+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just to let ya know there is more Mages then Pyro!

Plane Touched

Default Just to let ya know there is more Mages then Pyro!

I'm glad balancing is being looked into for the Pyro, but what about every other mage that just plain sucks compaired to them right now.

GoS gives 30% absorb(20% patch suppousingly) and CC immunity pls they have flicker as a break.

Cloro, Warlock, and Necro get zero absorb besides their uber cloth armor

Cloro and Necro don't even get an armor spell, Cloro gets 1 BUFF, Necro gets ZERO

Most mages have less absorb CC and dmg then Clerics, FACT! and at this point Trion just seems to wanna leave mad classes unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellknight View Post

Cloro and Necro don't even get an armor spell, Cloro gets 1 BUFF, Necro gets ZERO
    While I appreciate your intention, Chloromancer does get an absorb in the form of Living Shell. Also, while we may not get an "Armor" buff in our tree, we can easily have Warlock Armor or the multiude of Archon buffs with any variation of the two most popular builds.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Soulwalker

Not to mention they are supposed to be the squishies in the game... no?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    While I appreciate your intention, Chloromancer does get an absorb in the form of Living Shell. Also, while we may not get an "Armor" buff in our tree, we can easily have Warlock Armor or the multiude of Archon buffs with any variation of the two most popular builds.
    you realise living shell has a 2 min cooldown and at max lvl absorbs 800 dmg lmfao thats less then 1 shot

Squishy sure but 1 shotted and die every CC effect because you have ZERO absorb, to have LESS DMG and HEALING then any cleric dps lol is a joke not a class.

If the only mages your worried about is a Pyro's it shows a problem right there.

you realise living shell has a 2 min cooldown and at max lvl absorbs 800 dmg lmfao thats less then 1 shot

Squishy sure but 1 shotted and die every CC effect because you have ZERO absorb, to have LESS DMG and HEALING then any cleric dps lol is a joke not a class.
    Yes, Living Shell is a two minute cool down, this I know. It's still an absorb, better than none.

Are you specced into archmage and using detaunt? Are you specced into warlock and using it's wide array of survival tools?

I'm not saying Chloromancer's survivability isn't lacking in 50 PVP, but it's far from unplayable.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Have you ever fought a Pyro as a Chlor/Lock? If the Pyro does not have a healer and both have all their CDs available, the Chlor/Lock should win...give or take how the stuns proc. With the removal of the stun proc, the reduction in damage mitigation GoS provides as well as the reduction in damage the Pyro does - the Chlor/Lock should easily win that same battle.

Have you ever fought a Pyro as a Nec/Lock?

Heck, if not for the stun proc - a Stormcaller can easily kill a Pyro before they get the 100 charge for a Fulm.

Sure, 999 times out 1000 the Dom/Nec (Consumption) is probably going to be hitting the Respawn button... Archon? Toast. Etc, etc, etc.

It is PvP, it is not like there are really a ton of viable options for the other Callings - Mage is no different.

Heh, once I tried out my Elem/Chlor build in PvP out of boredom (had been soloing lower level instances, something I found impossible with Nec - but easy as Hell with Elem). For the most part, yeah - it went pretty bad. Sad thing was, I did most of the healing in that particular pug...

Sez

Chloro / cloro

Guardian / gaurdian

Rogue / rouge

Things that should be fixed.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion of Telara

While I appreciate your intention, Chloromancer does get an absorb in the form of Living Shell.
    An pre 1.1 patch I would use that shell right before getting two hit and it stopped exactly nothing.

The shell really absorbs less than like the lowest leveled warding pot, mitigation where you take % less damage over time is way more effective..
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Have you ever fought a Pyro as a Chlor/Lock? If the Pyro does not have a healer and both have all their CDs available, the Chlor/Lock should win...give or take how the stuns proc. With the removal of the stun proc, the reduction in damage mitigation GoS provides as well as the reduction in damage the Pyro does - the Chlor/Lock should easily win that same battle.

Have you ever fought a Pyro as a Nec/Lock?

Heck, if not for the stun proc - a Stormcaller can easily kill a Pyro before they get the 100 charge for a Fulm.

Sure, 999 times out 1000 the Dom/Nec (Consumption) is probably going to be hitting the Respawn button... Archon? Toast. Etc, etc, etc.

It is PvP, it is not like there are really a ton of viable options for the other Callings - Mage is no different.

Heh, once I tried out my Elem/Chlor build in PvP out of boredom (had been soloing lower level instances, something I found impossible with Nec - but easy as Hell with Elem). For the most part, yeah - it went pretty bad. Sad thing was, I did most of the healing in that particular pug...
    Stormcaller can kill a pyro lol where, one heatwave and stormcaller is dead in seconds I can't even remember the last time I saw a stormcaller. You obviously fought a no rank or low rank pyro cuz a rank 3 pyro can get 75% absorb going in GoS and there is no stormcaller beating that. He can flashfire the stormcaller and end him 3 seconds lol.

Plane Touched

Yes, Living Shell is a two minute cool down, this I know. It's still an absorb, better than none.

Are you specced into archmage and using detaunt? Are you specced into warlock and using it's wide array of survival tools?

I'm not saying Chloromancer's survivability isn't lacking in 50 PVP, but it's far from unplayable.
    No it's great in 1v1 but try healing in a WF with it and your down in seconds, I should except this vs cleric healers that can survive focus fire?

Necro and Cloro should just be the only casters in the game without an armor buff of any kind seriously.
    Last edited by Fellknight; 05-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.

aux

Trion knows that people still play other mages, and is currently in the process of nerfhammering them even harder.
    Back to Pyro, you bastards.
    I'm so BORED

Champion of Telara

I'm glad balancing is being looked into for the Pyro, but what about every other mage that just plain sucks compaired to them right now.

GoS gives 30% absorb(20% patch suppousingly) and CC immunity pls they have flicker as a break.

Most mages have less absorb CC and dmg then Clerics, FACT! and at this point Trion just seems to wanna leave mad classes unplayable.
    Please, I have a mage and I don't know what you are talking about.

Chloro/Necro is near impossible for anyone to kill 1 vs 1. I've killed 2 and 3 people at a time with the spec if they don't have great DPS.

Same for Chloro/Lock. Great survivability.

And both group heal as they do damage, and you can actually spot heal your group as needed. With necro and life shift, you can heal your group even more. You aren't a main healer, but you have DPS, high survivability and you have some group support. See a 1vs1 happening with one of your teammates carrying a stone, you heal up the teammate and the other guy is toast just like that. etc.

These specs can be even more powerful than pyro in the right situations(small groups).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    Please, I have a mage and I don't know what you are talking about.

Chloro/Necro is near impossible for anyone to kill 1 vs 1. I've killed 2 and 3 people at a time with the spec if they don't have great DPS.

Same for Chloro/Lock. Great survivability.

And both group heal as they do damage, and you can actually spot heal your group as needed. With necro and life shift, you can heal your group even more. You aren't a main healer, but you have DPS, high survivability and you have some group support. See a 1vs1 happening with one of your teammates carrying a stone, you heal up the teammate and the other guy is toast just like that. etc.

These specs can be even more powerful than pyro in the right situations(small groups).
    pre-50 see what it's like post 50 no absorb, ya cant heal when your silence/stuned and see how long you last with 2 rank 6 melees and no absorb, I'll tell you under 3 secs. Pre 50 you rock tho true.

Rift Disciple

Pyro's are far and fiew between on my server. They are a glass cannon with 1 skill..GoS, not even counting flicker, who cares. I have yet to have a Pyro flicker out of a GoS and I miss my stun on him. Pyro's generally dont even make the top 5 in overalldmg/kb's on Ashtone. A Turret class, without a healer is dead in seconds 1 vs 1...yes seconds, that means self buffed and alone.

Pyro/X/X VS 5 Melee War/Nec/AM VS 5 Melee I guarantee you the War/Nec/AM build will survive longer then the Pyro, and do more dmg. I'm honestly not sure why mages still go with Pyro, generally from what I've seen, its usually just the new mages.

Alysinchains <Rank 4>
    50 Mage
    Ashtone

Champion of Telara

pre-50 see what it's like post 50 no absorb, ya cant heal when your silence/stuned and see how long you last with 2 rank 6 melees and no absorb, I'll tell you under 3 secs. Pre 50 you rock tho true.
    I am 50. The only decline is when you first hit level 50 because you are undergeared which is to be expected.

Also, with warlock you get a huge damage debuff, 80% debuff for 7 seconds, AND shadow life, which personally takes me to about 8800 health and heals me for about 4k. This can be cast while under CC.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-04-2011 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast