+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dying Ques & Now What?

Rift Disciple

Default Dying Ques & Now What?

In the last few weeks, I have noticed the same peeps in most Scion ques. Now last few nights, the ques are popping up every 30 minutes on our cluster most of the time. Is this a trend of a typical launch drop off similar to WAR and other premature MMOs? I had high hopes for Rift as a PvP'er. And yes 1.2 has me somewhat excited as a causal skilled player. I, like many log in for a couple hours on most nights just to get my pvp fill due to my profession and real life commitments. Also I have not yet or plan on running dungeon because of that. The biggest sell for me concerning Rift, was no team ratings and equal access to pvp and it's endgame gear....WoW imo dropped the ball in this department. Blizzard treating their casuals as 2nd class citizens....tis why I hope Rift picks up pvp activity or else once again it may be time to dust of the old skool MMOs such as Daoc in order to utilize ones limited time.

If ques do continue on like this and I assume other server clusters are feeling the same waits, will we end up as one big cluster. Fine by me if it does come down to it, but hopefully not to late. Anyways, the watered down WoW model is already dull and unimaginative here....but bottom line, even though we have few WFs and no RVR model to use as a carrot, fast ques can help subs endure the /yawns. Pk'n has and will always cure the flaws and lack of focus to most pvp models. As proven in MMOs before.

Where does Rift go next concerning? And if someone mentions the 'rock, paper, scissors' arena system Blizzard uses, I will biatch slap them!:P That's just team duels and not much else!

Lets see open RVR w/ carebear flag or zone system at least! Just dont zerg the monkeys like Mythic did in WAR and keep pvp interesting and challenging in an interactive environment...ask pre-cu SWG, AO, Daoc, etc.

And to top this off...'where is the actual war' to Rift's pvp? Bring it please. If Rift does one day adopt RvR...I am sure many here will be long past this and onto the next big MMO. But it doesnt hurt to imagine.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 05-03-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Sez

Everyone grab a club, this topic hasn't been beaten into the ground enough already!

(There are other threads on this topic)
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Everyone grab a club, this topic hasn't been beaten into the ground enough already!

(There are other threads on this topic)
    OMG I just got mall copped ^^. Lawlz.

Anyways 2nd visit to this community and only few minutes to stay this round. Sorry I broke your rules.:P

+ Reply to Thread