+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discuss 5 Second break Free Vs Patch

Champion of Telara

Default Discuss 5 Second break Free Vs Patch

A 5 second recharge break free would be better for every single class in this game over the patch which will make stuff immune rather than dealwithable.

Two stuns durations will still be there back to back this way (aside from the long recharge on the break free that will make you immune to the second one twice per match), that's still long enough to die, then they will be immune to if you didn't die pissing off that melee, or dom, or whatever was applying cc.

Having a 5 second recharge break free gives that player the satisfaction of stunning or snaring you, but also doesn't let you get locked down and lets you get out of it almost always if you absolutely have to break free at that moment.

The patch dumbs the game down more, this would make it more skill/decisive based.

Melee could spam his cripple, but you could also run and keep break freeing it, so it does give some room for a melee to try to keep you there if he can, and never going immune, but also gives you the freedom to always remove it.

Same thing goes for stuns, they could spam stuns, but you could always remove it.

The patchs way is if a melee uses cripple on you twice, you will also be immune to that whole teams snares, pushbacks, movement control.

Rather than letting them land it but breaking out.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Champion of Telara

Break free didn't work in the first place because the recharge is so long and every class has cc, so you are going to need it a lot more than once every 1 minute.

Your probably gonna need it more than once per battle to be honest with you in the current way things work.

The patch is just a kick in ccs balls, for all classes that do it, big time.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Soulwalker

I like this idea more than the patches suggested changes, but I'd still rather not see a drastic change in the first place. It becomes much harder to predict the outcome of the changes you're implementing to status quo when the changes are so severe, or radical.

Instead, I beg Trion to make small adjustments gradually to get it right in a few steps, as opposed to rubber-banding around the engine, making enormous changes as lateral unimprovements(New word I think I'm inventing to describe a change for the null).

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    I like this idea more than the patches suggested changes, but I'd still rather not see a drastic change in the first place. It becomes much harder to predict the outcome of the changes you're implementing to status quo when the changes are so severe, or radical.

Instead, I beg Trion to make small adjustments gradually to get it right in a few steps, as opposed to rubber-banding around the engine, making enormous changes as lateral unimprovements(New word I think I'm inventing to describe a change for the null).
    One skills recharge isn't a drastic change, lol. Easily undoable.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Plane Touched

So everyone can just macro Break Free onto every ability they use?

This would be tantamount to removing CC, even more so than the planned CC changes.

Just make CC immunity length based on the length of CC and be done with it.
    (ie: immune for 3x longer than the CC, 3 second stun provides 9 second immunity etc)

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by del'Vhar View Post
    So everyone can just macro Break Free onto every ability they use?
    I'm not sure how macros work, I use a razer naga, but the break free would cause a global recharge so why would you macro it to everything?

Not every cc would be game breaking to spam it to take a gcd for no reason like that. Make it unmacroable
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Plane Touched

You'd macro it to everything because if you got CCed the GCD you burnt using it wouldn't be getting used anyway.

Also Break Free can only be used while under the effect of CC, so if you didn't get cced it wouldn't get used.

That said, macroing it to everything would be a bit extreme and wouldn't allow you to pick which CC to break etc, so the "good" players would probably be less likely to do it, but it would still be way too effective at negating CC all the time if it was macro to everything.

+ Reply to Thread