+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clerics are stupidly hard to kill.

Plane Touched

Default Clerics are stupidly hard to kill.

its just plaine stupid ... making a healing class so hard to kill ... now people are beginning to realise this more and more players are starting to play the "idestructable cleric build" its take all the fun out of pvp i play as a marksman rogue .. and play my pedestal and spend a good 5 mins shooting at one cleric , never once to i take him to 70% health and also he never runs out of mana ... if this is a taste of trions idea for fair pvp .. then i cant seem many people staying and playing it much longer ...

i mean seriously it gets boring using all ur cooldowns to try killa cleric only for him to be jumping up and down like a headless chick spamming /rofl emotes at you while your dmg merely bounces off him ...

clerics need looking into and i mean now. or... give every soul the ability to be indestructable to make it fair play.
    Last edited by furyior; 05-04-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Plane Touched

Clerics will be stupid easy to kill next patch (in just a few days)

purge the mess out of em, & call in the Pyro to finish em off.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post
    Clerics will be stupid easy to kill next patch (in just a few days)

purge the mess out of em, & call in the Pyro to finish em off.
    if you think they are going to be easier to kill, you are mistaken.

increase 20%DR from valor gear. lost 15% DR from BotM. 30 second immunity to cc. all this equates to more time healing and less damage taken. There will be less reason to go high in the templar tree due to the nerf to ethereal shell, so people will now have either better heals, or better mitigation.

pyros are easily healed through as a cleric. need much more than 'a' pyro to kill a cleric. 1v1 pyro will always lose.. assuming rank 5/6s

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    pyros are easily healed through as a cleric. need much more than 'a' pyro to kill a cleric. 1v1 pyro will always lose.. assuming rank 5/6s
    this is exactly the ******** that needs to be fixed .... clerics shouldnt be able to withstand a full out attack from a group of players (average around 6 players) and a clerics and still outheal the dmg without even breaking a sweat ... whats really annoying and i cannot stress this point enough .. is how clerics can outheal 6 peoples dps .. yet will find plenty of time to dps players themselves...

i wouldent normally care but fact is if there is a clerics nearby ... then the player you are currently fighting is going to be 10 times harder to kill than if it was a 1 on 1 ...

guess what im trying to say is .. clerics heals needs a penalty for selfhealing too many time maybe a debuff that increases dmg taken ... as it stands now a cleric can quite happily heal all day without dying enless they are extremely bad at healing.

for some reason i cant see the the marksmanbuff being anywhere near enough to outdmg a clerics heals either.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by furyior View Post
    this is exactly the ******** that needs to be fixed .... clerics shouldnt be able to withstand a full out attack from a group of players (average around 6 players) and a clerics and still outheal the dmg without even breaking a sweat ... whats really annoying and i cannot stress this point enough .. is how clerics can outheal 6 peoples dps .. yet will find plenty of time to dps players themselves...

i wouldent normally care but fact is if there is a clerics nearby ... then the player you are currently fighting is going to be 10 times harder to kill than if it was a 1 on 1 ...

guess what im trying to say is .. clerics heals needs a penalty for selfhealing too many time maybe a debuff that increases dmg taken ... as it stands now a cleric can quite happily heal all day without dying enless they are extremely bad at healing.

for some reason i cant see the the marksmanbuff being anywhere near enough to outdmg a clerics heals either.
    just because i disagreed with clerics being less powerful in 1.2, does not mean i agree with you :P

yes a cleric can take a beating. they spec that way. we give up 2 souls in order to be able to heal effectively in a warfront. we must take templar, and put 20 points into it, and we must take justicar and put 20 points into it. that leaves us with 26 points for our healing tree.

these are the unkillable clerics u are running into. alot of it has to do with players wearing pve gear as well, as it is far superior to the pvp gear you can purchase from vendors.

if you reduce a clerics ability to heal on the battlefield, everyone will just die when you beat on them. there will be no point in healing at all. i know you do not play a cleric by your tone, because you do not know what its like to be the number 1 target the moment you step off the rez pad. you are feared, silenced, stunned, snared, rooted, then the cycle starts all over. believe me, we are sweating, trying to stay alive and keep our teamates alive. our heals are strong because if they were not, everyone would keel over at the slightest sneeze.

healing clerics don't dps. they use knockbacks and waterjet. you are thinking of 1v1 situations, where the cleric can stand there and heal themselves until the wf ends, or waterjet you to death, assuming you have no heals, if you do, he isnt going to kill u:P

Plane Touched

reread op to give you some advice...

check your debuffs, you are probably detaunted. which means the cleric if rank 5/6 is taking maybe 10% damage from you for 15 seconds.

as a mm, your strength is your speed, you should be picking off targets that are out of los from the healer, and pestering from the outside.

mm's are getting a buff in 1.2, so give it some time.

there are many specs that rogues can go to decimate a healer, or be super effective at fang carrying/flag capping/stone running.

i believe 51 nightblade/15 infiltrator is the healer killer
    the other is riftstalker, to get defer death, not sure of the point distribution tho.
    try out some new builds, and you may find your pvp experience improve.

Plane Touched

Being detaunted will not stop & MM from purging. A cleric without their buffs is weaksauce & if you can't kill that, Idk what to say.

Plane Touched

mm's are getting purge with no cd in 1.2 right? what do you have currently. depends on the spec tho. 51 warden 15 temp will have no buffs that other players did not put on him. the justicar type will lose some self healing on damage but...

the clerics that fall apart without buffs are shamicars / inquisicars

healing clerics for the most part are not going to be effected by purge

Champion of Telara

You should stop beating on someone pointlessly long before 5 mins. You need to look at buffs and realize whats going on/ why you cant kill the person.

If its a justicar with backup heals you should try to kill another healer first. If its a healing cleric with a CD up switch targets to another healer or someone else until the CD is up then you can switch back. If the reason isnt mitigation and its just a lot of healing you can try switching to another healer. Sometimes when you switch to the healer healing the **** out of the first healer you accomplish more because your original target wont return the favor.

Other times your team might just be much worse than the team you are facing and you wont be able to do anything. They probably have too many healers and you dont have good enough dps to focus or whatever and kill them.

Some things that can help you are the 2 heal debuffs you can get as a MM, the silence out of stealth and noise canceling coating. You have to be carefull about the silence though because of Ethereal shell. You might be better off with a dark malady if you are speced that way.

Sometimes clerics are going to be too hard to kill and you are better off trying to kill softer targets and only go after them once youve killed everything else. Seems backwards, but thats the way it is.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    You should stop beating on someone pointlessly long before 5 mins. You need to look at buffs and realize whats going on/ why you cant kill the person.

If its a justicar with backup heals you should try to kill another healer first. If its a healing cleric with a CD up switch targets to another healer or someone else until the CD is up then you can switch back. If the reason isnt mitigation and its just a lot of healing you can try switching to another healer. Sometimes when you switch to the healer healing the **** out of the first healer you accomplish more because your original target wont return the favor.

Other times your team might just be much worse than the team you are facing and you wont be able to do anything. They probably have too many healers and you dont have good enough dps to focus or whatever and kill them.

Some things that can help you are the 2 heal debuffs you can get as a MM, the silence out of stealth and noise canceling coating. You have to be carefull about the silence though because of Ethereal shell. You might be better off with a dark malady if you are speced that way.

Sometimes clerics are going to be too hard to kill and you are better off trying to kill softer targets and only go after them once youve killed everything else. Seems backwards, but thats the way it is.
    i would not recommend silencing rank 5 clerics. as you will put their dr over the top, especially if they are justicar. this is being nerfed a good deal in 1.2, but still made up for by increased dr for valor.

honestly mm's rarely give me an issue, some well played ones will, but the vast majority do not. the 51 nightblade 15 infiltrator on the other hand, scares me. stunned, healing debuffs, anathema, nasty stuff.

Champion of Telara

i would not recommend silencing rank 5 clerics. as you will put their dr over the top, especially if they are justicar. this is being nerfed a good deal in 1.2, but still made up for by increased dr for valor.

honestly mm's rarely give me an issue, some well played ones will, but the vast majority do not. the 51 nightblade 15 infiltrator on the other hand, scares me. stunned, healing debuffs, anathema, nasty stuff.
    Yeah it all depends. If someone is rank 5 you have usually seen them before and know what spec they run. If I think they are running ethereal shell I would use dark malady instead of smother if my intent was to try and kill that cleric. Sometimes I will silence them see the ethereal shell buff and switch targets. At least they wont be healing anyone else with the silence.

I have much more killing power on my 51NB than I do on my MM/NB, but it relies on CDs. MM/NB can kill healers much easier than people give them credit for. They might not be great against full defensive spec clerics, but not much is. I would pick off one of the softer healers and then go for the defensive cleric.

Rift Chaser

was the cleric from shivermere called Quagmire? ^^

Plane Walker

You know what's wrong and why you can't kill the bad cleric OP? Let me add the most probable causes:
    1. Cleric is rank 5 or 6 and you're rank 1 or 2. His valor and thus mitigation is a lot higher than yours
    2. You're using a pure dps build instead of a healing killing build. No heal debuffs, no purges, no mana drains
    3. You're focusing on the semi-tanking cleric while you should be focusing on the squishier targets around him. Kill the low ranks first, then focus on taking that high rank cleric
    4. You're undergeared. I can practically ignore all pyros that are not raid equipped now that I have almost full T2 PvP set. Same goes for most melee fighters.

One properly geared and specced rogue can kill me in 30 secs, despite my "unkillable" build. Two can do it in 10 or less. When you're asking for an easy way to kill a raid equivalent geared and defence specced cleric, while being undergeared and badly specced yourself, how will the cleric game when you catch up in gear and learn to properly spec for your intended targets?
    Last edited by Xasapis; 05-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.

aux

So, after 5 minutes you finally figure out that you should change tactics. That's right, the forum nerfcall tactic!
    I'm so BORED

reread op to give you some advice...

check your debuffs, you are probably detaunted. which means the cleric if rank 5/6 is taking maybe 10% damage from you for 15 seconds.

as a mm, your strength is your speed, you should be picking off targets that are out of los from the healer, and pestering from the outside.

mm's are getting a buff in 1.2, so give it some time.

there are many specs that rogues can go to decimate a healer, or be super effective at fang carrying/flag capping/stone running.

i believe 51 nightblade/15 infiltrator is the healer killer
    the other is riftstalker, to get defer death, not sure of the point distribution tho.
    try out some new builds, and you may find your pvp experience improve.
    The healer killer would be 32 Sin 34 NB (with 0 BD which is good vs melee/overall), which is in general the strongest (imo) rogue melee build vs healers/hybrids that heals, while also being able to deal with the other options.
    Last edited by Ayronamic; 05-05-2011 at 12:42 AM.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast