+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: The final word on premades

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Godless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default The final word on premades

    Those advocating for the abolishment of premades are living in a fantasy world. This is an MMO, and yes many of us like to organize PVP much the same way you organize for Raids.

    That being said, there is plenty of room for both pug and premade options. One solution previously offered was to allow premades and soloists to queue up separately. The only real issue with this is that there are fewer groups signing up so the wait time might increase. This is easly mitigated by simply expanding the server pool (to perhaps all shards) for group/premade pvp.

    As a PVPr this is the best of both worlds. I can solo in the morning while my mates are not on, and I can premade and **** face in the evening against more competitive teams.

    Again, the solution need not be either or, but rather BOTH.

    Lastly, Trion you need to get better about responding to the community, I fear we are losing players that I could be farming simply because you have not responded to what seems to be a much larger issue then the Pyro fiasco.

    That is all.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default Exactly Correct, BUMP!

    You nailed it Godless. Give me competitive team based PVP over this PUG farming any day.

    Please do something to keep the PVErs in PVP, its so much easier to get my prestige

  3. #3
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    No one is trying to get rid of Premades dude. But for the love of God, I want my premade to finally meet challenges. It gets boring day in, and day out completely destroying PUGs. What are people afraid of? If premades like mine beat other premades, they can learn from us.

    In fact we also need raid vs raid queueing.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-03-2011 at 08:31 AM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default Can you read?

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    No one is trying to get rid of Premades dude. But for the love of God, I want my premade to finally meet challenges. It gets boring day in, and day out completely destroying PUGs. What are people afraid of? If premades like mine beat other premades, they can learn from us.

    In fact we also need raid vs raid queueing.
    I just read 3 posts advocating for completely doing away with premades, not changing the que system, it took like 30 seconds. There are those out there that want just that. I want competitive pvp not pug farming.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medeival View Post
    I just read 3 posts advocating for completely doing away with premades, not changing the que system, it took like 30 seconds. There are those out there that want just that. I want competitive pvp not pug farming.
    I see at least 20 THREADS on two pages asking for seperate queues, which needs to happen. Not only that, but the queue system also needs to be Global.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Ugg.... expanding to all clusters is a TERRIBLE IDEA. I don't want to lose my rivalries, and love seeing familiar faces on the other side...

    Without that, I would probobly quit rift as there would be no other reason to play since there is no world pvp....

  7. #7
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Ugg.... expanding to all clusters is a TERRIBLE IDEA. I don't want to lose my rivalries, and love seeing familiar faces on the other side...

    Without that, I would probobly quit rift as there would be no other reason to play since there is no world pvp....
    Already we're facing 20 min, sometimes 30 min queues on the weekend, and I've seen queues as long as an hour on the weekdays. PUGs are quitting the Warfronts in mass, so either they open up the Queues to all servers, or they find a better way for PUGs to compete, or none of us will get the Queues we want to enjoy.

    I switched servers, along with as many as 8 in my guild, making new toons just to get shorter queues.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-03-2011 at 08:40 AM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default How ridiculous

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Ugg.... expanding to all clusters is a TERRIBLE IDEA. I don't want to lose my rivalries, and love seeing familiar faces on the other side...

    Without that, I would probobly quit rift as there would be no other reason to play since there is no world pvp....
    Dude, I'm sorry...Global queues are a terrible idea? WTF. How can increasing the player base EVER be less than positive. It will take about 3 WF matches for you to figure out which guilds on Deepstrike are ****** you....errrrr, your new "rivalry".

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I agree with both giving premades and solo's separate que's and the pooling of more shards in WF groups. There's been some debate that some premade's will just try to time the solo que so they end up in the same instance but to me doing that will just separate the men from the boys. I'm a pugger btw and actually enjoy the challenge of beating a premade. It's few and far between but has been known to happen.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Godless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    159

    Default Trion reponse

    I just hope we get some sort of response from Trion before player erosion ends this game.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    I doubt there's more than a couple hundred people queueing across all shards anyway. I know I see the same people game after game night after night.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless One View Post
    Those advocating for the abolishment of premades are living in a fantasy world. This is an MMO, and yes many of us like to organize PVP much the same way you organize for Raids.

    That being said, there is plenty of room for both pug and premade options. One solution previously offered was to allow premades and soloists to queue up separately. The only real issue with this is that there are fewer groups signing up so the wait time might increase. This is easly mitigated by simply expanding the server pool (to perhaps all shards) for group/premade pvp.

    As a PVPr this is the best of both worlds. I can solo in the morning while my mates are not on, and I can premade and **** face in the evening against more competitive teams.

    Again, the solution need not be either or, but rather BOTH.

    Lastly, Trion you need to get better about responding to the community, I fear we are losing players that I could be farming simply because you have not responded to what seems to be a much larger issue then the Pyro fiasco.

    That is all.
    This is all I have been asking for. The premade crowd who is against it simply wants to keep their sheep supply, it is pretty transparent. Everyone should be allowed to enjoy the game.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medeival View Post
    I just read 3 posts advocating for completely doing away with premades, not changing the que system, it took like 30 seconds. There are those out there that want just that. I want competitive pvp not pug farming.
    I have yet to see anyone who wants that, maybe you are reading it wrong? There is no reason to rid the game of premades, that would be stupid. I'm not out to punish people for grouping or for gaining power.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Ugg.... expanding to all clusters is a TERRIBLE IDEA. I don't want to lose my rivalries, and love seeing familiar faces on the other side...

    Without that, I would probobly quit rift as there would be no other reason to play since there is no world pvp....
    Sorry dude, but a good portion of the population is not having fun and we are at risk of losing them and eventually this game as we know it. Rift will not survive new mmo's coming out if they are not listening to the mass of their population.

    I liken this to a kid not wanting his parents to move because he will miss his friends.....................you'll get new friends little Timmy.

    Translation, you'll get over it. We won't get over losing 90% of the warfronts.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-03-2011 at 09:02 AM.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Sorry dude, but a good portion of the population is not having fun and we are at risk of losing them and eventually this game as we know it. Rift will not survive new mmo's coming out if they are not listening to the mass of their population.

    I liken this to a kid not wanting his parents to move because he will miss his friends.....................you'll get new friends little Timmy.

    Translation, you'll get over it. We won't get over losing 90% of the warfronts.
    The mass population wants EZMode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts