+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are you sure PVP gear was buffed?

Plane Touched

Default Are you sure PVP gear was buffed?

Granted I haven't looked at the stats of the new items recently so I am in the dark on this matter, however.

I know PVP gear was buffed to have more offensive punch & valor was buffed to, BUT.....PVE gear was also buffed. So is this an indication that after all that's said & done PVE gear will still be more viable for PVP then PVP gear?

Valor was buffed, giving PVP gear more survivabilty, but damage was also buffed. Does this negate the effectiveness of Valor? Meaning, can a person with over 400 valor still be 1-2 shotted, stunlocked/killed within a few GCDs just like how PVP currently is due to the increase damage being introduced in 1.2?

Trion what exactly are you trying to accomplish with 1.2? Because it almost seem, that every change you are trying to communicate to 1 crowd, is cancelled out by another change that's intended to please another crowd. In the end, nothing changed except for the mess.

yes, with the new changes to CC, there really is no reason to be defensive in pvp, ppl will die in 3 hits so pve gear will potentially be better for the high end pvper than pvp gear.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

You guys are definitely underestimating how good valor is in 1.2. I mean, underestimating by a **** ton.
    Last edited by Festo; 05-04-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Plane Touched

How good valor is?

I'll be honest, with the amount of damage that's currently available in this game, I don't think an extra 20% is all that much, considering alot of the mitigation skills that clerics & mages have, are being gutted. I don't think anything is going to change except rogues moving up closer to Fotm.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post
    How good valor is?

I'll be honest, with the amount of damage that's currently available in this game, I don't think an extra 20% is all that much, considering alot of the mitigation skills that clerics & mages have, are being gutted. I don't think anything is going to change except rogues moving up closer to Fotm.
    Oh please, who is hardest to kill now? Clerics? So, get rid of CCs and add 20% more resistance, and guess who comes out on top?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Oh please, who is hardest to kill now? Clerics? So, get rid of CCs and add 20% more resistance, and guess who comes out on top?
    clerics are hard to kill because of buffs, but in 1.2, you're not keeping your buffs, & as far as I know MM doesn't have a cd on their purges & they have 35m range, so yea.

I don't think there's DR on purges either, so clerics are going to get purged to death by the rogues, & 2-3 shotted by the Pyros & I didn't even mention the warriors :/

GL with that.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    You neglect to mention they lost about 20% damage resistance in their pvp tree.

Champion of Telara

The PvP gear is just supposed to be better for PvP than PvE gear is and vice versa.

No clue if that is the case, my biggest concern is currently that my PvP gear is near identical to my tanking PvE gear - and I'm a rogue.

No joke, for the T1 plaque gear that is available for my rogue, we have 2 sets. 1 is a tanking set with toughness on it, and the other set is a DPS set.

There is only 1 PvP set, and it matches the tanking sets stats, with valor rather than toughness. I want my PvP set to match the DPS PvE set, not the tanking one.

I thought the valor was supposed to make it so my 1st sentence is true. But currently it's not true because I'm basically reduced to tanking gear. If you give up 5% damage for 5% mitigation, then really you've lost overall, not gained.

We'll see. I have to decide if I want to renew or not on the promise of better gear/situation as my sub runs out before the patch.

+ Reply to Thread