+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cause hopping to fatigue.

Rift Disciple

Default Cause hopping to fatigue.

Simple you hop 4-5 or whatever times in a row in x amount of seconds you get a fatigued debuff..hp, energy, mana regen all slowed and a snare like effect.

Make it stacking ..up to say 10..at 10 you regen nothing and you have a 80% speed debuff.

Rift Disciple

Lol this is pathetic. You mad when people roll you and hop all over the place? Seems like it. How about no.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrified View Post
    Lol this is pathetic. You mad when people roll you and hop all over the place? Seems like it. How about no.
    Easy for the warrior to say while he does all his damage with instant casts hopping around

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Terrified View Post

Yes that was pathetic. Your reply is garbage.
    Save your air until you have something worth a damn to utter.

Anyway...

Hopping is ridiculous and there is no justifiable reason for not being hindered in some manner. Stop catering to the lowest rung of PvPer's in MMO's.

It will not significantly alter the game other then to make your game more appealing to players..why?..It doesn't look asinine. Aesthetics..its why you spend hours and hours deciding on what a pair of boots should look like.

This thread is asinine. Seriously? your complaint is that jumping doesnt look good so it should cause a play hindering effect that can completely shut down someone?

Grow up. You can either be as stupid as you sound or a caster upset about non-casters ability to move and jump while fighting while you can't always do that which just makes you two-faced. the ability to jump doesn't have any affect on actual combat unless you use it to climb a hill.

This whole thread sounds like someone that got hit by a jumper and got all sore. "Hopping is ridiculous and there is no justifiable reason for not being hindered in some manner." There is no reason getting hit by a sword shouldn't completely interrupt spell casts, theres no reason being assassinated isn't instantly fatal, same with being set on fire, Oh except they damage the over all combat model rather than being helpful, kinda like this thread.

I'd suggest the same advice you gave a previous poster, but that would be wishing muteness on someone and i think that's against the forum rules.
    THE TRANSITION TO REAL LIFE
    PVP:I joined the military to snipe some punks but everyone cries too much when i team kill.>_<
    PVE:so I decided to go hunting, which was pretty fun till i accidentally right clicked a critter, freaking little girl wouldn't stop crying about her cat.
    Crafting:bug report: fix the wood nodes! they aren't sparkly so i cant find them!

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Easy for the warrior to say while he does all his damage with instant casts hopping around
    Jumping has absolutely zero bearing on gameplay. It doesn't change your speed or make maintaining LoS on you harder, it's just some subconscious reaction people do when they think they're going to die.

That said...

All the warrior "instant casts" have swing timers and can't be cast from 30 meters out. Not so instant. (The true instant hits, like Inescapable Fury and Turn the Blade, can only proc off of things like missed hits, parries, etc. and all have cooldowns.)

There is a pyro among us who uses his keyboard to turn methinks...

Rift Disciple

Lol this is so ridiculous. I play a cleric. Yes I do jump while healing myself while melee try there hardest to kill me. They jump too. They sometimes kill me. I cast a lot too with abilities with cast times. This just sounds like a caster who has to cast and gets tired of getting trained on by melee that jump all over them because you still can't beat them, even though you don't have to face them anymore at the end of your cast to hit them. I can't believe you're really whining and wanting people to basically stand in one spot to attack. Next we'll need it so that walking disorients you so you miss. and walking through someone is impossible when attacking.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xtriadx View Post
    Yes that was pathetic. Your reply is garbage.
    Save your air until you have something worth a damn to utter.

Anyway...

Hopping is ridiculous and there is no justifiable reason for not being hindered in some manner. Stop catering to the lowest rung of PvPer's in MMO's.

It will not significantly alter the game other then to make your game more appealing to players..why?..It doesn't look asinine. Aesthetics..its why you spend hours and hours deciding on what a pair of boots should look like.
    You realize you're telling them to ignore you. Point taken.

Shadowlander

Hopping seems to have no effect from what I can tell. I find it funny when I kill the giant idiot bunny when in the air. Maybe it is an advantage because at first it makes me laugh. Lighten up a bit perhaps?

And how many people hop all the time? I faced my first in a WF today. I was amused.

Rift Disciple

I would like the developers to note the mentality and character of the posters who think its "ridiculous" to hinder a dumb action like jumping. They don't even read.

My primary complaint is aesthetic and common sense. Its stupid looking and makes no sense.

(If you cannot reply in a constructive/reasonable/rational/adult manner(no matter your opinion) then don't.)

Quote Originally Posted by jdela13 View Post
    Hopping seems to have no effect from what I can tell. I find it funny when I kill the giant idiot bunny when in the air. Maybe it is an advantage because at first it makes me laugh. Lighten up a bit perhaps?

And how many people hop all the time? I faced my first in a WF today. I was amused.

They are often the easiest kills and depending on your souls one of the easiest to use to harm their own side.
    That's not my complaint.
    Last edited by xtriadx; 05-03-2011 at 05:08 PM.

I'd like the target circle around them remain while they are bunny hopping.
    That is the only advantage I see to hopping, when you are tanning targets and can't tell if you have the correct person until they land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xtriadx View Post
    I would like the developers to note the mentality and character of the posters who think its "ridiculous" to hinder a dumb action like jumping. They don't even read.

My primary complaint is aesthetic and common sense. Its stupid looking and makes no sense.

(If you cannot reply in a constructive/reasonable/rational/adult manner(no matter your opinion) then don't.)

They are often the easiest kills and depending on your souls one of the easiest to use to harm their own side.
    That's not my complaint.
    So Jumping should be nerfed and you debuffed because it makes you look stupid? What if you're trying to pvp and jump over something? Have to jump over a log while running? Maybe on a table? Like I said. I can't believe you're really whining about this LOL. Even PvE could require it and it could cause problems.

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

+1

/signed for debuff
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Rift Disciple

Oh yeah, that would make the game into a turn-based MMO since we wouldn't be able to move lol. And leaving warriors/rogues unable to attack after a few attacks.

Rift Disciple

I have no idea of the truth of this but the people I know that bunny hop say that it is an exploit that prevents stuns.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast