+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A solution to warfronts, including premades and queue times.

Rift Disciple

Default A solution to warfronts, including premades and queue times.

First off, premades should ONLY be able to go against other premades. Before people cry about that statement, here is how it will work, exactly: If you are making a premade, your queue will include ALL shards, rather than just your grouping. It will search ALL other shards for another premade, and the two organized teams with vent and the whole works can actually fight each other in a COMPETITIVE environment.

It's as simple as this: Premades DOMINATE pugs, and quite simply, I and many others are tired of it. Us casual players don't want to treat this as if it's a military raid on osama bin laden, using headset communication (vent) to simply have a little fun in warfronts. It's unfair for BOTH sides to have pugs against premades. How is it unfair to the premade team? Well, because they are experiencing ZERO challenge to win in codex 100-1000, in black garden 50-500, and whitefall 0-3.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    First off, premades should ONLY be able to go against other premades. Before people cry about that statement, here is how it will work, exactly: If you are making a premade, your queue will include ALL shards, rather than just your grouping. It will search ALL other shards for another premade, and the two organized teams with vent and the whole works can actually fight each other in a COMPETITIVE environment.

It's as simple as this: Premades DOMINATE pugs, and quite simply, I and many others are tired of it. Us casual players don't want to treat this as if it's a military raid on osama bin laden, using headset communication (vent) to simply have a little fun in warfronts. It's unfair for BOTH sides to have pugs against premades. How is it unfair to the premade team? Well, because they are experiencing ZERO challenge to win in codex 100-1000, in black garden 50-500, and whitefall 0-3.
    /sign

but this is assuming that premades want a challenge. i can only imagine all the people with their ego's sky high because they killed a new level 50 in greens.

but i'm with you on this suggestion. universal queue for premades across all shards, that is pretty cool.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
    /sign

but this is assuming that premades want a challenge. i can only imagine all the people with their ego's sky high because they killed a new level 50 in greens.

but i'm with you on this suggestion. universal queue for premades across all shards, that is pretty cool.
    Level 50 on a pvp server as pvp rank one should not be wearing PVE greens, he should have gotten those rank 1 pvp gears right before he started playing his first pvp matches by doing a few warfront related quests.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
    /sign

Premades might NOT want a challenge. But that makes them complete and total cowards, if you ask me. So give them a challenge.

Soulwalker

Default Reduce PvP queue times

...your queue will include ALL shards, rather than just your grouping...
    This little nugget should be implemented on its own merit.
    Sub-50 queue times are horrible (30+ minutes) just to get into a game that is half over.

The system should look within its own group for 5 minutes, then start to expand the search to other groups until it gets enough players.

I pay to WF and when I can actually get in, I enjoy it.

Rift Disciple

Bump. End this pug vs premade nonsense.

As an opponent of your silly separation of randoms versus premades I have one thing to say: no.

Telaran

Just cluster all the servers together. Fighting the same people over and over is really boring. It is so bad on my cluster that if one guild doesn't que, there aren't pops. Which is really sad....why did they make the opening video to guardians so gay that no one plays them?

Quote Originally Posted by Arieswar View Post
    As an opponent of your silly separation of randoms versus premades I have one thing to say: no.
    Two hour queues disagree with you.

Champion of Telara

First off, premades should ONLY be able to go against other premades.
    opening this thread to read this statement makes me laugh. I agree with it too.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-04-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

When do you decide if it's a pre-made? (how many people)

The max, obviously is 5.

My wife and I queue together, are we are "pre-made"?

Sometimes my mother-in-law and sister-in-law join us, while we are 4, we still aren't a pre-made.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Soulwalker

Yeah, I think queue times are getting a bit out of hand lol

http://i.imgur.com/PRiK8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Icemasta View Post
    Yeah, I think queue times are getting a bit out of hand lol

http://i.imgur.com/PRiK8.jpg

The 30s and 40s bracket have always had horrible queue times, always.

level 50, end game, is the only queues they should concern themselves with, or they will have to come up with a way to "force" people to queue in "non-important" brackets.

This being said, i love to pvp all the way up in lvls, but the 30's bracket shouldn't be a major concern for them to fix.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    The 30s and 40s bracket have always had horrible queue times, always.

level 50, end game, is the only queues they should concern themselves with, or they will have to come up with a way to "force" people to queue in "non-important" brackets.

This being said, i love to pvp all the way up in lvls, but the 30's bracket shouldn't be a major concern for them to fix.
    I made another post saying it's bugged for certain people and no one knows why. Notice the average queue time? My friend is getting pop-ups all the time while I am there waiting for 2 hours and 10 minutes. Either way, end game is only a part of the game and you can't go and ignore the rest of the people. Most of the population on servers is still leveling, so if there is anything to be done, it should be done in the lower bracket (especially the 30-40 one since from quick /whoing, there is the currently the most players in that level bracket for defiants on my server compared to 50s and 40-50).

Either way, saying X has priority over Y is bad overall, everyone should expect the same quality regardless of their level.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast