+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All Puggers Should Roll Pyros

Default All Puggers Should Roll Pyros

Been reading the pyro complaint threads and the premade complaint threads, and they're about even in number. And even premade players don't like pyros.

So what if all puggers rolled pyros? We might even squeeze in some heals if pyro/chloro builds are remotely viable. (Are they?)

Yes, it's true, premades who roll out all pyros will still beat us, but they'll have to play a pyro to do it, and a lot of them are trying to farm us for favor on their preferred mains/alts and don't want to roll a mage.

And since we don't want to fight them but they insist, and since Trion clearly isn't going to do a thing about the situation, maybe it's time to fight...yes, I'm going to say it!

Fire with fire.

No idea if this will work as I've hardly played pyro at all and have avoided it for WFs, but now I've lost all sympathy for my opponents, as they are inevitably easymode premades, so if it will work, let's do it.

any mage
    any ranged cleric or the justi / sent melee healer variants or the just / temp / inq pvp tank build

rogues you kinda have to have NB, bard or MM in there (assassin will be better with next patch)
    warriors you kinda have to have RB or VK or both in there

Clerics and Mages have way more choices in PVP than warriors and rogues
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    any mage
    any ranged cleric or the justi / sent melee healer variants or the just / temp / inq pvp tank build

rogues you kinda have to have NB, bard or MM in there (assassin will be better with next patch)
    warriors you kinda have to have RB or VK or both in there

Clerics and Mages have way more choices in PVP than warriors and rogues
    Hm. The other thing I was thinking was rogue, stealthy version. Just stealth all over unless a chance to do something constructive happens, that way, they get no free kills.

Edited to add: And then there's the possibililty of full dom pugs, just roam around squirreling them until they go crazy with frustration, but sadly, my favorite of all the souls seems to be about to hit the chopping block with the upcoming cc changes. Or so lots of people are saying.
    Last edited by joanlewiswrites; 05-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    Been reading the pyro complaint threads and the premade complaint threads, and they're about even in number. And even premade players don't like pyros.

So what if all puggers rolled pyros? We might even squeeze in some heals if pyro/chloro builds are remotely viable. (Are they?)

Yes, it's true, premades who roll out all pyros will still beat us, but they'll have to play a pyro to do it, and a lot of them are trying to farm us for favor on their preferred mains/alts and don't want to roll a mage.

And since we don't want to fight them but they insist, and since Trion clearly isn't going to do a thing about the situation, maybe it's time to fight...yes, I'm going to say it!

Fire with fire.

No idea if this will work as I've hardly played pyro at all and have avoided it for WFs, but now I've lost all sympathy for my opponents, as they are inevitably easymode premades, so if it will work, let's do it.

I can imagine a premade of all Stormcallers being even more effective. Certainly not as unkillable but would be entertaining.

If the idea of an all pyro premade popped up on my shard I'd be down.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
    I can imagine a premade of all Stormcallers being even more effective. Certainly not as unkillable but would be entertaining.

If the idea of an all pyro premade popped up on my shard I'd be down.
    Reclaimer has one. It's awesome only facing a 5 Pyro, 1 Chloro, 2 Cleric, 2 Warrior premade for 4 hour periods at a time. Like pulling teeth, but you get Favour and Prestige for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Reclaimer has one. It's awesome only facing a 5 Pyro, 1 Chloro, 2 Cleric, 2 Warrior premade for 4 hour periods at a time. Like pulling teeth, but you get Favour and Prestige for it.
    Fighting a premade with a premade won't work, as premades easily avoid each other.

Puggers as individuals need to either roll a main to annoy the premades (at least in some brackets) or have an annoying alt ready to switch to when the premades get going (not that they aren't almost always going, at least on my shard cluster).

Whatever will cost them favor, patience, and time is perfect, if pyro won't at least rack puggers up some favor of their own through sheer kills, then maybe something else will work better. Anything but going up against the same premades over and over and losing.

The other option of course is simply to not queue.

And in my case, that will mean not playing, as break-free questing and grinding are both proving incredibly boring after level 15 or so.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by joanlewiswrites View Post
    Fighting a premade with a premade won't work, as premades easily avoid each other.

Puggers as individuals need to either roll a main to annoy the premades (at least in some brackets) or have an annoying alt ready to switch to when the premades get going (not that they aren't almost always going, at least on my shard cluster).

Whatever will cost them favor, patience, and time is perfect, if pyro won't at least rack puggers up some favor of their own through sheer kills, then maybe something else will work better. Anything but going up against the same premades over and over and losing.

The other option of course is simply to not queue.

And in my case, that will mean not playing, as break-free questing and grinding are both proving incredibly boring after level 15 or so.
    Try rolling on a PvE server because friends said it would be "AWESOME". All anyone ever wants to do is quest, grind out rep, and run the same exact instance killing the same exact mobs whose rotations never differ an iota from time to time over and over again. And don't even get me started on the e-peen floppers getting all hot and bothered over PvE achievements. I absolutely cannot wait for transfers/mergers. But enough of me being bitter, on to the topic at hand.

Part of me says that premades deserve to be able to roll through pugs because they're putting extra effort in to be organized in the WFs. The other part of me says that, if the premades really want to be competitive (as they no doubt do; what other reason would you form a premade for?), then they should be put in a separate warfront queue for premades only. However, I like your creative solutions more.

There are more people trying Pyro and because of this, there are more Pyros dying. You can just imagine the dumb and confused look on their face as you CC them - they never noticed you purged GoS out from under them...

Actually, all puggers should just unsub and uninstall. I did. And dropping back by the board just to let people know that I confirmed what I already suspected- power leveling RMT sites do offer pvp services along with everything else. I figured the constant premade vs pug action I saw every day was fueled by something more than the honest desire of life's losers to stomp on life's more disorganized losers.

Sword of Telara

why do people think if you play a pyro, you can't die?
    guess it's the lack of experience (GoD) ain't even that good, aye sounds good immunity to CC, but what's the point if you must rooted in place

Telaran

Only class for win win pvp right now.

Made one because we have no choice but I am fully expecting it to be nerfed. I will be extremely annoyed if this happens before I get this second alt to 50. My main is Cleric and got a bit tired of getting owned by pyros. Not sure why they are not balanced in with everyone else but clearly not. Doesnt feel quite so OP at low levels but at 50 with even tier 1 expert gear its easy pvp farming.

I dont share the original posters view on premades nor the general hate. Nothing to stop the rest of us from making our own premades. Given the number of people that went and made Pyros alts I suspect many classes will be forced out of wfs all together when all our alts hit 50.
    Last edited by Dethstar; 05-04-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    PC1 - Mobo: MSI Big Bang Xpower CPU: i7 750 @ 4.1 GHz - GPU: 6990 + 6970 trifire @ 850/1150 - RAM: 12GB DDR3 GSkill CL6 - OS: Windows 7 on Kingston SSD 64gb
    PC2- Mobo:Asus Rampage III - CPU: i7 980x @ 4.3 Ghz GPU:2 x 580's ( - RAM:12GB DDR3 Corsair CL9 OS: Windows 7 on Samsung SSD 128gb

+ Reply to Thread