+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most ridiculously bad design

Rift Disciple

Default Most ridiculously bad design

is the upcoming change on CC in PvP.

8 second max Crowd control with shared DR on Desarm/Stun/Silence/Sleep/Poly... etc
    How bloody freaking idiotic is that seriously?

- Flaw1: CC in general spell effects are not visible. (Think WoW/DAoC, "ZzZ", Fear skull, cyclone...)

- Flaw2: "Cant push buttons is frustrating" (dev quote) is WRONG. The problem is "Cant push buttons while I get spanked to death is frustrating". Pyros root not breaking on damage is a shame (Im a Pyro), Dom talent to protect CC is a bad idea.

The BALANCE on CC is not to put such a DR system that make half of the caster classes uterly useless (Hi Dom, hi SC).
    The balance is
    -1 Giving an OPTION to CC'd players. ie Silence doesnt affects you movement, root allows you to push defensive keys, its fine if they last more than a couple of seconds. STUNS on the other hands should be extremely short, or, imo, just removed because its overall bad for skill factor.
    -2 The DR system should be: long CC that breaks on damage and give immunity to the specific CC type instantly after its broken. It overall improves skill factor into CC respect (dont kill the sheep) and multiple CC type coordination. It also leads to CC oriented classes (Doms, "tanks") to be actually usefull.

(also LoS not breaking spellcast a horrible to skill factor)

Wrong, the single most ridiculous design concept is giving the highest burst damage soul CC immunity, stun chance on evey action and damage mitigation.

The CC changes should make the game more enjoyable for many.

Quote Originally Posted by innocent51 View Post
    Most ridiculously bad design
    Ground of Strenght.
    But they are already fixing that mess.

Fulminate is in a close second tho, the recent change on Cinder-Fulmi is a step in the correct direction.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 05-04-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Total CC immunity is perfectly idiotic. Stun mecanism in general is bad. But GoS being overpowered isnt a real matter when talking about CC system.

Sword of Telara

8 seconds is a long time, very long time.
    it's makes Dom kind of worthless, also Warlock become unacceptable.
    time i gonna figure out a new Build then.

Rift Disciple

8 seconds is a long time, very long time.
    It is not if any damage breaks it and if you are rendered immune to this type of CC after it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by innocent51 View Post
    - Flaw1: CC in general spell effects are not visible. (Think WoW/DAoC, "ZzZ", Fear skull, cyclone...)
    I'll wholeheartedly agree with this. I get very annoyed when i mesmerize a melee on me (playing bard), and somebody in my team rushes to hit him while i'm still right next to him. Ensues death and frustration.

But then again, how could he know i just mesmerized my enemy? its hardly visible. Same with the Nightblade "cage", you barely see some black particles on the guy.

The squirrel and the riftcage are example of CC that are easier to read.

Soulwalker

there is no way the changes will stay as above, cause yea.. they are pretty awful.
    likely they will reduce the time you are invulnerable in a future patch which is still an awful design.

I don't understand how they could spend all the time and money to make such a nice looking game... and then apparently put no thought into the pvp system other than "let's replace wow flags with a hunk of 'source stone'"... completely recreating from the get go every problem wow pvp had with no attempt to fix them.

And this cc "fix" really makes me question how this company is making it's pvp decisions.. I mean... this fix is like putting a second knife in to try and pry the first out.

Quote Originally Posted by Locktard View Post
    there is no way the changes will stay as above, cause yea.. they are pretty awful.
    likely they will reduce the time you are invulnerable in a future patch which is still an awful design.

I don't understand how they could spend all the time and money to make such a nice looking game... and then apparently put no thought into the pvp system other than "let's replace wow flags with a hunk of 'source stone'"... completely recreating from the get go every problem wow pvp had with no attempt to fix them.

And this cc "fix" really makes me question how this company is making it's pvp decisions.. I mean... this fix is like putting a second knife in to try and pry the first out.
    When you higher developers from previous fail games and put them together, you get fail results. FACT
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

Quote Originally Posted by Locktard View Post

That's....not a valid treatment option in that scenario? I... uh.. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    When you higher developers from previous fail games and put them together, you get fail results. FACT
    they should have...highered...you instead

Plane Touched

Needed changes are needed. CC in this game is nothing short of excessive, and grouped DR is a perfect solution (one I had suggested to my brother before reading the patch notes, in fact).

Sorry, CC scrubs... you'll actually have to pick your targets intelligently now instead of tab-spamming.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 05-04-2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    How much higher?
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by tugrath View Post
    how much higher?
    your loooove! Keeps on liftin' me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

Idiots using circular arguments aside it sounds like a terrible change. Now I will explain why rather than saying something patently stupid like "fail change is fail."

This is an mmo so group play is the main focus, within group play when people are playing at a high level (ie using all the abilities put in the game for us) CC will be used and it will be used extensively, throw them all on a shared DR and you are now punishing group play (you know, the type of play the game is designed for). As someone else sad this is made FAR worse by the fact that many CC abilities in this game have subtle animations.

While getting CCed is frustrating, I think it is much more frustrating to use your CC properly only to have a teammate break it or enemy dispel it and then find yourself SOL because now you have hit the DR wall and have no control (I'm in awe that they could even consider putting snares on a shared DR).

Honestly I wish they had just done this at launch so I could have avoided this game since it looks like it is going to be all about spamming your high DPS PvE abilities in PvP because CC is junk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast