+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp gives x9822 less money than pve

Sword of Telara

Default pvp gives x9822 less money than pve

and this is a fact!
    (got 30p from lvl 1-50,and i never bought 1 thing from AH nor anything besides food,skills)
    yay i can ride with my turtle in the huge whitefall...its super 60% mount!
    Last edited by Nodisplay; 05-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Um. I don't think PvP means your supposed to level using only pvp...

Its not like quests dont exist on pvp shards...

Also some people try to actually make money by crafting items (bags, weapons, runes etc) and selling them.
    PvE people do not expect to make all the money they ever need from questing,
    PvP people should not expect to make all the money they ever need from PvPing
    Last edited by GriffonHawke; 05-03-2011 at 01:34 PM.

I only got 100 plat at 50 and I pve'ed and didn't use the ah either.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    and this is a fact!
    (got 30p from lvl 1-50,and i never bought 1 thing from AH nor anything besides food,skills)
    yay i can ride with my turtle in the huge whitefall...its super 60% mount!
    x9822 isn't anywhere close to a fact.

Shadowlander

who are you kidding questing is a huge money maker.

Telaran

I don't like complaining for selfish reasons, but I have to agree with this. I don't see a single reason why queuing WFs shouldn't give you the same Pt/hour as doing daily quests/farming mobs/running dungeons. Same could be said for crafting mats.

I'm playing fairly casually at the moment - I run 2-3 WFs maybe a few more if there's a good mix of people at the moment and that's it. I'm stuck at 85 Pt. I barely make enough to cover the occasional respec.

monetary gain is pretty much negligible in pvp, i've earned around 15p r1-r5.2

same amount of time in pve would net hundreds of plat

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lamenterm View Post
    who are you kidding questing is a huge money maker.
    Its certainly more than PvP, but huge is an overstatement. My first character I quested till about 20, then purely PvP'd till about 34 and was sitting on a whopping 7p. I decided to make a new character and quest only just so I could afford the epic mount when I hit 50. Right now at level 41 I have about 51p, which comes from selling trash, auctioning what I can and selling the rare artifacts I find that people want to buy. I think I'll be able to afford the level 50 mount when I hit that level, or be really close.

But anyway, PvP'ers should have a lot more options to them. If they want to level purely from PvP, where's the harm in that? My only complaint is that PvP'ers should have more gear choices. Players can't even buy full sets of armor for their level range. They get a handful of pieces here and there, but it's not enough. If players wants to spend their Favor as they earn it, they should have pieces available to choose from. Others can obviously just save for higher level PvP gear if that's what they choose.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HippoNipple View Post
    x9822 isn't anywhere close to a fact.
    well if you take the money pvper will make lvls 1-50 and multiple it by 9822 you will get the money that the PVE guy could get in that time(till r6)
    its 5p from pvp lvls 1-50 against 500p lvls 1-50 pve
    and this even without ranks

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    well if you take the money pvper will make lvls 1-50 and multiple it by 9822 you will get the money that the PVE guy could get in that time(till r6)
    its 5p from pvp lvls 1-50 against 500p lvls 1-50 pve
    and this even without ranks
    The PvE'rs on my server, a few in the goon squad who are on these forums hate me because I was selling bows and stuff at half what they were because our pvp start off weapons for a level 50 are well, you got shat on pvp.

We got so many pvers sitting here selling **** for 18p, etc.

When the pvpers need to avoid this pve ****storm pricing of weapons and go on to rank one pvp, with a full set of rank one gear to start with.

Let the pvers buy the pve gear, and the pvpers use the pvp gear.

You really, really shat on the low level pvp'ers and cannot deny it, and everyone gets shat on que wise when they're ques are segregated.

Money would be 0 Problem for a player that is created and already rank 1 pvp with r1 gear. why? he gets what he needs with faction.

Go apoth/foraging, and well that is EVERYTHING.

Oh you'd have to buy bags, and buffs from armorsmith, weaponsmith, artificer, outfitter.. thats where the money should come from and be spent on, on a pvp server, pots, buffs, bags

Very simple. Cannot believe it.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 05-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

Although I agree with the idea of more monetary compensation in pvp, iirc next patch has the port scion rep mounts available for purchase with only favor.
    Last edited by Brioche; 05-03-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

IMO

PvP-ing in a BG should not give character leveling XP or monetary rewards (except for quest turn ins)

(this would also help solve part of the jumping afker's issue)
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 05-03-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Sword of Telara

pvp does not give money AT ALL.

Ascendant

I think the whole way loot is gained during WF's should be changed.

Having to loot corpses and roll on items during non-stop pvp is just not the way to go. There has to be a better way to do it, and rolls should hapepn at the end of a warfront.

+ Reply to Thread