+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfront grind and lack of open world pvp will be rifts demise.

Rift Disciple

Default Warfront grind and lack of open world pvp will be rifts demise.

Seriously, I am SO sick and tired of grinding warfronts as the only way to obtain pvp gear. I am a pvp player, I love pvp, but sometimes I just want to have some good old fashioned pvp in the open world. I think it is REQUIRED that trion make kills in the open world grant 5 times more prestige and favor than they currently do.

That would, in my opinion, give another way of getting pvp gear besides just grinding warfronts ALL day. Tired of depending on teams which, unless premade, are complete trash.

Trion also NEEDS to make an event similar to zone invasions, except it will be some kind of artifact that spawns very frequently in different areas of each zone, and it must be captured by one faction or the other, and when it is captured it rewards a significant amount of prestige and favor. (Trion can be the ones to figure out exactly what mechanics to use for this)

Anyway, I would LOVE to actually do open world pvp since that's the main reason i play games. Killing invasions all day does NOT cut it anymore.

Rift Disciple

i say give us a emain daoc style....

one large open pvp area so groups can roam. maybe with keeps too
    Devotion/Octobeast - Aion - Uprising
    Orion - WAR - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - AOC - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - Lineage2 - RK/Uprising
    Orion - DAOC - Nolby Pride
    Orion/Smoke - UO - 6i6/-7-

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by OrionTC View Post
    i say give us a emain daoc style....

one large open pvp area so groups can roam. maybe with keeps too
    I never played that game, but yes, anything. Anything besides warfronts.... why don't they just call them.... grindfronts.... gonna... take a nap.....so... tired of....grindfronts...
    Last edited by Ranera; 05-03-2011 at 04:29 PM.

I support a persistent RvR region containing enough drawcards to see people populate it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    I never played that game, but yes, anything. Anything besides warfronts.... why don't they just call them.... grindfronts.... gonna... take a nap.....so... tired of....grindfronts...
    Yea, you probably grinded 50 non PvP levels in those too, making you know them as nothing but grinding as well as pve grinding, just to get to pvp rank one where you should have been in the first place.

Grinding 4 characters 250 levels just to pvp on one shard is a flaw in this pvp. I talk on the forums more than play the game now because of this flaw.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 05:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread