+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Gear

Ascendant

Default PVP Gear

Is R5 pvp gear more or less expensive on the test shard? Just debating whether to wait a couple days or not to buy my gear.

I'm pretty sure nothing is changing as far as armor goes. Only the current P5 weapons are being moved down a tier to P4 and they are introducing new P6 weapons that are on par with t3 weaponry. Again, this is far as I know. I have also heard they are introducing a P3/P4 set but to me that is a silly thing to do as the first three ranks go by fairly quickly in relation to the upper two levels. Furthermore, there is not enough favor readily available for this to make sense. As a sole PVPer I had to buy my P1/4 set otherwise I would still be in mostly greens at P5. As a result I will barely have enough favor to purchase all of the P5 items before I hit P6.

Telaran

As an added insult they did not improve the R6 gear to equal the improved T3 gear. PvP gear is still inferior to PvE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBee View Post
    As an added insult they did not improve the R6 gear to equal the improved T3 gear. PvP gear is still inferior to PvE gear.
    This isn't entirely true.

Our gear (pvp) has valor on it, meaning the pve gear has less of an impact in pvp, theoretically.

back to the pvp gear the OP was asking about.

They moved the current Rank 2 items, to require 0 rank to get, then moved the current rank 3/4 to rank 2, then made a new rank set at ranks 3/4, and a new set at rank 5/6, and slashed the prices

moved rank 5 weapons to rank 4, and added rank 6 weapons
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post

Our gear (pvp) has valor on it, meaning the pve gear has less of an impact in pvp, theoretically.

They moved the current Rank 2 items, to require 0 rank to get, then moved the current rank 3/4 to rank 2, then made a new rank set at ranks 3/4, and a new set at rank 5/6, and slashed the prices

Yeah. I would assume the R1-4 set pieces would be a bit cheaper each so you can buy a full set of them every 2 rank levels. But is teh R5 set cheaper or the same? I am guessing the same but I've been wrong before.
    Last edited by solarbear; 05-08-2011 at 05:24 AM.

Rank 6 1handed weaposn are 64k

Rank 6 breastplate is 106k

so i think all around prices are cheaper.

Rank 5:
    Gloves, Belt an Boots = 60221 each
    Rank 5:
    Ring = 50184
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Soulwalker

Wasn't it so that they moved the rank 2 items to 0 and added items to fill the set at rank 2. Rank 3/4 was getting upgraded to be "equal" to T2 gear with additional ring/boots/gloves?
    That's what I've been hearing for the last weeks atleast.

Ascendant

Rank 6 1handed weaposn are 64k

Rank 6 breastplate is 106k

so i think all around prices are cheaper.

Rank 5:
    Gloves, Belt an Boots = 60221 each
    Rank 5:
    Ring = 50184
    That looks to be about the same.

Except in the patch, favor and prestige gains are increased.

So, all in all, things are a tad easier.

I know I'm sitting on about 90k favor, and will be buying the full compliment of Rank 2 (I'm like 3k prestige into rank 3), then saving up favor again until i can start getting the rank 4 items.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

They moved r2 items to r1(u are r1 at lv50) and added new items to r2 for full set.

r3 and r4 items will stay r3, r4 items and will be upgraded to compete with t2 + new items added for full set.

r5 and r6 prices will stay same.

+ Reply to Thread