+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Situation of the whole PvP community

Default Situation of the whole PvP community

Since the game officially started, I have been a guild master of a PvP guild on Imperium shard. At first, of course, there were a lot of people joining and leaving, which makes sense as the game was very new. Now after two months have passed, there are very few members, only the most dedicated ones, or the ones with 3 month subscription.
    So what happened is that PvP players started to leave the game. They tried to reason it:
    - There is nothing else to do when you reach rank 6
    - It is just a big grind to rank 6, nothing else
    - PvE gear over PvP gear
    - Balance issues, mostly Pyromancer

However, the most common answer appeared to be just the lack of content on a PvP side. You know, I tried making raids and stomping Stilmoor camps, but the less people there were, the more obvious it became that soon there will be nothing to stomp. PvPers are either gone or alone sitting in the capital queuing for warfronts, PvErs yell at you that you're an idiot ganker and teleport somewhere else or quit game until we are gone.
    Warfront queues are more than ridiculous, they themselves ask to make the battlegroup bigger, including the issue with premades, that you might be fighting them over and over again.

In addition, if Trion thinks that this a PvE game and no attention should go to PvPers, they might be wrong. PvPers still have their community and losing numbers of people would also have influence on PvE side. I know that a lot of PvPers do PvE, and while already looking for group takes quite a while, it might get impossible later on.

To conclude, I guess, all I would be asking Trion is to show some signs of life. 1.2 is taking too long. Yes, it has changes to PvP and it is pretty good, however, like I said main issue is the lack of end PvP content. Merging shards would be fantastic since the populations got too low, but from my experience, what people are mostly hung on to is some sort of rating system: arenas, rated warfronts - whatever. All I guess we need now is some sort of message, that SOMETHING is coming before it is too late and we're all gone.
    Last edited by Murrdoc; 05-04-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Sword of Telara

right, pyro's again.

you not hear anyone about warriors kill me in 2 blows, or have immunity to magic.
    warriors, rogues, clerics, mages are OP to one a other. face this fact and you will become better.

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    right, pyro's again.

you not hear anyone about warriors kill me in 2 blows, or have immunity to magic.
    warriors, rogues, clerics, mages are OP to one a other. face this fact and you will become better.
    1) about pyromancers - that's what people say who leave the game
    2) the post in not about that
    3) if warriors kills you in 2 blows you're either level 2 or bad
    Last edited by Murrdoc; 05-05-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Shadowlander

Endgame pvp is just getting boring. It has pretty much turned into premade vs pug situation in which both sides are finding repetitive and dull.A lot of rank 6 players have quit hitting warfronts after getting there gear due to either getting burnt out on the grind or lack of challenge. A ranked pvp system either arena or ranked warfronts will be a welcome change. As will an expansion of the battle gr groups.
    inclusion of a random warfronts option in which Can only be joined solo and compete against Other players who joined solo will also help breath some life into the warfronts.

Here are some ideas that will help pvp overall:

Warfronts:
    ----------------------------
    1) Give losers a damage/hp/healing/mitigation buff on their next warfront (stackable x 5)
    2) Open up more shards. PuG vs. Premade is just killing the warfronts
    - I almost always lose when I pug
    - I almost always win when I premade

The queueing algorithm is there. The problem is there just isn't enough people queueing. That's why everyone fights the same people over and over again. Hartman boosted a function based backend .... now prove it.

3) Make whitefall steepes 50% smaller and remove mounts. It's CTF.
    4) Make the redball a 40% damage increase and not 100% ap/sp.

World PVP.
    -----------------------------------------------
    1) Add 6 towers randomly scattered across the map. These towers can be used as guild housing, attackable any time. Allow purchasable recall scrolls to the towers and allow flight paths to it.

2) On pvp server capturing the wardstone will flip the faction of the camp.

3) Add pvp objectives around the world.

For example:

- holding a mine will give your guild x gold per hour
    - holding a factory will give x favor every hour

It does not have to be a lot.

Class Balance
    ------------------------------------------

1) Magic need to be MITIGATED. The MITIGATION needs to scale with gear. Armor should offer a percentage of magical mitigation (even a tiny amount).

2) No shot abilities. This is just a stupid mechanic in any game. It's not fun.
    Last edited by Vaine; 05-05-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Murrdoc View Post
    However, the most common answer appeared to be just the lack of content on a PvP side. You know, I tried making raids and stomping Stilmoor camps, but the less people there were, the more obvious it became that soon there will be nothing to stomp. PvPers are either gone or alone sitting in the capital queuing for warfronts, PvErs yell at you that you're an idiot ganker and teleport somewhere else or quit game until we are gone.
    Warfront queues are more than ridiculous, they themselves ask to make the battlegroup bigger, including the issue with premades, that you might be fighting them over and over again.
    I'm actually shocked to know that there is a pvp guild that owns a pvp server.

Every guild on my server is pve, partially because there is completely no difference in a pvp server than a pve server so they treat it as a pve server too.

Feels like some would rather the game suffer than try to do something for pvp.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-05-2011 at 01:27 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread