+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleric PvP soul in 1.2, life gonna be rough.

Plane Touched

Default Cleric PvP soul in 1.2, life gonna be rough.

Oof, just got around to reading the patch notes, the cleric pvp soul just got gutted. Blessing of the Martyr gives 20% chance on your damaging abilities to remove a buff? Yippee..

Ethereal Shell down to 3% per point spent and only triggers for 5 seconds once every 15 seconds....ouch(I wonder if I'll even finish rank 5 to enjoy the current "god mode" though, halfway through it)

Magic dmg resist(name escapes me) down from 15% to 5% max...ick.

Sadly I was looking forward to using the defensive skills on my Shaman to actually be able to live long enough to do some damage..turns out I'm gonna get blown up just as fast, maybe faster now(valor might even it out). I think this is a bit overkill, they just needed to fix the bugged BotM to trigger on correct damage and tweak Shell a bit, mostly I think just reducing the duration of it's procs and maybe a small internal cd.

They still haven't made the rest of the soul useful at all, the tree is pretty much a joke for anyone running and offensive build...bleh.

Thoughts?

It is ok I was using 20 point in the soul on the other side of the tree to survivability, playing as a low dps pure healer... maybe it is a better choice now.
    Last edited by Duvain; 05-03-2011 at 05:05 PM.

The nerf was needed. Saying that as a rank 5 cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Plane Touched

There's nerfs and theirs gutting.

Blessing of martyr 15% DR completely gone.

Ethereal shell down to 15% 10% DR gone.

Spell dmg down to 5% 10% spell DR gone.

I know the healers were "unkillable" but think outside the box for a moment, not everyone played a healer. Admittedly, I still end up healing 90% of the time because we need them and I try to play to win, but only having Martyr, people could still kill me if 2-3 focused with heal debuffs. I can only debuff or heal, I gotta pick. Stun me and it gets harder.

Like I said nerf yes..but this...I dunno..seems a bit harsh.

Edit: Obviously I am not on the test shard, so if anyone has real experience with these changes so far, especially as a melee cleric, let me know how it pans out.
    Last edited by DaSneakyGit; 05-03-2011 at 05:23 PM.

This was definitely needed, high ranking clerics could easily tank 5+ people for 30+ seconds, the problem would only be exacerbated in the upcoming patch with near cc immunity. Hopefully it's enough.

so clerics healing themselves... if they spec ful heal AND are rank 5 or higher and tanking low level to average geared people.... is a problem

but a mage getting 15% damage bonus at the first slot in their pvp soul is ok?!!?
    more crit damage and crit % and damage in their pvp soul is ok for rogue, but defense isnt ok for the cleric?

this irony amazes me.

Ascendant

Valor is going to be mitigating 30% now. So what if you lose 15% when you gain 15%. Clerics will still be the most powerful class after 1.2.

Plane Touched

Losing 25% vs phsyical, 35% vs Magic. Shell was putting people over the top and was constantly up, and blessing was bugged to go off on all damage. Also, ya my valor is going up but hey, so is everyone elses. As I stated in my OP, not everyone plays a healing cleric, all this means for my Shaman is that I'll be doing even less damage and losing even more defense than everyone else. And as also previously stated, the rest of the cleric tree is pretty garbage still, I wouldn't mind the nerfs so much if they would actually put some useful skills in the tree for melee.

Default typical

Hate to say it, but we saw this coming miles away.

New games ALWAYS launch now with Clerics getting statistical bumps in stats and abilities to ensure the game has sufficient healers for both PVE and PVP content.

Once its clear that said game has a solid base of cleric players, some of those benefits go bye bye. Its happened in every significant MMO launch I can remember, and frankly I can't see a way around it, an MMO launch without sufficient healers would just be disastrous.

(MMO Product Manager of a game not to be named)

its a pseudo nerf, 32% dmg reduction from gear and with the rune coming gonna be another 1% so, And then specing into justicar = 48% dmg all the time. I can taste the tears of rogue, warriors and mages already. good luck killing senticars in pvp, o and aoe heals reduce dmg taken by 5%. so about 53% all the times, LOL. o boy gonna be rough as a cleric.

dmv

I'm sorry you're not a raid boss anymore.
    I'm not sorry that I'm going to eat you alive.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    I'm sorry you're not a raid boss anymore.
    I'm not sorry that I'm going to eat you alive.
    Truth good sig, you are going to eat everyone alive.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Champion

Compare this gutting to the pyromancer's GoS nerf. I wish we could get a kind nerf.

Champion of Telara

The right side of templar is amazing and the 20% extra valor DR makes up for what we lose quite nicely. It will actually take a bit of skill not to die as a cleric as opposed to every ****** being invincible. if you can't handle this, quit the game.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Plane Touched

Does anyone actually read posts or do they just act butthurt about a couple builds and flame?

I don't play a healer if I don't have to, I play a Shaman. The templar tree is GARBAGE for melee clerics. Not healer, not healing melee, just melee DPS clerics. I am losing a huge chunk of the survivability in the tree and gaining....nothing? Think outside the little "god-mode healer" box and think about how this effects the already hard to play souls in PvP...

The only benefit I can see is that my Shaman might purge things now and then with the new Martyr but meh, if I want to purge I'll just play an Inq.
    Last edited by DaSneakyGit; 05-04-2011 at 04:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast