+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shade/Wolf/Fae/Tear Guardians, time to boycott Warfronts yet?

Default Shade/Wolf/Fae/Tear Guardians, time to boycott Warfronts yet?

Just wondering how tired you guys are of losing what seems like 90% of our Warfronts, as not only losing but losing BAD. 1000-100 and 500-10 type losses. The same names every Warfront, you know who they are. I refuse to name them because that is what they want.

Personally I have started an alt on another cluster until they do something to fix this. Warfronts are just impossible for us to enjoy right now.

Damn no edit crap.

Wanted to add the Defiants on this cluster are pretty much elitist pricks as well, so many yell out insults while rolling you it is disgusting really adding insult to injury. I will be transferring off this cluster asap, I think many guardians who like running warfronts will do the same.

Soulwalker

Well stop running away. It only hurts for a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantrasil View Post
    Well stop running away. It only hurts for a second!
    Sorry, but I rather quit the game or stay out of Warfronts than feed those dirtbags one more point of favor. That and my ignore list is probably almost full.

Telaran

Usually play offpeak times usually 2am - 6am (Oceanic) on Faeblight, every WF that I have participated in has just been a Defiant rick roll. Admittedly Guardians don't seem to have many premades running at this time. Usually just resort to sitting on the cliff/spawn point and /dance -ing.

/yawn.

It all depends on the time you play. I play between 7pm - 12am EST and its pretty much balance, with some games losing by a ton, some winning by a ton, and some very well fought.

What I think they need to do is actually cluster the PVP and PVP-RP servers together, and then cluster the PVE and RP servers together. Why would I want to go into a pvp only to find people that dont specialize in pvp in my team? Sure, I can do a premade, but Ive had my 5m premade go into a PoS only to find the rest completely suck (No offense) and were from Wolfsbane/Shade, which are PVE/PVE-RP. Ive seen good Wolfsbane players, but their appearance is minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWalker View Post
    It all depends on the time you play. I play between 7pm - 12am EST and its pretty much balance, with some games losing by a ton, some winning by a ton, and some very well fought.

What I think they need to do is actually cluster the PVP and PVP-RP servers together, and then cluster the PVE and RP servers together. Why would I want to go into a pvp only to find people that dont specialize in pvp in my team? Sure, I can do a premade, but Ive had my 5m premade go into a PoS only to find the rest completely suck (No offense) and were from Wolfsbane/Shade, which are PVE/PVE-RP. Ive seen good Wolfsbane players, but their appearance is minimal.
    I'm on Shade and have been pvping since UO, I just cannot stomach leveling up in open world pvp anymore, not to mention the juvenile crap that infest pvp servers nowadays. Guess I'm getting too old lol.

But yes I do get your point, getting a premade together to run Warfronts on Shade would be a feat in itself, forget making it a good one lol. I am typically the only Shade player in any given Warfront on Guardian side.

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWalker View Post
    I've won probably 3 matches over the past 10 days or so. I've played middle of the day, early morning, late evening (mostly here) and it's always the same. Almost always the same people also. All the guardian pre-mades from a month ago are gone.

It's not that we're pitted against PVP servers, it's that the guardians have quit the game or given up. I know I'm on the verge of giving up PVP for PVE. Loosing this much is not fun and I play fer fun.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Yep, no fun at all. This part of the game has essentially been made unavailable to us. The Defiants laugh about it and make sure we know they are farming us.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Just wondering how tired you guys are of losing what seems like 90% of our Warfronts, as not only losing but losing BAD. 1000-100 and 500-10 type losses. The same names every Warfront, you know who they are. I refuse to name them because that is what they want.

Personally I have started an alt on another cluster until they do something to fix this. Warfronts are just impossible for us to enjoy right now.
    I have had the same experience and posted another similar thread not having seen this one.

PVP in this cluster is completely ridiculous. The only word I can think of atm is cluster f**k but I've already spent enough hours of my life leveling 2 guards simultaneously on shadefallen only to find level 50 pvp is virtualy unplayable.

I can't justify spending countless more hours of my life leveling another character or 2 on another shard grouping.

Sez

How do you fix it? This is all player based and has nothing to do with class balance or faction bonus.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    How do you fix it? This is all player based and has nothing to do with class balance or faction bonus.
    You rotate server clusters once a month so a server is not facing the same people. This is happening all over the game, once a side becomes stronger than another it snowballs. The strong keep getting stronger even faster while the weak gets pounded for a little reward. It never ends. At least mixing them up once a month will give everyone a chance to compete so you are not stuck in the same cluster on the weak side.

Of course it could still happen but would beat the **** out of what it is now. I am off this cluster as soon as they allow transfers, do you think I am the only one? This will cause even more imbalance but I pay for my fun, not someone elses.

Yep, no fun at all. This part of the game has essentially been made unavailable to us. The Defiants laugh about it and make sure we know they are farming us.
    Really? Hmmm, Im usually the one yelling (that I can see) and its normally a "gg" I've seen on /yell some as$holes, but nothing of concern really, too few of them.

To be fair tho, Ive seen some guardians say some nasty sh!t when theyre on the winning side, but again, its not much.

This is coming from a guy who is poor in game cuz 2/3s of my 50 levels have been through warfronts. :P
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

You rotate server clusters once a month so a server is not facing the same people. This is happening all over the game, once a side becomes stronger than another it snowballs. The strong keep getting stronger even faster while the weak gets pounded for a little reward. It never ends. At least mixing them up once a month will give everyone a chance to compete so you are not stuck in the same cluster on the weak side.

Of course it could still happen but would beat the **** out of what it is now. I am off this cluster as soon as they allow transfers, do you think I am the only one? This will cause even more imbalance but I pay for my fun, not someone elses.

I kinda like this idea! Dunno how viable it is, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure removing shard clusters and just making queues region-wide is a huge leap in fixing the major imbalances for certain clusters. I'll use some examples with no actual factual backing to prove my point here:

Let us say 25% of all shard clusters are "Guardian dominated", 25% are "Defiant dominated", and the rest are pretty well balanced (just hypothetically speaking here). If we toss these all in one big mixing pot together, there is no reason to believe that things won't get better for players who were part of "Dominated" shard clusters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast