+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is it wrong for CC to prevent people from using abilities, but okay...

Default Why is it wrong for CC to prevent people from using abilities, but okay...

...for death to prevent people from using abilities?

This is clearly imbalanced and not in line with Rift game design, so I demand immediate implementation of Diminishing Returns on Death. 1st death is like normal, 2nd death is half timer or half vitality loss depending on if you're in a warfront or not, then after that you're immune to death for 30 minutes.

Clearly since it's more fun to use our abilities than not use them, punishing people who die by forcing them to not use skills for close to 30 seconds is unacceptable. These changes ensure that death is useful, but not overpowered.

I demand change.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Makes more sense than their changes lol.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    ...for death to prevent people from using abilities?

This is clearly imbalanced and not in line with Rift game design, so I demand immediate implementation of Diminishing Returns on Death. 1st death is like normal, 2nd death is half timer or half vitality loss depending on if you're in a warfront or not, then after that you're immune to death for 30 minutes.

Clearly since it's more fun to use our abilities than not use them, punishing people who die by forcing them to not use skills for close to 30 seconds is unacceptable. These changes ensure that death is useful, but not overpowered.

I demand change.
    They should also nerf logging off. Logging off prevents me from using my abilities. Logging off is overpowered.

Imagine playing football where the rule was your opponent got to score, no matter what on the 4th down. Wouldn't make for much of a game, really, would it? How about basketball, if the ball nears the rim, you're no longer allowed to defend, and that person gets a free shot. Wouldn't make much of a good game, would it?

Crowd Control prevents people from playing, from fighting. It would be like you and I boxing, and you asked me to tie 1 hand behind my back, or wear weights while running the mile against you, or any number analogies I can think of.

Point is, people want to fight, not watch everyone else fight. This is why CC has never, and will never work in a PvP game. People don't care so much if you best them, and kill them, but they want to know they put up a hell of a fight before they died.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Soulwalker

I say remove health from the game entirely, that way ppl can use abilities till their fingers bleed

oh wait, that will cause QQ'ing about RL injuries

Damn you RL, damn you....
    Last edited by Laga; 05-05-2011 at 03:53 AM.
    Warrior - Officer of Leaves of Tavril - Guardian

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Imagine playing football where the rule was your opponent got to score, no matter what on the 4th down. Wouldn't make for much of a game, really, would it? How about basketball, if the ball nears the rim, you're no longer allowed to defend, and that person gets a free shot. Wouldn't make much of a good game, would it?

Crowd Control prevents people from playing, from fighting. It would be like you and I boxing, and you asked me to tie 1 hand behind my back, or wear weights while running the mile against you, or any number analogies I can think of.

Point is, people want to fight, not watch everyone else fight. This is why CC has never, and will never work in a PvP game. People don't care so much if you best them, and kill them, but they want to know they put up a hell of a fight before they died.
    Actually, to use your analogy, CC is like close marking/blocking a player out of the game or blocking a punch that's thrown. Without it you're just trading punches until someone gets KO'd.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    Actually, to use your analogy, CC is like close marking/blocking a player out of the game or blocking a punch that's thrown. Without it you're just trading punches until someone gets KO'd.
    This.

Worst analogy ever?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashini View Post
    This.

Worst analogy ever?
    I'll take this...YES!

I love it when someone shoots holes into other peoples' flawed analogies.

+1

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Blocking a punch? Lol. Warriors already Block in the game. It's called Block. And then, if they have the right build, they counter.

CC is the equivalent of hitting people in just the right spot so that they can't move...for 3-5 seconds...only to start moving again undamaged (assuming they weren't attacked while "stunned"). Or using some sort of weird radio signals, so that their brain can't communicate with their body and actually attack (casters). At least disarming people makes a little bit of logical sense. Though it's a bit odd that they're able to get their weapon back in 5 seconds while running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Face it, CC makes little sense when compared to battle in real life. The mechanic is fun and makes players feel smart when they use it against others. Having CC done to yourself, however, makes you feel absolutely useless. Like if those 300 spartans yelled "FOR SPARTA!!!" Ran forward, and were pulled into a giant metal net, all of them losing their weaponry in the process, after which they were dumped into the sea to slowly drown.

What's the point if you can't go down with a fight?

go pyromancer and stand in ground of strength you are now immune to cc well done. this is why i think GoS must go.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Blocking a punch? Lol. Warriors already Block in the game. It's called Block. And then, if they have the right build, they counter.

CC is the equivalent of hitting people in just the right spot so that they can't move...for 3-5 seconds...only to start moving again undamaged (assuming they weren't attacked while "stunned"). Or using some sort of weird radio signals, so that their brain can't communicate with their body and actually attack (casters). At least disarming people makes a little bit of logical sense. Though it's a bit odd that they're able to get their weapon back in 5 seconds while running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Face it, CC makes little sense when compared to battle in real life. The mechanic is fun and makes players feel smart when they use it against others. Having CC done to yourself, however, makes you feel absolutely useless. Like if those 300 spartans yelled "FOR SPARTA!!!" Ran forward, and were pulled into a giant metal net, all of them losing their weaponry in the process, after which they were dumped into the sea to slowly drown.

What's the point if you can't go down with a fight?
    Hooray! Another terrible analogy.

Pit traps, spikes to slow down cavalry and prevent charges. Heck, even a portcullis would be CC. "Hax! someone put this gate in front of me to stop me from hitting them with my sword!" Or for modern equivalents, shelling an entrenched position to stop them coming out and killling you.

I play a build with zero CC breaks and don't have a problem with CC most of the time. The only times I go down without a fight are the ones where I'm stunned from 100-0 (which isn't too often) or the ones where they're immune to my CC and they just roll over the top of me. Even then I'll get a few abilities off. I spend more time watching the respawn timer than being CCed. People just love to whine because they can't kill someone unhindered; it's the same reason people complain about healing.

You've got so many holes, I'm not sure I could fill them with a dozen cement trucks. I'm too tired to point out your flaws, but I'm sure if you think about it, you'll realize your mistakes.

lol................. Thanks for the laugh.

Not once did I say I had problem with CC, in fact I do play classes with CC.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-05-2011 at 06:28 PM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post

What a terrible analogy.

CC is just like tackling or blocking in football. You tie up the other player in some manner to prevent them influencing the play.

Straight up CC is pvp. Otherwise its just a giant DPS v HPS test.

Only bads that suck at strategy don't like CC. Which is pretty much 90% of the people playing because the majority of the people playing this game suck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast