+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Make a lfg tool for premades.problem solved

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default Make a lfg tool for premades.problem solved

    As the title says

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    just like the dungeon finder but for pvp

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Makes too much sense.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Or......we could just simply separate queues and expand clusters. Wow why are you people fighting this??

    The problem is not just premades, it is high rank premades.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Wulfhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    This is still basically the same problem, just with more ways to get around it.

    Just because I can go and make a premade and PUG-stomp, does not mean making a premade and PUG-stomping is fair or fun.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Being in a group does not suddenly make you good.

    This is basically the same thing as being in a PUG.

    OP fails.

  7. #7
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Being in a group does not suddenly make you good.

    This is basically the same thing as being in a PUG.

    OP fails.
    Not really. Yes, the OP left out the almost requisite need to expand shard groups or even open them completely to allow for the separate queues; but his point has nothing to do with the quality. That is a distinct issue that you are trying to introduce to sideline his post. It is irrelevant to the discussion.

    We all know there are various levels of "premade" that exist in modern gaming.

    There are the guild premades - groups that have worked together previously, that have comms, complimentary builds, and coordinate their efforts.

    There are /trade pugs - some call premades. They may or may not have worked together previously, they are unlikely to have comms, while their builds may mesh - they are hardly on the level of a guild premade, and their coordination efforts will be hit and miss.

    Generally speaking, the guild premades are at the top of the food chain. On the other hand, /trade pugs sometimes will have the upper hand on straight pugs or sometimes they will get rolled by those straight pugs. Short of having some form of collective mental defect, the guild premades will roll both.

    The potential person complaining about the OP's post would likely fall into the /trade pug group - since they enjoy their status of generally roflstomping straight pugs while having to eat crow while facing an actual premade. Just saying...

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhunter View Post
    This is still basically the same problem, just with more ways to get around it.

    Just because I can go and make a premade and PUG-stomp, does not mean making a premade and PUG-stomping is fair or fun.

    If more people are running premades it wouldn't be constant pug stomping now would it?

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Wulfhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    If more people are running premades it wouldn't be constant pug stomping now would it?
    What is up with the hatred of solo queuing on this forum? It is just ridiculous, really. I have no problems with premades, but I would like to be able to enjoy some proper PvP in RIFT without watching me and my PUG team get smashed repeatedly by a guild group. Apparently that puts me in the minority here.

    Well, it is pretty clear that it is impossible to argue with people in this particular area of the forum or at least attempt to reach a reasonable compromise. Back to lurker mode.


  10. #10
    Plane Touched Cryptzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
    just like the dungeon finder but for pvp
    Are you that dumb? What do you think SOLO and GROUP queuing into WFs is? OH, WOW!
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Cryptzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhunter View Post
    What is up with the hatred of solo queuing on this forum?
    Why are you able to argue your point of soloing if someone cannot argue their point of grouping? Your argument takes no priority over ours. You choose to solo, we choose to group. Not our fault, nor should we feel sorry for you choosing to solo. You enter at your own risk, as you would if queues were in fact separated. You will never know what to expect out of what you are placed up against.

    If you rather solo queue and be disorganized with people you have no clue who they are, you deserve to get ripped.
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 05-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Wulfhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    If you rather solo queue and be disorganized with people you have no clue who they are, you deserve to get ripped.
    Lol

    Really

    You are just being silly now.

  13. #13
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    Why are you able to argue your point of soloing if someone cannot argue their point of grouping? Your argument takes no priority over ours. You choose to solo, we choose to group. Not our fault, nor should we feel sorry for you choosing to solo. You enter at your own risk, as you would if queues were in fact separated. You will never know what to expect out of what you are placed up against.

    If you rather solo queue and be disorganized with people you have no clue who they are, you deserve to get ripped.
    A lot of words not really saying anything. Nothing in what you stated opposes premades fighting premades and pugs fighting pugs. Fear perhaps, causing the blathering?

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfhunter View Post
    What is up with the hatred of solo queuing on this forum? It is just ridiculous, really. I have no problems with premades, but I would like to be able to enjoy some proper PvP in RIFT without watching me and my PUG team get smashed repeatedly by a guild group. Apparently that puts me in the minority here.

    Well, it is pretty clear that it is impossible to argue with people in this particular area of the forum or at least attempt to reach a reasonable compromise. Back to lurker mode.

    i have a hugh problem with premades,and there is no solution to premade vs random.
    you get in a radom with luck 1 healer, how can this ever be compareable to lets say a premade that joining with 2 healer

    only way remove Premade from Random to balance it again, this really is a huge impact on game experience.
    people loss with 8 points only,been even in one with 6 points any idea how demoralizing it is????
    it devastating to game experience.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Cryptzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    A lot of words not really saying anything. Nothing in what you stated opposes premades fighting premades and pugs fighting pugs. Fear perhaps, causing the blathering?
    And it never will, due to the fact that [companies] do not have the player base to separate anything nor can come up with enough math/logs to justify a separation. Cry outs about not being able to do something, does just justify the mechanics have to be dumbed down to accommodate the cry-baby.

    Made a million dollars lately? Probably not, but I don't see the world making it easier for everyone that does not have a million dollars the capability of making it. The effort is endless and challenging, not simple.

    I will say this over and over and OVER again... NO MMO have required separate queues for any form of PVP Rank/Skill/Party, period. And if they have a separate system, it is by CHOICE, not by REQUIREMENT... simple math.

    MMO's are not tailored to solo. However, it is an option, as you seek fit. But nothing that involves collaboration of multiple people to complete an objective, will separate that theory, simply because you do not have e-friends of your own to succeed.
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 05-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts