+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gotta luv these Q times

Soulwalker

Default Gotta luv these Q times

ya just gotta luv how long it takes sometimes to get in a WF...

http://img695.imageshack.us/i/20110504044404.jpg/

83 min for those that may not be able to make it out.
    Last edited by Mishtif; 05-04-2011 at 01:47 AM.

they're only going to get longer. the pugs/casuals/semicasuals (the majority of the game) aren't going to queue in to game after game after game of getting 500-0d by r6 premades. i queue for a few games of each map usually, and once i figure out which ones (usually at least 3 out of the 4) are being farmed by defiant premades i stop queueing for them. if all 4 are being farmed i log out. i may or may not finish my r5/6 gear set at this point.

Plane Walker

I kind of foresaw this. Thing is, if Trion separates the warfronts into premade and randoms, then you'll see the ones who have abandoned them try them again. If the win to loss ration is somewhat tolerable, a good portion of these people will keep on logging, thus bringing the queue times down.

This might mean that premades will probably face both heavier competition and longer queue times than even today. But in order for more premades to emerge from the mass of random PvPers, those random PvPers need to feel that they have a fighting chance. Right now a good portion doesn't feel that, thus the queue times suffer.

It is kind of funny, in a sense. When the Guardians are winning, the queues are so-so - most of us that are left have either accepted we're losing our way to R6 or are AFKers/Botters that have accepted they're losing their way to R6. However, if we win 2-3 in a row - the queues go insane. The 5-10 min wait you had to lose becomes a 30-60 min wait.

Sure, just speculation and raw observation - but definitely kind of funny.

Honestly from around 2pm EST - 12am EST we have 5 minute WF queues. I feel really sorry for you guys that have to wait so long :/
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    they're only going to get longer. the pugs/casuals/semicasuals (the majority of the game) aren't going to queue in to game after game after game of getting 500-0d by r6 premades. i queue for a few games of each map usually, and once i figure out which ones (usually at least 3 out of the 4) are being farmed by defiant premades i stop queueing for them. if all 4 are being farmed i log out. i may or may not finish my r5/6 gear set at this point.
    WOW.

You can que for each map?

The impossible is being done, ashstone.

I'm wondering if when someone does not accept an invite to black garden if it does not allow anyone to take their place.

This may explain why I come in late like 300-150 just getting invited to a 6v5.

Needs to be fixed to first to enter first serve if this is happening.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

The reason isn't because people aren't queuing, it's that there's not enough pvpers. They need to merge clusters together or allow server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Wow, sounds exactly like my situation... I wonder if you're in the Faeblight cluster. I'd have given up a lot earlier if I wasn't already r5 and close to r6.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    Wow, sounds exactly like my situation... I wonder if you're in the Faeblight cluster. I'd have given up a lot earlier if I wasn't already r5 and close to r6.
    Faeblight/Lotham/Sunrest cluster is now almost completely Defiant dominated by premades who run nearly all day. I'm not sure what happened to the Guardian premades who initially were so successful but they seem to have vanished. Regardless, if you're a Guardian and not in a premade of your own, don't bother queueing. You'll be spending the majority of your day as some Defiant's favor sheep or waiting out the end of the game at your spawn point.
    Experience is not a substitute for knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread