+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible to raid Sanctum/Meridian?

Plane Walker

Default Possible to raid Sanctum/Meridian?

Anyone out there who has had experience raiding or griefing the opposing side's town?

I remember at about 3 weeks upon release, we tried to invade Sanctum but barely could get past the bridge. Of course at that time, we didn't have as much toughness as we have now.

Do the guards still hit hard? Or do they hit a static number no matter what build/items you have?

I remember going in tank mode and took 4K damage, but my cleric friend also took the same amount in healing spec.

Ascendant

Don't know about Sanctum, but Meridian is very raidable since there isn't a choke point to get into it like Sanctum's bridge, you can invade from behind it over the mountaims.

Plane Walker

well by raidable I mean you can actually progress through the town and kill guards without getting 2-3 shot.

Diu

made a post about it here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...50#post2247150

not much response tho as you can see...

the problem is that the guards have 3 sec respawn rate, so raiding sanctum is just total waste atm... until they change the respawn timer

Telaran

I was just curious if there was a hidden achievement for killing faction leaders. I mean, if there's no loot or achievements, I can't imagine why anyone would bother.

Quote Originally Posted by lokana View Post
    I was just curious if there was a hidden achievement for killing faction leaders. I mean, if there's no loot or achievements, I can't imagine why anyone would bother.
    I dont get why Trion havent thought about this, still so much left to sort out in this potential game. We went to sanctum with about 15 to 20 players once (guild run) by getting ported inside with rally banner, but guess what, not a single spot in there was "safe". Even when we killed a few guards to make some room for us, they wouldnt stop spawning. Like wth is that. I get it that they need guards to protect the city, as u dont want constant fights inside the cities, but if u go there with a large group u should b able to make a fair fight, which is currently non consistant.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Champion of Telara

As far as world pvp goes, I'd like to see something implemented that warns the main town that the enemies will be rading in x.

While during that same period of time the whole other faction is queing to raid the town, creating what should be two large crowds against two large crowds.

It would be like one of the zone events, but a pvp zone event. While it could end up being much different than I just posted I don't care.

I just think a pvp zone event in the main town areas would probably be worthwhile whether you are on defensive or offensive.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-05-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread