Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: The List (Patch PvP Resub)

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default The List (Patch PvP Resub)

    Of things creating a Rank 1 pvp character would help relieve pvp wise


    1.) Re-rolling is quick and easy, and back into fighting the same people that you rerolled for.
    2.) Que Times (5 Brackets are now 1 Bracket) I haven't played scion or had a full codex in days on level 50 pvp.
    3.) Everyone in world pvp are the same level, don't need to explain why this is better.
    4.) People on PvE shards that do want to world PvP will now sign up on PvP servers with a rank 1 pvp and make it more populated.
    5.) People who invite friends can get instant pvp satisfaction on multiple classes (Low level pvp just isn't fun using one or two skills, sorry, neither is knowing pve is inevitable to get to level 50 pvp).
    6.) If my team is struggling with healers, I can easily reroll a healer for those people.
    7.) Flexibility. Guilds can create dream team premades w/the exact classes they want.
    8.) It would have a new training center that teaches each warfront objective to new players and gives them pvp armor after learning it instead of the pve starting ground we do at level 1.
    9.) Solves the money issue for pvp'ers.
    10.) Solves the lower levels that cannot get any pvp armor but one or two pieces and forced to like it, and slow ques.
    11.) People would be fighting the same premade less often, they could goto a different server if they really had to.
    12.) It took me two weeks to noticed I had to pve levels 42-50 from no ques.
    13.) When someone starts to play the game for pvp, they got a little bit different goals in their first three hours than someone who rolled to play the pve, I for one was not a very happy customer the first day buying it because of this.
    14.) There will now be something that makes a difference being on pvp and pve servers.
    15.) Room for rank 10 PvP Relic quality drops.


    For some reason i feel like I'm missing a few things, but that is the majority that I can think of.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Please don't bump your own threads. Bumping is a form of spam.

    ~Bik
    Last edited by Bik; 05-04-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  3. #3
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    I'm not going to take the time to pick this apart...

    /facepalm
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I'm not going to take the time to pick this apart...

    /facepalm
    Please do.

    While you are at it tell me what part of rolling on a pvp server makes you think my intentions were to pve grind.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Please do.

    While you are at it tell me what part of rolling on a pvp server makes you think my intentions were to pve grind.
    First of all, this is the 2000th time you have posted this. If you have not noticed, no one is replying. There is a reason. It is because not only is your idea never going to happen, but you do not manage to convey it in a way that is easy to read. You jump all over the place, stating random things that pop into your head.

    If you seriously want someone to jump on board with you, I suggest you write it out, get your mom and dad to proof read it for you, and then post it.

    And for the love of god, please stop spamming this on every thread in these boards.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Bump........................

    These guys sit here and act like what I say is untrue.

    They have no way of giving me any kind of reasons why and may even be the same person.

    The so called cons aren't anywhere near the level of pros this solution has.

    Then they go bump another solution inspired by this idea that is just trying to find another way around it.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Bump........................

    These guys sit here and act like what I say is untrue.

    They have no way of giving me any kind of reasons why and may even be the same person.

    The so called cons aren't anywhere near the level of pros this solution has.

    Then they go bump another solution inspired by this idea that is just trying to find another way around it.
    Another nonsensical post from you. What the hell are you talking about? I just told you why no one is replying. Because it does not deserve one. It is a mishmash of sillyness. You need to learn how to convey your ideas better.

    This is why your idea does not work:

    People have worked to achieve level 50.
    Classes this complex require practice to understand.
    Most people that play mmo's believe you should have to put in effort to reach endgame.

    There are more reasons, but I honestly do not feel like taking the time.

    Now please just drop it, everyone knows what you want that reads these boards. I'm tired of seeing it in every thread. Others must be as well.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Sounds similar to the guild wars factions pvp model. Sadly that was successful in all those points and players still pvp in that game.
    Rift isn;t about the pvp model though it;s about gear and wasting time leveling 1-50 then rank 1 prestige to rank 6. Hoping all the while to stay interested enough to see it through. Pvp though is lacking and while this will help it a long in a number of ways I doubt very much that Trion would change their game in such a drastic way. They want the pvpers to pve. Just like Blizzard wanted pvpers to pve and AoC and Aion and






  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    Another nonsensical post from you. What the hell are you talking about? I just told you why no one is replying. Because it does not deserve one. It is a mishmash of sillyness. You need to learn how to convey your ideas better.

    This is why your idea does not work:

    People have worked to achieve level 50.
    Classes this complex require practice to understand.
    Most people that play mmo's believe you should have to put in effort to reach endgame.

    There are more reasons, but I honestly do not feel like taking the time.

    Now please just drop it, everyone knows what you want that reads these boards. I'm tired of seeing it in every thread. Others must be as well.
    People have worked to achieve level 50. - So have I on a pvp server. This would make the other classes, or any new pvp characters if I wanted to reroll one for any reason, even for a name. Much easier to do. If I want to switch to rogue from p4 mage, etc.

    I wouldn't be mad at all, knowing that I already worked for 50, and that I can now create a pvp character that cannot equip pve gear simply because he can get everything he needs with faction. Just knowing the pros that this update had, I wouldn't be mad about that grind at all for better pvp.


    Classes this complex require practice to understand - They get to practice with the new training grounds that use npcs in a warfront map. Really, once they go through read, spec thier tree, choose the few skills they are going to use, there isn't much to learn. This game is not a very complex pvp or skill system to use, especially given someone has a couple/few hours to learn it, they will be good on thier first pvp match given 45 minutes of pvp warfront training before being able to head out into the world with his r1 gear he also got from those quest/training grounds.


    Most people that play mmo's believe you should have to put in effort to reach endgame - This is talking about on pvp servers only. This is going to do absolutely nothing to endgame pve. As a matter of fact, the people on most of the pve servers regardless of how many server 1sts I got never even heard of me, because I am on a pvp server, and they really care less what happens on a pvp server. It doesn't effect their pve at all. People will still do the pve side of the game to beat the pve side and get the good end game raid dungeon pieces, period. That does take time.

    This however seperates a pvp server, pvp is really the endgame period, as soon as pvp starts its the endgame, why is it the endgame? PvP is endless. The PvE side is done as soon as you completed everything.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    Sounds similar to the guild wars factions pvp model. Sadly that was successful in all those points and players still pvp in that game.
    Rift isn;t about the pvp model though it;s about gear and wasting time leveling 1-50 then rank 1 prestige to rank 6. Hoping all the while to stay interested enough to see it through. Pvp though is lacking and while this will help it a long in a number of ways I doubt very much that Trion would change their game in such a drastic way. They want the pvpers to pve. Just like Blizzard wanted pvpers to pve and AoC and Aion and
    How long was it till guild wars had a pvp model? Yes they did create this waay into the future. Not when the game was released. It was with the 2nd or 3rd expansion of the game. They also have a very BALANCED pvp system, which rift sadly is very far from achieving.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    People have worked to achieve level 50. - So have I on a pvp server. This would make the other classes, or any new pvp characters if I wanted to reroll one for any reason, even for a name. Much easier to do. If I want to switch to rogue from p4 mage, etc.

    I wouldn't be mad at all, knowing that I already worked for 50, and that I can now create a pvp character that cannot equip pve gear simply because he can get everything he needs with faction. Just knowing the pros that this update had, I wouldn't be mad about that grind at all for better pvp.


    Classes this complex require practice to understand - They get to practice with the new training grounds that use npcs in a warfront map. Really, once they go through read, spec thier tree, choose the few skills they are going to use, there isn't much to learn. This game is not a very complex pvp or skill system to use, especially given someone has a couple/few hours to learn it, they will be good on thier first pvp match given 45 minutes of pvp warfront training before being able to head out into the world with his r1 gear he also got from those quest/training grounds.


    Most people that play mmo's believe you should have to put in effort to reach endgame - This is talking about on pvp servers only. This is going to do absolutely nothing to endgame pve. As a matter of fact, the people on most of the pve servers regardless of how many server 1sts I got never even heard of me, because I am on a pvp server, and they really care less what happens on a pvp server. It doesn't effect their pve at all. People will still do the pve side of the game to beat the pve side and get the good end game raid dungeon pieces, period. That does take time.

    This however seperates a pvp server, pvp is really the endgame period, as soon as pvp starts its the endgame, why is it the endgame? PvP is endless. The PvE side is done as soon as you completed everything.
    i disagree with pretty much everything you just said. i'm also done arguing it with you.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    How long was it till guild wars had a pvp model? Yes they did create this waay into the future. Not when the game was released. It was with the 2nd or 3rd expansion of the game. They also have a very BALANCED pvp system, which rift sadly is very far from achieving.
    Guildwars did try the lower leveled arenas.

    I think they were the first part of pvp to die.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    i disagree with pretty much everything you just said. i'm also done arguing it with you.
    So you'd rather keep the long pve grind that most pvpers might quit before finishing in the first place, lowering the player count on your server.

    Keep the segregated brackets that not only limit your bracket to what warfronts they play due to amount of players, but also how long it takes to que for every person, in every bracket.

    Keep running around in the world at level 50, running by tons of people 30 levels under you?


    And the reason for keeping this and making pvp worse than it should be is just because you disagree with someone?

    If I had a different name would you agree with me then?

    That's just a partial con list that you want to keep.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    So you'd rather keep the long pve grind that most pvpers might quit before finishing in the first place, lowering the player count on your server.

    Keep the segregated brackets that not only limit your bracket to what warfronts they play due to amount of players, but also how long it takes to que for every person, in every bracket.

    Keep running around in the world at level 50, running by tons of people 30 levels under you?


    And the reason for keeping this and making pvp worse than it should be is just because you disagree with someone?

    If I had a different name would you agree with me then?

    That's just a partial con list that you want to keep.
    I want to play with people that are willing to put in the work required in order to be successful. Whether it be in the real world or in a game. This game requires you to level to get to end game pvp. That is what you should do. You can PVP the entire way if you want, you are in no way forced to pve.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncash View Post
    I want to play with people that are willing to put in the work required in order to be successful. Whether it be in the real world or in a game. This game requires you to level to get to end game pvp. That is what you should do. You can PVP the entire way if you want, you are in no way forced to pve.
    This is what the segregated brackets on a high populated server do, please notice I am pve leveling in some of them because I cannot get any pvp.

    http://desertgardencare.com/rift

    You are wanting to keep those.

    The server you are looking for is a pve server.

    I would be recruiting for pvp on a pvp server, and looking for people that are looking to put in the work to earn their pvp ranks. The pve ranks meant absolutely nothing since pvp before 50 is nothing like 50 pvp, then we have those new level 50s in pve gear for this same reason.


    PvP ranks is all that should be required for pvp players to do, do you not understand that is still working for your armor, but not doing the pve to pvp first?


    This would do absolutly nothing to a pve server as far as pve goes, and there is plenty of other people there specifically there to do pve with you. Then if this were in place you would have many more people ona pvp server specifically for pvp. Right now, Everyone on my pvp server is there for PvE except 5 percent of us.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts