+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ??***would the entire pvp population like to see this***??

Plane Touched

Default ??***would the entire pvp population like to see this***??

What if we took port scion. we took out all of the mobs. we let players port into this zone via the portal porticium's. there was no time limit. you could leave at anytime.

that's it. thats all we want and it would be so easy and simple and make sooooooooooooooooo many of us happy. Mobs would be gone, roam the streets looking for pvp, grouped or solo, premade or join the other randoms.

no time limit. just a zone to hang out in, without mobs, with fun design, to just hang out and pvp in while we wait for warfronts to pop. no objectives, you get out of this zone what you put into it. no afk leaching favor, no immune capping objectives, just port in. hang out. pvp talk enjoy the game again for us pvper's.

please sign if you think this simple incarnation would be a great idea for rift pvp players. if you don't agree please tell us why.

i think this very idea is enough to mak the entire pvp population of rift very happy. but lets take it a step further. what if we had;

1. a safety area for when you ported in. you'd be 100% immune to pvp while in the starting port area. this is where you would rez if you died. while in this area you cannot heal/buff/or otherwise interact with anyone in the zone until you left the immune area. once outside this immune area its free game , and even going back into the immune area won't remake you immune. simple

2. what if you could capture the bridge same as in port scion , and whichever faction controled the bridge , that faction would gain 10% more favor and/or prestige while killing and fighting in this zone?

3. or maybe we could have mobs in this zone that dropped slightly above average drops/money compared to open world......maybe controlling the bridge would give your faction increased gains from killing these mobs?

just some idea's for now.

if you don't agree with 1. 2. 3. you have to agree with the rest of the idea.

IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO IMPLEMENT. YOU ALLREADY HAVE THE ZONE. JUST MAKE IT THE SAME THING WITH NO MOBS AND NO TIME LIMIT. DONE. THE PVP POPULATION REJOICES AS WE HAVE SOMEWHERE TO ENJOY PVP WHILE WAITING FOR WF'S. HELL SOME PEOPLE WOULD RATHER HANG OUT HERE THEN DO WF'S BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? ITS JUST NICE TO HAVE SOME ALTERNATIVE TO WF'S.

thank you for reading
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com
    ChloeNoir <Champion of Champions> Guild-CoFounder

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

www.RiftCoC.guildportal.com <---- our guilds website, come say hello!

Champion of Telara

This sounds more ganking (1v1 or very small numbered teams) than team pvp by design. I'm not a big fan, but all the assassins that are all getting a buff soon are, so might as well. You already have dueling (people just hanging out) it sees quite a bit of use in our meridian because of que times.

Not a fan of 1v1, I like 4v4, 8v8.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Rift Disciple

I agree with most of this, the only problem I think there would be on certain servers is lack of space. Port Scion just isn't all that big, and some pvp servers have a really big pvp crowd that would be all for this. Also, I partly agree with the bridge idea, with one exception: Make the capture point in this zone the church. This could be virtually like a keep siege, which, if you played Warhammer at all, know is extremely fun .

+1 signed not only because I want more open pvp, but also because it's nice to see a post suggesting something as opposed to crying about it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2322 View Post
    I agree with most of this, the only problem I think is what is this hanging out in a pvp zone????
    Fixed...........

I wouldn't mind the place we currently can't get to having something pvpish done to it, where we are there and there is no teams just defiant vs guardians for, bridge i guess?
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Fixed...........

I wouldn't mind the place we currently can't get to having something pvpish done to it, where we are there and there is no teams just defiant vs guardians for, bridge i guess?
    Totally constructive post. If I had wanted it said that way, I would have said it that way in the first place.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    This sounds more ganking (1v1 or very small numbered teams) than team pvp by design. I'm not a big fan, but all the assassins that are all getting a buff soon are, so might as well. You already have dueling (people just hanging out) it sees quite a bit of use in our meridian because of que times.

Not a fan of 1v1, I like 4v4, 8v8.

then don't enter? you like 4vs4 and 8vs8, do wf's and hang out in main city. dueling is not nearly as thrilling as a quality 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 , imho of course.

the point of this zone, unlike dueling as you mention, is we would have a focused zone for pvp while we wait for wf's. we could actually pvp while we wait to pvp essentially. unlike dueling, going out and looking for a fight is satisfying. its like open world pvp but you wouldnt have to spend 40 minutes looking for 1 person to kill and there wouldnt be 5-10 mob adds while you fight, and there would be no city guards spoiling quality pvp.
    Kleric DOM - daoc/shadowbane/WoW r.i.p. Duality Of Man any DOM out there email me arc421x@yahoo.com

Click below
    Play on Defiant/Harrow PvP server? Looking for a quality guild to add meaning to your rift gameing experience?
    Click above

Champion of Telara

Totally constructive post. If I had wanted it said that way, I would have said it that way in the first place.
    So let's add something pveish in there then. Great.
    TL;DR

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chloenoir View Post
    then don't enter? you like 4vs4 and 8vs8, do wf's and hang out in main city. dueling is not nearly as thrilling as a quality 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 , imho of course.

the point of this zone, unlike dueling as you mention, is we would have a focused zone for pvp while we wait for wf's. we could actually pvp while we wait to pvp essentially. unlike dueling, going out and looking for a fight is satisfying. its like open world pvp but you wouldnt have to spend 40 minutes looking for 1 person to kill and there wouldnt be 5-10 mob adds while you fight, and there would be no city guards spoiling quality pvp.
    If they are going to do something world pvpish it shouldn't be based around small numbers.

It should be scaled to larger than raid sized groups expected to be there.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    TL;DR

Plane Touched

I agree with most of this, the only problem I think there would be on certain servers is lack of space. Port Scion just isn't all that big, and some pvp servers have a really big pvp crowd that would be all for this. Also, I partly agree with the bridge idea, with one exception: Make the capture point in this zone the church. This could be virtually like a keep siege, which, if you played Warhammer at all, know is extremely fun .

+1 signed not only because I want more open pvp, but also because it's nice to see a post suggesting something as opposed to crying about it.
    thank you. rather then creating something new, i'm REALLY REALLY hoping trion will implement this. they don't even have to create anything new. just copy and past port scion and take out the timer and mobs.

i do also agree with your map size comment, but i would assume playing a wf would be faster prestige/favor so i would assume people would still play wf's which may lighten the load.

i also disagree with the size being to small on the basis of there being no objectives, so pvp could take place literally anywhere and given the fact you dont neccasarily need to concentrate at bridge/church the map is a bit more spread out when willing to fight anywhere anytime.
    Last edited by Chloenoir; 05-04-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Click below
    Click above

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chloenoir View Post
    Your going to be looking more at 30v30 or so.

idk, if everyone started at pvp rank one you'd be looking at some large numbers in one location alot more than two people are going to show up vs you..

Would really like to see it as all one big team instead of a bunch of separate uncoordinated mess.

Which is why I said no teams, didn't add just one big raid.

Don't really need to say more than that.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    TL;DR

Rift Disciple

Not sure you really need to put out the mobs, but yeah. And favor reward on player kills.
    /sign

Plane Touched

i really wish you could edit the first post to give relvent updates on the thread.

i believe a simple fix to size of the map issues would work as follows;

when you click to port into "pvp zone" there will be a maximum of 40defiant and 40 guardian. are you a defiant and theres allready 40 defiant inside? then there will be a 2nd clone for overflow to enter.

so now when you click -port to pvp zone- it will say;

-----------------------------------------------------------
    [pvp zone 1] ( full )
    [pvp zone 2] -click to port-
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Click below
    Click above

I like it, but it would need a rule-set for grouping to prevent people from joining groups and going afk for 72 hours straight. No public or auto groups, invite only, with votekick, and favor only reward for those in the party who are in range. I think no raid group is also a decent idea. 5 player parties only.

And please leave the mobs with extra plat out.. defeats the purpose of your proposal all together.

Would also need to be about 5 times larger than Port Scion is currently.
    Last edited by baph; 05-04-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    I like it, but it would need a rule-set for grouping to prevent people from joining groups and going afk for 72 hours straight. No public or auto groups, invite only, with votekick, and favor only reward for those in the party who are in range. I think no raid group is also a decent idea. 5 player parties only.

And please leave the mobs with extra plat out.. defeats the purpose of your proposal all together.

Would also need to be about 5 times larger than Port Scion is currently.

i whole heartedly agree, you should absolutly NOT be auto grouped. maybe once inside theres a special /7 chat for the zone. i also think haveing only 5 in a group max would be a fun interesting idea , nice idea for the thread!

mobs extra plat , would be only a -slight- amount more then normal mobs. this would give people an incentive to come to the zone. this also helps with the " i pvp 100% and i make zero money " crow'd. but aagain id be just fine if it wernt in the zone as i think no mobs = encourages more pvp.

maybe i'm the only one who thinks port scion is large if we arent all zerging bridge or church. also please read my previous thought on capping # of people in zone, then if zone is full we make a new clone for overflow.

Click below
    Click above

Shadowlander

Default Port Scion too small

While the concept is an EXCELLENT idea..and that we have been asking for something like this since launch, to be honest, Port Scion is just too small in its present incarnation. Now...if they made it bigger, a decent size zone, heck yeah!
    Make all the building so you could enter them, house to house fighting, shooting from windows..well..not sure about that but you get the idea.
    We would need much larger zone as if it were persistant it would get overcrowded VERY quickly.
    If they gave us a 24/7 persistant zone you would have peeps come back that have already left (myself included) and go a long way to stop the bleed of pvp'rs leaving the game.
    Awesome game mechanics, cool concept of the game, but it still just becomes a small world with very limited things to do besides grind in only a handfull of places.
    A persistant pvp zone, with conquerable objectives and possibly faction wide benefits to holding them (small) would have dramatic and positive effects on the game as a whole.
    But right now Port Scion is too small to accomplish that even if they opened it up.
    Just my 2cents

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast