+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP vendor items to enhance gameplay

Default PvP vendor items to enhance gameplay

I really think that RIFT is in need of some more consumable pvp items that you can purchase off the pvp vendors with favor.

I'd like to see something like the following
    pvp rage : +20% damage to players and 20% damage reduction from players for 10 seconds.
    pvp taser : deal 750-1000 damage to a player. stun target for 1 second. can not be mitigated, dodge,blocked, parried. once cast on a player they are immune to pvp taser for 10 seconds. use this to inturupt spells or spike someone down.

CC immune : immune to CC for 3-5 seconds. random duration

runspeed pot : +10% runspeed for 10seconds

mark target : marks a person with a glow type effect or arrow. only allowing the raid leader to mark
    targets is not acceptable. mages are too sneaky in large groups and do way too much aoe to be left un-touched. if i could mark targets this problem would easily go away.

magic shield : absorb 1500 magic damage. lasts 30 seconds
    damage shield : absorb 1500 physical damage. lasts 30 seconds
    decoy potion : increase armor by 2000 and resistances to all spells by 60 for 5 seconds. can not cast spells or use abilities. getting charged by a whole team of guardians? pop this potion hope your team can get to you in 5 seconds

Greed potion : increase gold and item drop rate % from players. lasts 1 hour. does not drop on death. this would solve the problems with pvping constantly in rift. you make absolutely no gold. you can not survive on pvp alone. i feel this is a huge problem because there are plenty of players in this position. They would like to pvp all day but still have enough money to use the porticulum... unacceptable.

sadly the way the warfronts are set up these items are necessary. running in pugs you need some type of way to help kill people and help survive. you can not rely on getting heals or support dps from other players. with these pvp items or something similar there would be alot less qqing. at least then a rogue could possibly drop a cleric with the 20% increased damage. These items would not be unlimited. they cost favor. you would have to be dedicated to pvping to get enough of them. something like 1 run in black garden lets you get 1-3 potions depending on which type. by adding items like this you can solve some of the class imbalance issues. everyone should have atleast 1 inturupt. this cleric heals spam is getting ridiculous and will only get worse from gear. clerics will be fullhealing players with 1 heal. Any soul should die in a 1v2 fight. this is not the case currently. Any player nomatter his gear should die in a 1v2 fight. i'm sorry but that should be the formula. it's called balance. you shouldn't be 1v4ing people as mage like they currently can. or 2v5ing people as warrior+cleric. Something is horribly wrong with your game mechanics. Adding pvp items like i mentioned will cover up the issues.
    Last edited by Anomolis; 05-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.

This sounds like an awesome idea but then again you would also be feeding pre-mades. Think if they organised it so that every member of the team had a few of these buffs, whats the chances of everyone on the PUG team having them?

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    Greed potion : increase gold and item drop rate % from players. lasts 1 hour. does not drop on death. this would solve the problems with pvping constantly in rift. you make absolutely no gold. you can not survive on pvp alone. i feel this is a huge problem because there are plenty of players in this position. They would like to pvp all day but still have enough money to use the porticulum... unacceptable.
    This only really applies below level 50 and if you purchase items other than the delicious Ironpine Melange. I make a slight profit most warfronts, even when factoring in the cost of the drinks I used.

Id be happy if I could bye heath pots with favor.can even make them use able in a wf so it dose not take away from crafters.
    Last edited by swiftynshifty; 05-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRogue View Post
    This sounds like an awesome idea but then again you would also be feeding pre-mades. Think if they organised it so that every member of the team had a few of these buffs, whats the chances of everyone on the PUG team having them?
    I agree. but most potinos would be on a shared cooldown of 1 minute or more. You couldn't really dominate with a premade anymore than you already do. i feel that these potions would actually help pugs take out premades because of the confusion and mix up that they cause. for example the decoy potion would be extremely useful and the mark target potion. anyone in the group can mark a target. anyone in the group can be a decoy for 5 seconds and distract the other team. if you get targeted by the premade group just click that potion and they will waste 5 seconds trying to kill you. they should switch targets then thus wasting more time trying to find the next suitable target.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftynshifty View Post
    Id be happy if I could bye heath pots with favor.
    not really. that already exists from apothecary. and apothecary already sux enough don't take that away from them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhunter View Post
    This only really applies below level 50 and if you purchase items other than the delicious Ironpine Melange. I make a slight profit most warfronts, even when factoring in the cost of the drinks I used.
    ya but wouldn't you like more gold? yes. what if you received 5gfor a loss and 10gfor a win. atleast then you can afford the teleport from meridian to stillmoor eventually.

Se my above edit.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftynshifty View Post
    Se my above edit.
    bah you should buy them off me from the AH

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post

runspeed pot : +10% runspeed for 10seconds
    Buy my insoles off the broker for +5% runspeed for a damn sight more than 10 seconds! hehe

I'd like to see pvp essences available rather than consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    I'd like to see pvp essences available rather than consumables.
    would be nice

+ Reply to Thread