+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfronts Queues are Way too Long

Shadowlander

Exclamation Warfronts Queues are Way too Long

Title says it all. On briarcliff we routinely end up having to wait 20-30 min for any warfront to pop. This goes for single or group queuing, though group queuing does take a bit longer. I don't know if it's not enough guardians queuing up or something, but it's pretty disgusting. It's a waste of time and I really hope there's improvements in the pipeline.
    Custom PSU *****es! I'm running this thing off 500 potatoes. Suck it.

They'll get better when Trion is inevitably forced to merge servers due to low population on a ton of shards. Allies of the Ascended + 30 day trials still aren't enough to overcome summer. It's just the season, and the lack of things to do outside of Raids.

I sincerely hope it gets better.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    They'll get better when Trion is inevitably forced to merge servers due to low population on a ton of shards. Allies of the Ascended + 30 day trials still aren't enough to overcome summer. It's just the season, and the lack of things to do outside of Raids.

I sincerely hope it gets better.
    30 day trials of level 50 pve grinding to get to good pvp is not something I consider to give to a friend when i think of wanting him to come pvp with me at the level 50 range.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Soulwalker

This a MAJOR issue on our server as well. I play on Ashtone, and its a 30 minute wait to pvp... and sometimes thats not even for a fresh WF...30 minute wait, get in 1 minute lose, wait 30 more minutes...

This is becoming a big problem, since I love to pvp, and can not. I really hope this gets fixed soon. Instead of adding in wardrobes, and cute graphical changes, they should fix the serious problems with the game, merge low pop servers, make the pvp WF queue encompass more servers, or hell ALL SERVERS...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticist View Post
    This a MAJOR issue on our server as well. I play on Ashtone, and its a 30 minute wait to pvp... and sometimes thats not even for a fresh WF...30 minute wait, get in 1 minute lose, wait 30 more minutes...
    Seriously, it seems like there's only one warfront going on at a time for one type of warfront(hard to word), and for some odd reason sometimes we can't make it into that one warfront until its almost over if it was black garden even if we waited 15-20 mins.

I can confirm this.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.

Longer queues are good, that means there must be more world pvp going on.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Longer queues are good, that means there must be more world pvp going on.
    That means I am afking.

Just like the guy in the other que thread.
    TL;DR

They HAVE to start merging servers soon, or too many people are going to start quitting this game. Or allow server transfers or SOMETHING.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DrNasty View Post
    They HAVE to start merging servers soon, or too many people are going to start quitting this game. Or allow server transfers or SOMETHING.
    Noone even supports my starting at rank 1 thing.

Being able to create a pvp character that starts at rank 1 pvp on a new pvp server at any given time would probably help.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    TL;DR

My queues are instant. People who complain about long queues should have known the game would be heavy on the defiant side and rolled guardian. You have no right to complain when it was obvious everyone and their mother was going to roll defiant. Merging servers probably wont make much of a difference because the battlegroups will still be heavy defiant.

Re-roll guardian and enjoy your insta-queues.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 05-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.

GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 10/11
    Pvp rank 8 Rogue - Age of Aggression.
    www.resultgaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian2011 View Post
    My queues are instant. People who complain about long queues should have known the game would be heavy on the defiant side and rolled guardian. You have no right to complain when it was obvious everyone and their mother was going to roll defiant. Merging servers probably wont make much of a difference because the battlegroups will still be heavy defiant.

Depends on the cluster, time of day, and if you que as a premade, etc,. When I pug my Defiant toons on have very short que times. Usually a minute or less. My Guardian toons have the longer que times, but not by much.

When I que with my premade it takes longer. And that is getting worse every day. The pug players are giving up and not queing as much as they use to.
    Last edited by Grim1; 05-04-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian2011 View Post

Pretty much this. The battlegroup that Briarcliff is in is Defiant heavy on every server in the group. I get queues instantly as well. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but always under a minute.

+ Reply to Thread