+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP World of Mana Craft

Default PvP World of Mana Craft

I have pug pvp'd a defiant warrior on Firesand to almost T3. Itís been a fairly even win/lose except for Port Scion which seems to be almost permanently farmed by whitefall premadeís to the point where I donít play it anymore. Anyway, back to the subject of the post.

Comparison:

Devouring Shadows lvl 18 Warlock 221 damage over 6 secs to all in aoe = 36.8 per tick. No idea what itís like at lvl 50.

Rift Storm, top of warrior Rift Blade tree (@ lvl 50), 10 enemies over 10 secs for 341 damage (+% from points in Riftblade that brings it closer to an optimistic 500) = 50 per tick inc % boost.

Iím not theory crafter but thatís mental from a mage perspective ! Its abysmal from a warrior DPS tree perspective! Itís no wonder I feel like Iím tickling all the mages and clerics with my little storm.

Trion, what is it that a warrior is good for in pvp (without a pocket healer).

Trion probably wonít answer this so I'm looking to this community for perspective.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Logi View Post
    Comparison:

Devouring Shadows lvl 18 Warlock 221 damage over 6 secs to all in aoe = 36.8 per tick. No idea what itís like at lvl 50.

Rift Storm, top of warrior Rift Blade tree (@ lvl 50), 10 enemies over 10 secs for 341 damage (+% from points in Riftblade that brings it closer to an optimistic 500) = 50 per tick inc % boost.

Iím not theory crafter
    First off, that is a TERRIBLE comparison.

Next, Mages don't get auto-attack.

Third, thats a TERRIBLE comparison.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I have pug pvp'd a defiant warrior on Firesand to almost T3. Itís been a fairly even win/lose except for Port Scion which seems to be almost permanently farmed by whitefall premadeís to the point where I donít play it anymore. Anyway, back to the subject of the post.

Comparison:

Iím not theory crafter but thatís mental from a mage perspective ! Its abysmal from a warrior DPS tree perspective! Itís no wonder I feel like Iím tickling all the mages and clerics with my little storm.

Trion probably wonít answer this so I'm looking to this community for perspective.
    At 50 (900 sp) Devouring Shadows can crit for about 800 per tic (550 base hit), which occur every 1.5 seconds appart, and the spell is channeld aka interruptable, the mage cannot move or cast other abilities.

Rift Storm is a "buff" that you cast on you that deals damage while you are doing other things like moving and/or attacking.

Comparing things that are not comparable is fun.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Comparison:

If you are not seeing the inherent benefits of being a warrior on the battlefield, you might need to look first at your build, and secondly at your healers. Your build is the main thing though, there are warriors running around that you Know what they are good for, as they stick to you while being unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    First off, that is a TERRIBLE comparison.

Next, Mages don't get auto-attack.

Third, thats a TERRIBLE comparison.
    Lol auto attack
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Mad warrior should just break the keyboard and leave.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    Lol auto attack
    The creamy filling of my logic sandwich should not be taken as substance, however, if you want to talk about the numbers, I bet you would notice a severe drop in damage (PvP or PvE) if you only counted yellow damage.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

This mad warrior has considered breaking his keyboard and leaving lol thanks, I will take that under advisement.

ok so maybe wasnít a genius comparison but still . . .

If I have a healer behind me its luck. Im a solo player mostly.

I have played all the warrior souls and found that the only way to stay alive long enough is to have an impact on the enemy is to have a tank soul in the build. I play Riftblade Paladin mostly.

Warriors are only unkillable if, IF, they have heavy heals behind them. It is another chr, probably a cleric, that allows them this - like a hand in a glove puppet or an inflatable bouncy castle. It has little to do, as far as I know, with anything to do with the warrior. If you sent the warrior, as a champ or a paragon main soul, out there without that hand . . splat. And splat far faster than an equal geard mage or cleric. All in my experience of course, I can't speak for anyone else.

Am playing a mage alt, obviously, at the moment. Its far faster on the kill and it dies far less often and it can kill at range. The WFs I have played, it tops kills and damage done. This is something I have never achieved with my warrior.

Soulwalker

I'll be honest with you on this one - playing a warrior in pvp @ 50 is like fighting as level 75 in an 80 bg in WoW. You may kill something here and there, but it won't be a healer and just about anything around you will kill you quickly unless you're spam healed.

Actually, here's a better example of solo queueing as a warrior. Imagine yourself walking into a bar filled with much larger men. Now imagine you're holding a HUGE lubed up ***** and you go through and start slapping each of them on the face. You're more of a nuisance than anything and right afterwards you get your *** handed to you.

Edit: Forgot to mention - some of those men have guns and you may be able to get within 5 yards of them before they kill you on the spot.
    Last edited by Dosez; 05-04-2011 at 01:14 PM.
    CoD Expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    The creamy filling of my logic sandwich should not be taken as substance, however, if you want to talk about the numbers, I bet you would notice a severe drop in damage (PvP or PvE) if you only counted yellow damage.
    auto attack makes a contribution vs some static mob in pve, might add 5% damage or something vs that raid boss

its frikin non entity in pvp

"I say, would you awfully mind standing still there while i tickle you with my auto attack old chap"
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Prophet of Telara

Comparison:

My perspective at lvl 43 with a necro/lock spec pveing mobs same levels took about 1min at least even if I used aoe exclusively which wouldn't be that good it would take two cycles (as it does at lvl 50)
    My 44 warrior with 23 RB/20 champ/15 paragon I often two shot mobs with crits on same levels.

Warlock dots are very small duration. Many are instant casts and I can't use macro's like my warrior. If I have more than 4 on me and no dots up/no charge it's a struggle to survive usually death. With same amount and warrior (above build) I can survive it with damage and outlasting with pots/trinket.
    Then I have a tank build which while it's slower I can take on loads of mobs.

Admittedly the warrior dps spec has zero self heals and I do have to stop and drink (gain health) after 5 mobs. If I'm slowed when trying to group mobs together or can't LoS ranged mobs then I can die fast.

Thanks for all it input!

lol @ Dosez
    Actually, here's a better example of solo queueing as a warrior. Imagine yourself walking into a bar filled with much larger men. Now imagine you're holding a HUGE lubed up ***** and you go through and start slapping each of them on the face. You're more of a nuisance than anything and right afterwards you get your *** handed to you.
    /bow

PvE is pretty easy in this game, as far as I know, with any calling. My issue is with solo play equality in PvP.

The warrior is an awesome PvE calling where most of the incoming damage is physical. WF's most of the incomming damage is non-physical (appart from the crazy warriors who are determined to play hard mode and try to axe me to death).

Shadowlander

Forgive me if I am wrong; Rift pvp is balanced around lv50 and in groups. Not 1v1.

ROFL a warrior complaining about a mage and not even the same mechanics. Channelled abilities you can do nothing else, all CC's will stop the damage instantly.

You on about something you cast around yourself and run around hitting with other abilities while it does EXTRA damage to those in it.

If a spell appears from its description to deal more damage try dividing it by its cast time as a rough idea of whether your instant cast attack deals so much less than their big nuke on a 3+ sec cast

As I see it casters are getting the short end of the stick already with all the instant cast CC and damage abilities available to warriors and rogues compared to a clerics and mages who have casting times on most (interruptable) and also have power issues and mobility to contend with which melee dont have.

Melee even have items that can silence casters on top of the other CC abilities they get and all the chain stunning.

Casters are getting screwed over compared to melee already with all the stun locks where you get charged with a stun as they hit followed by another attack that stuns and your dead before the stun even wears off.

Before you start moaning about casters try playing one vs melee :P

Telaran

PvE is pretty easy in this game, as far as I know, with any calling. My issue is with solo play equality in PvP.

The warrior is an awesome PvE calling where most of the incoming damage is physical. WF's most of the incomming damage is non-physical (appart from the crazy warriors who are determined to play hard mode and try to axe me to death).
    Enlighten me if im wrong, but if you are mostly suffering from non-physical damage have you considered adding void knight and spending a few points there? Void knigh is the soul to counter non-physical damage right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast