+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 30 second immunity is stupid

Plane Touched

Default 30 second immunity is stupid

Really?? You create every class with a ton a CC, so you're pretty much guaranteeing all melee specs free reign. THIS? This is how you fix Pvp? color me Guild Wars 2. This is a terrible idea and your game will suffer.

they just follow what warhammer do. next all cc break on dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolotomasi View Post
    next all cc break on dmg.
    I would have no problem with this.

I DO have a problem with tons of abilities becomes useless simply because...TRION made tons of these kinds of abilities available to each person and therefore already spam tons of IMMUNE effects. This 30 seconds immunity crap will ruin this game.

Not to mention the fact that almost all CC allows you to still do SOMETHING even if it isn't the use of all of your abilities. It's not like you don't have any control over your character.

If someone is rooted, they can still attack/cast.
    If someone is snared, they can still attack/cast.
    If someone is disarmed/silenced, then can still run til it wears off (or many can simply cast/attack instead)
    If someone is stunned/feared, they can't do anything...so make them use their CC break or make these of a shorter duration so it doesn't ruin gameplay.

Also, make almost all of the roots/stuns/fears breakable on damage unless really high in a CC tree (like Dominator).

Another ingenious idea: why not just remove 1/2 the CC available to the classes? The best burst class in the game has AOE stun, snared, Single target stun, Single target disarm, 8-second unbreakable root...why not just get rid of most of these (did I mentioned they have complete CC immunity, har har).

tldr; The solution to the spamming of CC is to reduce the amount of CC, no immunities.
    Last edited by wfsaxton; 05-04-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Corky - P8 Mage
    Kim - P5 Rogue
    Billy - P4 Cleric

Server: Seastone, Guild: Hot Shots

It's not 30 seconds of immunity. Not even close.
    1st cc starts a 30 second timer. 4-8 seconds of that the cc works normally depending on the spell duration. After that, a cc from the same group will have half the effect 2-4 seconds. After that the player will be immune to the same type of cc until the initial 30 sec timer runs out. Which is likely 15-10 seconds of immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    It's not 30 seconds of immunity. Not even close.
    1st cc starts a 30 second timer. 4-8 seconds of that the cc works normally depending on the spell duration. After that, a cc from the same group will have half the effect 2-4 seconds. After that the player will be immune to the same type of cc until the initial 30 sec timer runs out. Which is likely 15-10 seconds of immunity.
    Unless what I see in WF's all the time, I am stunned by a charge from a warrior, before that one is even done; I am silenced by a mage (at half duration) and then stunned again by a rogue (which does nothing) all within 3 seconds. The Warrior charge wears off and I have about 25 seconds of no CC's.

According to Trion, there are two categories; Roots and Snares (including push-back) are one, the other is Stuns, Squirrels, Silences, and any other CC abilities that prevent a player from acting.
    Last edited by Delphya; 05-04-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    Unless what I see in WF's all the time, I am stunned by a charge from a warrior, before that one is even done; I am silenced by a mage (at half duration) and then stunned again by a rogue (which does nothing) all within 3 seconds. The Warrior charge wears off and I have about 25 seconds of no CC's.

According to Trion, there are two categories; Roots and Snares (including push-back) are one, the other is Stuns, Squirrels, Silences, and any other CC abilities that prevent a player from acting.
    I'm not sure what you are saying here. You realize the topic in question with the 2 groups of cc is not yet on live servers correct?

i'm of the opinion that only fear,squirrel,mez and stun need to be in group immunity. these cc completely make you lose control of your char.

other should have their own DR.
    Last edited by Rolotomasi; 05-04-2011 at 09:00 PM.

There have been numerous threads on the matter. The most prominent being the one on the PTS subforum and I recommend all check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by yewkon View Post
    Really?? You create every class with a ton a CC, so you're pretty much guaranteeing all melee specs free reign. THIS? This is how you fix Pvp? color me Guild Wars 2. This is a terrible idea and your game will suffer.
    I agree the immuity is stupid. Plenty of people have posted tons of better ways to handle this on the forums.

I disagree about the Melee spec free reign. Quiet the opposite really. Most classes have some sort of speed teleport etc for a get a way mechanic. Without tanks ability to keep someone snared or rooted it cen be difficult to keep someone in melee range as is. Now keeping people snared will be impossible because you will see IMMUNE pop up all the time making it EASIER to kite warriors.

aux

All passive immunities are stupid, imho. Active anti-CC would be better.

But I guess they would rather piss off every CC player, than every macro spamming monkey warrior, because the latter greatly outnumber the former.
    I'm so BORED

except that having a no cooldown snare that you can spam isnt skill either, and warriors have leaned on it real hard to do all their work for them. considering warriors have their own teleport mechanic that stuns means you have less of a leg to stand on. Throw in pulls and the whole spammable no DR snare leads to abuse by unskilled players, i mean you dont want to lose your burst so its only fair you lose some control.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

Quote Originally Posted by snekadid View Post
    except that having a no cooldown snare that you can spam isnt skill either, and warriors have leaned on it real hard to do all their work for them. considering warriors have their own teleport mechanic that stuns means you have less of a leg to stand on. Throw in pulls and the whole spammable no DR snare leads to abuse by unskilled players, i mean you dont want to lose your burst so its only fair you lose some control.
    You missed the point.

The point was is no way defending any aspect of any ability a warrior had. It was simple to state that in no way do they changes allow mellee classes (Rogues Wars) an advantage which is what the original OP stated.

Pulls do proc immunities after being used on the same player and so do Snares. My pin down never works the second time on a player due to immunity as is.

So again it will be much harder to stick with targets for warriors. Not impossible. And they will in no way have "Free reign"
    Last edited by Bahatsu; 05-05-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying here. You realize the topic in question with the 2 groups of cc is not yet on live servers correct?
    I also test on the Alpha server to give my feedback to devs as well.

I don't see them changing it since it is supposed to go live next week I think.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Sorry man but you should never be able to be stunned, feared, disarmed, squirreled, or rooted twice in the same fight. Diminishing returns or not.

The CC was way too much and needed to be fixed, period. Let's see how it plays out before getting all up in arms....because the current system SUCKS.

Looks like they adjusted it to 24 seconds now. Hopefully it remains at that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast