+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: I hope 1.2 is making prestige easier to obtain

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default I hope 1.2 is making prestige easier to obtain

    The number of warfronts you have to do in order to get even to rank 2 is enormous. The number you have to do to get above rank 2 is ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS! What was trion thinking, making it this incredibly hard? It's even harder if you don't have a premade. Premades should not be required to farm prestige, but that 's another topic altogether. Simply make warfronts give ALOT more prestige than they currently do. Also, I noticed times where the losing team members will get about one fifth the favor and prestige of the opposing team.

    How about actually giving the losing team SOME kind of consolation prize? I think getting half the favor/prestige of the winning team is fair, I mean cmon, losing to premades all day and getting one fifth the favor/prestige they do is absolutely a waste of time and drives me insane.
    Last edited by Ranera; 05-03-2011 at 03:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    this is a joke, right?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    this is a joke, right?
    You are a troll, right? Not everyone has no life, and all day to play and spam warfronts, like you apparently do. Don't post on my topic saying something so counter-productive.

  4. #4
    Banned Sawdomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    I agree.

    And this is coming from someone who finds plenty of time to play and groups up for pvp more often than not.

    It's not that it's "hard," but it's just so time consuming. For charging $15 a month to play they sure as hell make it hard to get anything done without putting aside 4-6 hours a day. That's seriously unfair to a large percentage of the player base. Not everyone is some little kid in mom's basement or a lazy college student sitting in their dorm all day. People have jobs, lives, etc. Games aren't fun when you have to drag your feet for months before even getting to 50 and P6.

  5. #5
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    I could care less about all the "Casual/Weekend Warrior" reasons, but if you want people to que up for a battleground knowing there is a premade, or knowing one side is on a hot streak, you better give them 50% what a winning team receives or you'll soon have (Which some already do) 30min que times.

    Also, that whole healers don't get as much favor is kinda lame... You can't really blame clerics for going dps in pugs.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Decap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Just hit 50 on my mage i have done about 15 warfronts and I'm almost rank 2. It's really not that much of a grind.
    PVP is the end-game!
    Decap - 38 rogue Deepstrike(g)
    Konga - 50 warrior Deepstrike(d)
    Renics - 43 Cleric Deepstrike(g)
    Kinetics - 50 Mage Deepstrike(g)

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    You are a troll, right? Not everyone has no life, and all day to play and spam warfronts, like you apparently do. Don't post on my topic saying something so counter-productive.
    Well first, excuse me if I will post wherever tha hell I want.
    Second: I had very serious doubts that your post is not a troll, since it is quiet absurd in nature, which is why you get the response you did.
    Third: You know nothing of my life. Sliding to a obvious troll AND calling me troll on top of that, is sure to get you discussion on your topic.... not.

    But by all means keep going. These boards are still a bit short on whiny self-righteous trolls who think they are entitled to everything because they "have life".

    On that topic I am 30, have an engineering job and own a house, not married though. How about you Mr. Ding-fries-are-ready?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Well first, excuse me if I will post wherever tha hell I want.
    Second: I had very serious doubts that your post is not a troll, since it is quiet absurd in nature, which is why you get the response you did.
    Third: You know nothing of my life. Sliding to a obvious troll AND calling me troll on top of that, is sure to get you discussion on your topic.... not.

    But by all means keep going. These boards are still a bit short on whiny self-righteous trolls who think they are entitled to everything because they "have life".

    On that topic I am 30, have an engineering job and own a house, not married though. How about you Mr. Ding-fries-are-ready?
    I bet you do have an engineering job. You sure are good at engineering ways to troll.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Decap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Well first, excuse me if I will post wherever tha hell I want.
    Second: I had very serious doubts that your post is not a troll, since it is quiet absurd in nature, which is why you get the response you did.
    Third: You know nothing of my life. Sliding to a obvious troll AND calling me troll on top of that, is sure to get you discussion on your topic.... not.

    But by all means keep going. These boards are still a bit short on whiny self-righteous trolls who think they are entitled to everything because they "have life".

    On that topic I am 30, have an engineering job and own a house, not married though. How about you Mr. Ding-fries-are-ready?
    Lol keep this going I need amusement for the train ride home
    PVP is the end-game!
    Decap - 38 rogue Deepstrike(g)
    Konga - 50 warrior Deepstrike(d)
    Renics - 43 Cleric Deepstrike(g)
    Kinetics - 50 Mage Deepstrike(g)

  10. #10
    Banned Sawdomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Decap View Post
    Just hit 50 on my mage i have done about 15 warfronts and I'm almost rank 2. It's really not that much of a grind.
    Even though you're seriously underestimating how many WFs you've played since, we'll go with it.

    15 warfronts, let's say 15 minutes each to play the WF itself. That's pretty standard. Ah, but you have to wait for groups to form between. So either you're on the "winning" faction that gets 30-60 minute queues, or you're on the "losing" faction that gets instant queues but incredibly marginal favor (in which case your 15 turns into about 75 or 100). Yeah, obviously ranking up is much more complicated than just having "done about 15 warfronts."

    Obviously it's going to take your average person (casuals are way more common than gamers, so don't bother explaining the best case scenario because that's not at all typical) a lot more than 15 warfronts to get P2. Factoring in queue times, premades, non-peak hours, life outside of Rift...

    Yeah, we need to make ranks easier to get. All the more casual folk will get burnt out from never progressing at a reasonable pace.

    I realize that no matter what, gamers like myself will always hit P6 before the casuals and all, but it's not very fair for casuals to spend 6-8 weeks for a few ranks when I can get to P6 in a month because of my infinitely more convenient schedule.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    I bet you do have an engineering job. You sure are good at engineering ways to troll.
    I'll have some ketchup and soda with that please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Decap View Post
    Lol keep this going I need amusement for the train ride home

    Decap - 38 rogue Faemist(g)
    Soulcleave - 50 warrior Lotham(d)
    Genbu - 43 Cleric Tearfall(g)
    Kinetics - 50 Mage Deepstrike(g)
    Life of someone with 2 max chars and 2 high levels must be pretty grim. I consider at a charity.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    Simply make warfronts give ALOT more prestige than they currently do.
    This is the worst idea, if there is any hope for world PvP this would crush it. More prestige in WFs would make people sit in town and que even more then they do now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    Also, I noticed times where the losing team members will get about one fifth the favor and prestige of the opposing team.

    How about actually giving the losing team SOME kind of consolation prize? I think getting half the favor/prestige of the winning team is fair, I mean cmon, losing to premades all day and getting one fifth the favor/prestige they do is absolutely a waste of time and drives me insane.
    Ever think that this is because the losing team doesnt get as many kills? At the end of the game, Winning team gets 600 and losing team gets 200(consolation prize maybe?) the rest is from kills. If you lose more than likely you had less kills as a team. Don't complain about something unless you know what you are complaining about.

    And on the premades subject, in all fairness you can't really call them premades there is only 5 of them max. Yes, those 5 can make a big difference but, cmon 5 out of 15 in a codex is maybe a squad but not a premade.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    771

    Default

    The prestige is quite a bit of a grind, and I'm personally only 65K/90K towards rank 3. Already it is getting pretty old.

    It shouldn't be so easy that everyone can just get it in a week. I do think it should be scaled according to the estimated time it would take someone to progress to T1->T2->raid content. Meaning total time spent running the instances.

    I think maybe a 20% reduction in prestige required per rank would be pretty close. It also depends on how queues are on your server, and what % of games you actually win. It isn't even simply the match bonus that makes the biggest difference. When one team is getting completely crushed they aren't getting all of the favor and prestige from the kills. 20 prestige might not sound like much but if your team just kills 10 players that 200 prestige is the same as the parting gift from a loss.

    Of course the no-lifers and premade rollers will be in here any minute to say welfare epics and that R6 is already too easy..

    I just think Trion went about this one wrong. People are more likely to continue playing if you don't make it feel like work. As it stands now the grind to rank 6 will make most people completely sick of WF's and less likely to continue playing. And before anyone says it, despite what you feel this mmo is, or should be, or was advertised to be, not everyone has interest in end-game raiding. Many people get to max level to pvp, and pve is more of a side project that maybe they get into here and there. Personally, I can't stand any end-game pve in any mmo game I've played. I know, go play fps right?

    I digress, maybe the class balancing will help, or the separate group/solo queues.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Decap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdomite View Post
    Even though you're seriously underestimating how many WFs you've played since, we'll go with it.

    15 warfronts, let's say 15 minutes each to play the WF itself. That's pretty standard. Ah, but you have to wait for groups to form between. So either you're on the "winning" faction that gets 30-60 minute queues, or you're on the "losing" faction that gets instant queues but incredibly marginal favor (in which case your 15 turns into about 75 or 100). Yeah, obviously ranking up is much more complicated than just having "done about 15 warfronts."

    Obviously it's going to take your average person (casuals are way more common than gamers, so don't bother explaining the best case scenario because that's not at all typical) a lot more than 15 warfronts to get P2. Factoring in queue times, premades, non-peak hours, life outside of Rift...

    Yeah, we need to make ranks easier to get. All the more casual folk will get burnt out from never progressing at a reasonable pace.

    I realize that no matter what, gamers like myself will always hit P6 before the casuals and all, but it's not very fair for casuals to spend 6-8 weeks for a few ranks when I can get to P6 in a month because of my infinitely more convenient schedule.
    I dont agree I feel the changes they are making will be good enough, patience people patience its just a game. And yea since 50 I have done about 15 warfronts, I have won most. I don't understand why people are whining so much. It's a gear based game what did you expect? Wow is like this. You are basically playing wow. If u get rolled get up try again. Stop trolling.


    Ps Excuse my grammer I've been up since 5 am
    PVP is the end-game!
    Decap - 38 rogue Deepstrike(g)
    Konga - 50 warrior Deepstrike(d)
    Renics - 43 Cleric Deepstrike(g)
    Kinetics - 50 Mage Deepstrike(g)

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartaan I View Post
    This is the worst idea, if there is any hope for world PvP this would crush it. More prestige in WFs would make people sit in town and que even more then they do now.



    Ever think that this is because the losing team doesnt get as many kills? At the end of the game, Winning team gets 600 and losing team gets 200(consolation prize maybe?) the rest is from kills. If you lose more than likely you had less kills as a team. Don't complain about something unless you know what you are complaining about.

    And on the premades subject, in all fairness you can't really call them premades there is only 5 of them max. Yes, those 5 can make a big difference but, cmon 5 out of 15 in a codex is maybe a squad but not a premade.
    I know EXACTLY what I was complaining about. I just didn't feel the need to spell it all out. Here, I will simplify it like this: Give 100 percent more favor/prestige when losing a match than you currently obtain. That way, when you lose and have no kills since your team is spawn camped, you get SOMETHING for your time. And, you actually have a reason to queue again. (keep in mind, 100 percent more than current for losing is still not even half what the other team gets.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts