+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terrible Terrible warfront server matches.

Default Terrible Terrible warfront server matches.

Really. I have come to the understanding that servers are matched, usually in groups of three, to fight against eachother in warfronts.

You have matched some of these groups so bad it is just sad.

I am from Galena. My shard can not win a warfront on our own. We need to have a decent-large amount of players from Rasmolov (the server we are matched with) to win. This is because the servers are terribly matched.

Rasmolov : PvP shard, many people rank 6 and geared, people on the shard have completed t2 experts and Greenscale's Blight and have gear from those instances.

Galena : PvE shard, Higher than rank 2 is extremely rare, people on the shard have completed t1 experts, approximately 6 t2 dungeons have been completed. The majority of people are geared with t1 drops, a very small amount has t2 gear.

*Galena is around 3-4 weeks behind Rasmolov*

Do you see what i'm getting at here? It is a very very hard challenge for us to win. We have tried premades from my guild (The only gaurdian guild that has done any T2s atm) and we still win about 1/10. To make it even better, Rasmolov is a PvP shard. There is a guild, Unity (defiant), that runs as a premade all of the time. And for god knows why, there is never a gaurdian preset to help us win.

So now my little Galena shard is constantly paired up against prestige 6 geared premades with gear that has never even been dropped on our shard, and they are from a pvp shard, in a pvp guild, and know what they are doing.

So I know a bunch of kids are going to only read "Premade" and start whining. So if you want you can pretend I never said anything about premades. Now you can just think about the huge differences in Pvp Ranks, gear, and dungeons/raids being run. Oh and the teeny little fact that
    MY PVE SHARD IS MATCHED AGAINST A PVP SHARD

Did you really not think of any of this Trion?

TL;DR:

My PvE shard is matched up against a PvP shard. That PvP shard has many people prestige 6 in PvP gear and gear that drops from t2 experts and Greenscale raids. My shard is only doing t1s. This makes no sense and the very least Trion could do is match PvE with PvE. It would also help if you didnt match us with a server 3-4 weeks ahead of us.

My pve shard is matched up against 2 pvp shards and I like it that way. It's funny when they yell and scream. And they aren't very good either, so I fit right in.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    My pve shard is matched up against 2 pvp shards and I like it that way. It's funny when they yell and scream. And they aren't very good either, so I fit right in.
    Is your shard running t1 while the PvP shards are running Greenscale? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Is your shard running t1 while the PvP shards are running Greenscale? >.>
    I personally haven't even been in king's breach, much less any t1. I think it's safe to say all 3 shards are running greenscale, although I don't have any definitive proof. They're all pretty high pops.
    Last edited by Tugrath; 05-03-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Really. I have come to the understanding that servers are matched, usually in groups of three, to fight against eachother in warfronts.

You have matched some of these groups so bad it is just sad.

I am from Galena. My shard can not win a warfront on our own. We need to have a decent-large amount of players from Rasmolov (the server we are matched with) to win. This is because the servers are terribly matched.

Rasmolov : PvP shard, many people rank 6 and geared, people on the shard have completed t2 experts and Greenscale's Blight and have gear from those instances.

Galena : PvE shard, Higher than rank 2 is extremely rare, people on the shard have completed t1 experts, approximately 6 t2 dungeons have been completed. The majority of people are geared with t1 drops, a very small amount has t2 gear.

*Galena is around 3-4 weeks behind Rasmolov*

Do you see what i'm getting at here? It is a very very hard challenge for us to win. We have tried premades from my guild (The only gaurdian guild that has done any T2s atm) and we still win about 1/10. To make it even better, Rasmolov is a PvP shard. There is a guild, Unity (defiant), that runs as a premade all of the time. And for god knows why, there is never a gaurdian preset to help us win.

So now my little Galena shard is constantly paired up against prestige 6 geared premades with gear that has never even been dropped on our shard, and they are from a pvp shard, in a pvp guild, and know what they are doing.

So I know a bunch of kids are going to only read "Premade" and start whining. So if you want you can pretend I never said anything about premades. Now you can just think about the huge differences in Pvp Ranks, gear, and dungeons/raids being run. Oh and the teeny little fact that
    MY PVE SHARD IS MATCHED AGAINST A PVP SHARD

Did you really not think of any of this Trion?

TL;DR:

My PvE shard is matched up against a PvP shard. That PvP shard has many people prestige 6 in PvP gear and gear that drops from t2 experts and Greenscale raids. My shard is only doing t1s. This makes no sense and the very least Trion could do is match PvE with PvE. It would also help if you didnt match us with a server 3-4 weeks ahead of us.
    This is a huge problem and many don't fully understand how bad it is. Most turn this problem into a pug vs premade argument and thats not entirely true. As you stated you try to make a premade but being behind in gear against other premades you still have no chance. If you are a premade maybe you have a chance against a pug even though they have way better gear, maybe.

The people that keep saying just get in a premade yourself are the ones on the side with hardcore premades making it easy for them. Then they take credit and call players like yourself terrible or lazy. It's a problem that will annoy the competitive people, such as the defiant guild you mentioned that want a real challenge, and people like yourself. It could be fixed by merging servers or having more servers grouped together in warfronts. There is no reason to not combine more servers for warfronts besides ping issues - so we will see if this is even a possibility.

Telaran

Just so you know I win all the time on my server and am completely geared out. I was geared out because winning is easy on my server. I never got all hardcore about pvping and mostly queued up solo. Even I'm bored with it and I'm not out in premades looking for other well made premades, but for me it's not just because of the lack of a challenge its because instanced PvP never fully interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by HippoNipple View Post
    This is a huge problem and many don't fully understand how bad it is. Most turn this problem into a pug vs premade argument and thats not entirely true. As you stated you try to make a premade but being behind in gear against other premades you still have no chance. If you are a premade maybe you have a chance against a pug even though they have way better gear, maybe.

The people that keep saying just get in a premade yourself are the ones on the side with hardcore premades making it easy for them. Then they take credit and call players like yourself terrible or lazy. It's a problem that will annoy the competitive people, such as the defiant guild you mentioned that want a real challenge, and people like yourself. It could be fixed by merging servers or having more servers grouped together in warfronts. There is no reason to not combine more servers for warfronts besides ping issues - so we will see if this is even a possibility.
    Its nice to see someone else understands this. Personally, I enjoy more PvE. That is why I chose a PvE shard, but I still enjoy PvP sometimes. I really wish I could go into a warfront for a little fun every once and a while. It was great for level 1-49, everything seemed balanced since everyone was always around the same level and had about the same gear. Now at level 50, there are gaps as big as t1 vs Greenscale.

I just wish the server would be matched with another server that is around our level in terms of dungeon progress. That way I could pop in for a warfront every once and a while and actually have fun and a chance at winning.

+ Reply to Thread