dictated, not read.

Looks like you are trying to play while most of us are at work so the only people on are bored jobless 50s. They tend to do stuff like that, once their friends get home from work they will be off to bigger and better things. My suggestions are (a) get a job (b) make rift your job and become what you hate (c) stop whining (d) quit (e) PvE server (f) all of the above. Any one or combination will do, or you can continue to whine fruitlessly to crowd that feeds on your frustration.

Y u m a d b r o ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ! ! !
    CENTURION BRODSTER THE MARKSMEN MASTER

Shield of Telara

This thread has inspired me to grief all of Freemarch again

Quote Originally Posted by TehBigg View Post
    are you kidding me?!?! lets see these ss's pls.... i think you are lying. I believe you are lying because a pro NEVER QQ's about anything... ANYTHING... ever.

The person who greifed you to the point of making you create this thread is pro.... you are the means by which a pro sustains him/herself... you are Pro-food. your words; his nutrients... your tears; his drink. the more you QQ the stronger the pro becomes.

EDIT: on behalf of all PRO's... I thank you.
    You wish you're so pathetic.

Shield of Telara

I think being a carebear on PvP server should be a bannable offense. Who is with me?

I haven't even QQ'ed at all in this thread just stated facts.

Then it looks like a bunch of 12 year old WoW players hi jacked it, I find it rather amusing you actually are actually taking the thread so seriously, when all I stated is I dislike griefers, and think it should be bannable.

I was never like OMG MY LIFE IS OVER I QUIT IM GONNA GO KILL MESELF CUZ OF GANK I CANT HANDLE IT !!@one!!!!!

All 80% of you are doing is overexaggering my original post by ten-fold, like I give a crap if I get griefed, I've been griefed MUCH worse in AoC 1v5ed.

I'll be the GRIEFER soon enough and SUPPORT this thread you bunch of t w a t s have a great day.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 05-10-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Ascendant

It might be frustrating, but that's how it is and that's how it should be.
    I don't do that ( ganking 20's on my 50's ) but I would still hate it if it was not possible.
    Man up, remember him and own his face when you're 50 too.

And also :
    ...What?
    I play warfronts at every level from 10 to 50... Queue times might be a problem, but being underpowered because you are level 20 is not a good excuse. It's totally playable at level 20.

General of Telara

I'm assuming you are un-guilded, have no friends and have not figured out how to use the basic chat channels. Is that correct?

Because:

(a) Guild members that are of the appropriate level on a PvP server can likely come help
    (b) Friends may have guild members or alts of the appropriate level that can come help
    (c) Failing those two, you can call on the general population of 50s to come help

It is a PvP server. I presume people want to PvP. Why would they not come when you call for help and there is an opportunity for it to turn into an epic PvP brawl?
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Working as intended man, sadly this is all pvp servers are in the modern mmo.
    This. It's really all that PVP servers become in modern MMORPG's, hence why there is such a demand for proper RVR zones on normal "pve" server types in any new game coming out (such as Rift or SWTOR).
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    This. It's really all that PVP servers become in modern MMORPG's, hence why there is such a demand for proper RVR zones on normal "pve" server types in any new game coming out (such as Rift or SWTOR).
    Guild Wars seems to have the right idea. Buff everyone to equal levels in PvP. Pretty sure all these so-called hardcore pvp'ers won't play it. They can't win without gear and levels.

@op I can see why you were ganked nonstop. I honestly want to gank you because of your attitude. Get a life, care bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjie View Post
    Rift died?

Ascendant

OP,

If that bothers you, then you should not play on a pvp server. I don't agree with it, and such ganking is almost always done by people who are not good at pvp, but it is what it is, so you can either suck it up and ask for some help for others on your side or role on a pve server.

It can be really frustrating. But you do have options.

Join a heavy pvp guild, call for help from the guildies.

Ask for help in zone chat.

Don't quest alone.

Go to a different zone and quest.

Write down their names and hold a burning grudge, (keep fueling the grudge with hatred towards them!)..and console yourself with the fact that you will be whipping their butts at level 50. (Because you will)

Reroll on a pve server.

Those are your options.
    Last edited by Misun; 05-10-2011 at 09:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast