+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Theft of Thought Mana Drain more OP Than Dom/Void Drains pre-nerf.

Rift Chaser

Default Theft of Thought Mana Drain more OP Than Dom/Void Drains pre-nerf.

Theft of Thought - A Finisher that deals weapon plus Physical damage and drains the enemy's Mana. Energy cost is reduced with more Combo Points. Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points.
    1 Point: 45 damage, 150 Mana
    2 Points: 74 damage, 300 Mana
    3 Points: 105 damage, 450 Mana
    4 Points: 119 damage, 600 Mana
    5 Points: 150 damage, 750 Mana

This is obscenely overpowered. Anything that grants combopoints at a faster than average pace makes this ability too powerful. One rogue can drain me dry very quickly, spamming cadence and whatnot. This mana-drain is far too powerful for rogues (even in their current states) to possess.

This ability either needs to have a cooldown of 20+ seconds, or the drain needs to be drastically reduced.

What tree is that in?
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

NVM, found it.

Rank 6 Infiltrator.

Far be it for me to argue that a rank 6 skill that drains mana is OP...that's ridiculous.

The rogues didn't want this cat out of the bag.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Ascendant

This was the way to bypass clerics exploiting Martyr and Etherial Shell. With one of those two gutted and the other basically removed ...this needs to be toned down and brought in line with the other mana drains.
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    This was the way to bypass clerics exploiting Martyr and Etherial Shell. With one of those two gutted and the other basically removed ...this needs to be toned down and brought in line with the other mana drains.
    150 damage, balanced.

'nuff said.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    150 damage, balanced.

'nuff said.
    Wrong ....and you obviously dont get the issue with it. You could increase the damage to 1000 base and it still wouldn't be grossly OP compared to the mana drain portion of it.
    Irony - Pathiss

Can't have rogues being able to do more than tickle healers now can we.

PLZ NERF TRION.

(Gear)

Wrong ....and you obviously dont get the issue with it. You could increase the damage to 1000 base and it still wouldn't be grossly OP compared to the mana drain portion of it.
    Then you factor in damage the target is doing (mage or cleric), heals, armor, mitigation, magic mitigation, and the armor and damage output of the rogue should he/she spec that tree, and you get.. balance.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

It takes a LOT more investment than other mana drains, and should rightfully be more powerful.

Soulwalker

Do you guys have a cleric? Have you ever even PLAYED a cleric? 750 mana is about 15% or more of my mana pool, and seeing as how 5 combo points is a ******ed easy thing to achieve...yeah. ****ing stupid. A rogue could eat your mana alive with this skill. And the huge nerfs to clerics that are coming and the fact that people realized healing reduction skills make most clerics like 80% worthless, yeah. I'll probably only pve on my cleric. All you people that cry about rogues not being able to touch a cleric, you're kinda just bad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    It takes a LOT more investment than other mana drains, and should rightfully be more powerful.

The same could have been said about the OP cleric spec that just got nerfed... a whole 20 points into templar instead of healing abilities.

Mana drains themselves in this game are inherently OP because of the absurdly slow regeneration rate. Unfortunately, this is something you have to take into consideration because it makes them, especially since they can be reapplied with no immunity or diminishing returns, one of the most effective forms of CC in the game. Sure they can run around.... but you cant do anything without mana as a cast/healer.
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentfire View Post
    Do you guys have a cleric? Have you ever even PLAYED a cleric? 750 mana is about 15% or more of my mana pool, and seeing as how 5 combo points is a ******ed easy thing to achieve...yeah. ****ing stupid. A rogue could eat your mana alive with this skill. And the huge nerfs to clerics that are coming and the fact that people realized healing reduction skills make most clerics like 80% worthless, yeah. I'll probably only pve on my cleric. All you people that cry about rogues not being able to touch a cleric, you're kinda just bad.
    Yeah, and be almost dead by the time we're ready to touch your HP bar.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentfire View Post
    Oh they do... and it goes extremely quick.

And yes, I agree with you about the bad rogues that complained about clerics when they didnt spec to shut them down.
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Yeah, and be almost dead by the time we're ready to touch your HP bar.
    Maybe a full dps cleric ...but dps clerics arent what win warfronts. Healing clerics do.

A healing cleric isnt going to be able to come close to remotely touching your HP bar in the few seconds it takes to drain all his/her mana.

Keep it in perspective.
    Irony - Pathiss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast