+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Official Request: Change this Forum to Cry Babies

Thumbs down Official Request: Change this Forum to Cry Babies

Seriously. I'm certainly guilty of it too, but after about a month or two of just non-stop whining and crying about PVP, people calling each other "baddies" or "terrible players" telling them to "learn to play" so on and so forth, this is really the crying corner of the forums.

It's actually refreshing to see a few threads actually talking about strategy, builds, etc for PVP.. in other forums.

It's quite painful to read the PVP & Warfront forums at this point.

Thanks to the few of you who actually try to discuss issues in logical and thoughtful ways instead of just QQing like a little girl. =)

And now, I'll stop QQing about QQing. Continue about your business. =)
    Conwolv - <Despair> - Hailol US-Defiant - www.Despair-Gaming.com

Soulwalker

I couldn't agree more. I wanted to do this very same post earlier but got busy.

Rift Disciple

Then, create a new hidden forum that autobans on the phrases:

U mad? (u mad bro, etc.)
    Pwn
    Wow arena
    Pyros are op
    Clerics are op
    * are op
    Scrub
    Nub noob nublet noobie...
    Ur a bad
    Baddie
    And so forth.

It is bordering on wothless to argue against all this leetspeak spam. You try to discuss something, and they come back with an undiscernable wall of text of which, if deciphered, just proves they didn't read your post anyways.

I can get behind this.

Soulwalker

I don't disagree that that this forum is full of people complaining about how much imbalance there is in pvp. I want to point out that right now all the news networks are covering the death of Osama Bin Landen, what about the civil war in libya? My point is that people walk about what is important to them. I'd love to discuss strategy in pvp if I felt that my warrior had anything to contribute, but I don't.

Rift Disciple

If it was any interesting/well designed I'm sure there would be tons of classic threads about "this spec pwns", "this strat rox", "Who do I think is so very very good at PvP on my battlegroup" (god I hate these topics).

Right now I m cinderbursting through walls on my back, standing on my GoS while my cleric brother keep us alive tanking the whole Guardian team. The worste part is that is that its not even about class balancing, we had so freaking fun taking over Kargath as Vanilla's War/Paladin but the whole WF system is just dull, boring, and farmabily. PvP threads will start being fun when PvP system will.

Soulwalker

Learn to play, you baddie.

Telaran

Silence Conwolv, every class is OP, every class is gimp, MY class always requires more skill, YOURS is always a noob class.

Every class needs buffs, every class needs nerfs.

MYCLASSIDFORPREOZ!!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much the sentiment of the pvp forums imo.

Muppet Babies has a nicer ring to it
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

There was a "Cry More n00b" section of the forums for Dark Age of Camelot. It worked out well ~

http://www.palomides.net/viewforum.p...1aafc74889da5f
    Last edited by Cryptzilla; 05-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    ------------------------------------
    (50) Cryptrain - Warrior
    (50) Crypt - Cleric
    (50) Cryptek - Rogue
    [Danger Zone] / Defiant PVP Guild / Faemist
    My PVP Videos - http://crypt.upson.cc

Telaran

I agree with the OP.

I have noticed more coherent discussions about mechanics and play styles in the classes forums. I think for sure a big part about having a pvp forum area is to come bang on your chest, shed some tears, blow off some steam, and perhaps catch a cool video or two.

There is a place here for genuine discussions as well, I just honestly feel this is an area to Talk pvp too, which includes tears and flames.

That said.... L2Forum
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-04-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

I like "muppet babies" lol.

There's plenty of PvE topics that are just as bad though. Anything with "[class] DPS is . . ." for example. And you should have seen the random flood of tears that resulted from the announcement that they were scaling expert dungeons for one healer instead of two.

Really it's all the same problem. Just people who think video games are for proving their manliness, and become enraged when they fail to get the manly respect (and groupies) they deserve for their manly pixellated feats. No comment on the kind of hormones-to-IQ ratio necessary to hold such a belief
    Last edited by Stay; 05-04-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Use your guild forums. Usually not much on these forums worth looking at.

+ Reply to Thread