+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Warfront strategies - Black Garden

  1. #1
    Soulwalker rojalee775's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default Warfront strategies - Black Garden

    If you have strategies to help novices with playing in Black Garden, please post. This will be much more efficient than barking orders and ticking people off while the WF is in progress.

    My tip, if healing, and there are more than one healer find the highest level you can and pocket heal them. Be sure and tell them about it before time.

    Please be constructive.
    Like it, hate it, it is simply my two cents.
    Like me, hate me, i am simply worth that same two cents.

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    760

    Default

    CC anyone healing the guy with the thing.
    Kill the guy with the thing.
    Drop aoe damage or (preferably) aoe CC on top of the thing.
    Get the thing.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    healing wins black garden. you will be severly hard pressed to win without heals.....so all of you mages and clerics.......if not one person is healing suck it up and switch to a healing role.

    instead of mindlessly trying to pick up the fang, if your character has any sort of bubble immune damage absord ect, use it before grabbing fang. i play mage and often in black garden i go chloro. pop your shield before trying to pick up fang.


    unless someone looks really squishy the only person you need to dps is the fang holder. use your cc on anyone with a mana bar.

    lastly if you see a rogue on your healer, kill him asap. if you see a warrior on your healer cc him. warriors tend to be harder to kill.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

    Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

    www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

  4. #4
    Rift Master Kor Phaeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    699

    Default

    if you are the carrier, never, never, NEVER go to the far corners. stay in the middle, or your tree at least.

    going to the sides of the map means you will get sh!t points for holding the fang for a long time, and when they get it back they will get double your points in half the time.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    if you are the carrier, never, never, NEVER go to the far corners. stay in the middle, or your tree at least.

    going to the sides of the map means you will get sh!t points for holding the fang for a long time, and when they get it back they will get double your points in half the time.
    god this. i flat out tell people, i'm not going to heal yo if you run out of the main area. behind our tree is as far as you need to go.

    in the time it takes to win via running to your spawn with fang, you could have lost 4 straight and still made more favor.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

    Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

    www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

  6. #6
    Telaran xIGGYx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    healing wins black garden.
    Nope.

    Healing wins Warfronts.

    I really dislike the concept of the bard. Doesnt bother me when other play a bard, but i rolled my rogue to be a marksman, not to run around singing song and playing trumpet.

    Yet i play my WFs mostly as a bard, because that's when i can really change the outcome of the fight. I'm not fond of it, but i hate even more to lose all the time otherwise.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    1. Spec riftstalker
    2. Grab fang (preferably while unhittable,immune to all attacks, or 100% damage mitigation)
    3. teleport to your spawn point
    4. hold it there until the other team A: sends their whole team to your spawn point to get it back, at which point you jump down into the main area and collect big points while they are running around the side and then back to you; when they all jump back down, you teleport back up top and continue thusly. or B: They split their team in half to prevent you from just jumping down, in which case your full 10 players wipes their 5 players and then you jump down and wipe their remaining 5 players while collecting big points. Teleport back up if you're ever in danger of losing the fang.

    5. Hope Trion fixes this ridiculous ****.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Mass pyros and SC.
    With mass I mean 1 and 1. Now add a PVP healer cleric (Templar/ Justicar/ Warden) and a Tank (Void Knight or Riftstalker). The rest of the team are cannon fodder.
    Collect favor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thimlee View Post
    1. Spec riftstalker
    2. Grab fang (preferably while unhittable,immune to all attacks, or 100% damage mitigation)
    3. teleport to your spawn point
    4. hold it there until the other team A: sends their whole team to your spawn point to get it back, at which point you jump down into the main area and collect big points while they are running around the side and then back to you; when they all jump back down, you teleport back up top and continue thusly. or B: They split their team in half to prevent you from just jumping down, in which case your full 10 players wipes their 5 players and then you jump down and wipe their remaining 5 players while collecting big points. Teleport back up if you're ever in danger of losing the fang.

    5. Hope Trion fixes this ridiculous ****.
    1.2 fix this.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 05-04-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Mass pyros and SC.
    With mass I mean 1 and 1. Now add a PVP healer cleric (Templar/ Justicar/ Warden) and a Tank (Void Knight or Riftstalker). The rest of the team are cannon fodder.
    Collect favor.
    This will work swimmingly in the absence of rogue gimmicks.

    My team runs pyro; chloro or SC; warden; some kind of warrior -- I don't know we mostly make fun of him; and a bard or riftstalker/nightblade for flag running ********

  10. #10
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    if you are the carrier, never, never, NEVER go to the far corners. stay in the middle, or your tree at least.
    That. So you stay in range of your support.

    If you are a Chloromancer, the Fang carrier is your Synthesis target.
    If you are a Justicar, the Fang carrier is your Righteous Mandate target.
    Mark the enemy healers and take them out, but focus the Fang carrier.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Ratkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    if you are the carrier, never, never, NEVER go to the far corners. stay in the middle, or your tree at least.

    going to the sides of the map means you will get sh!t points for holding the fang for a long time, and when they get it back they will get double your points in half the time.
    Very bad advice. If you are overpowered in regards to damage, especially ranged damage, then the safest spot is behind the tree. Since the enemy RDPS will have to move to an awkward angle to attack the carrier.

    If you can manage to dominate the enemy, then staying in the middle is best.

    Many, many games we turned the game around from being overpowered to winning by carrying the fang behind the tree and blocking off massive, overwhelming RDPS superiority.

  12. #12
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    Very bad advice. If you are overpowered in regards to damage, especially ranged damage, then the safest spot is behind the tree. Since the enemy RDPS will have to move to an awkward angle to attack the carrier.

    If you can manage to dominate the enemy, then staying in the middle is best.

    Many, many games we turned the game around from being overpowered to winning by carrying the fang behind the tree and blocking off massive, overwhelming RDPS superiority.
    Did you understand his post? Breaking the salient bits down:

    "never, never, NEVER go to the far corners"

    Far corners are outside of the central courtyard, up the ramps around the back.

    "stay in the middle, or your tree at least"

    Middle is where the Fang is.

    Your tree is where you are advocating LoS on RDPS.

    It seems to me the two of you agree in general, or am I missing something here?

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Ratkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Nope, he says going to the "far sides" (the tree) will only give you half the points, which is correct. +3 instead of +6 - if he meant what you meant, near the spawns, then that would be less than a fifth of the points (you only get +1 there).

    So yeah, he really meant staying in the middle at all costs, and that is simply not viable in every game.

    Same thing when he said that you should always go for the fang... It's not the best thing to do in every game, since sometimes you will want to thin their ranks on the way to their carrier, or else your carrier will be dead before they can reach an optimal spot again with the fang.

  14. #14
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratkin View Post
    Nope, he says going to the "far sides" (the tree) will only give you half the points, which is correct. +3 instead of +6 - if he meant what you meant, near the spawns, then that would be less than a fifth of the points (you only get +1 there).
    Actually "the far corners" (+1) are outside of the central courtyard. His very next line says "your tree at least" (+3) as opposed to middle (+6).

    So ... +1 is a tough one. I've been in teams that won there, but it's a long fight and you really need to bring your A game to pull it off against even a half-way competent team.

    +3 is good and useful for LoS scenarios as you described.

    +6 is best if you can hold it for the quick win.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts