+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Neddra's Essence + 30% dmg reuction from new valor ger =100% immunity?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    60

    Default Neddra's Essence + 30% dmg reuction from new valor ger =100% immunity?

    In addition to the above changes, we're placing a cap on the percent of damage that can be reduced by pure damage reduction effects from spells and abilities in PvP.

    This will only affect PvP game play and is currently capped at 75%. The cap will have no effect on Armor Mitigation, Spell Resistances or Valor as those all occur before pure damage reduction is applied.
    Neddra's Essence due to the change will mean only 75% dmg reduction from players... but what about the cap having no effect on valor? valor is getting a huge buff, filling in that remaining 25% mitigation with valor will be no problem. So even with changes does this mean warlocks will get a 100% dmg reduction ability vs. players on a 3 min timer?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    115

    Default

    It sounds like valor (etc.) occurs first, ie, you reduce the amount by 30%, then reduce what's left by the other 75%. That would be equivalent to about 82.5% damage reduction, rather than 100%.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple swiftynshifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    No you can no longer get 100% damage reduction even with pvp gear. As stated by trion the midagation from your pvp gear will hapen be for any other midagation. So in other words if you have 30% midagation from pvp gear and some one hits you with a spell that dose 100 damag, your pvp gear will drop the 100 damage to 70 damage. You then can only midagate 75 percent of that damage. So you are still takeing 25% of 70 damage.
    Last edited by swiftynshifty; 05-03-2011 at 10:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts