+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stuck deciding between 2 classes for pvp.

Telaran

Default stuck deciding between 2 classes for pvp.

[I]Note: please dont mention pyro or any other mage class... i hate mages and dont care about fotm.

so im torn with what to play in PvP. I have a warrior at 50 and currently leveling a MM Rogue up. I have two main friends that i can run with a lot, one is a cleric that is always healing spec and the other is a melee rogue.

I love both styles of play, in your face 2h warrior and the ranged single target sniper style killer.

Since my rogue isnt 50 yet im not sure how he will fair overall, though i have seen some ranged rogues do very well. my style is: i dont care for sustained dps. im looking for HUGE burst and having to recover a bit after. Pretty much i want to target a person and drop them before anyone knows whats going on. Would the rogue or warrior be better for this?

thanks guys!

Rogue for sure man. I play MM/NB right now. SoD + Strafe into a Bull's Eye Hit and Run 5pt Deadeye Shot *phew* Hurts like hell.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Rogues are vastly underrated in pvp. I think they're trying to pull a pyro on us.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

As a healer, MM that blow their cooldowns make me sweat. However, that's only as long as it takes to detaunt them. MM damage in 1.1 is, and I may have just been facing terrible ones, pretty weak when you need it. However, Trion is keeping an eye on them and in 1.2 will be a crazy ranged debuffer in addition to the strong kiter that they currently are.

MM seems about playing smart, not brute forcing others down. If you like the "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" appeal of sniping then you won't find it here.

Champs, otoh, sound like what you're looking for. They (and really all non-tanky mdps) have some survival issues but their initial burst can rock your world. On a good crit string I've been killed before I have enough GCDs to Break Free, detaunt and begin turtling. Just expect to get blown the hell up if you extend past your healers or into a field of casters. They'll all freak out that you're even there, target you and blow you back to spawn. Played well, Champs a frightening force on the field.
    Last edited by exLupo; 05-04-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Well with warrior

There are no good builds that don't involve rb or vk.

You have more flexability with rogue, nb, mm, bard, rs (and soon assassin) are all usefull.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Play the class you favorite the most and if you still cant decide which is your favorite after you think REALLY hard about the class you will be playing with hours upon hours day after day. I cant decide between either they both have plenty of QQ out there and are gonna get some heavy buffs they are so smart when it comes to getting what they want.

Rogues are going to be rediculous ranged damage as MM after the patch. Like totally unescapable pain. On the other side of the coin...you have bard, which will be among the least viable soul in pvp.

Warrior is a classic mainstay, and is not going anywhere, there is always room on the battlefield for a guy with a gap closer, stun, into 4k damage.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-04-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

in 1.2 heal debuff is king once cc is no longer viable. it will be who have better dps and heal that win WF. warrior have access to do it be it either from crit proc or range with 30 sec cooldown.

i heard MM can strip buff with auto attack in 1.2 might be worth it.

+ Reply to Thread