Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARENA plz

Telaran

Default ARENA plz

Dont want to grind bgs all day and i want espots.

Quote Originally Posted by blazebone View Post
    Dont want to grind bgs all day and i want espots.
    Only if people can join solo and then complain about losing to a premade.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Only if people can join solo and then complain about losing to a premade.
    way to arenas is there=====>wow

go to wow and leave rift as it is ,with its huge prbs.

an arena with this unballanced pvp will bring onlu chaos.

u must be pretty shortminded to say :arena pls.

arena killed wow.if u think it didnt go and see wow population before arenas and after season4.that ppl gor tired of RPM.if u dont know what rpm was in wow u also didnt play wow or either u played and didnt realize what it was.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tzou View Post
    arena killed wow
    LOL another sheep repeating mindlessly those words.
    Arena is still only reason WoW is still ALIVE from a pvp point of view.
    Do you really think people would still be running WSG after 6 years if it wasn't to gear up for arena?

Arena is what took WoW to a higher level introducing competition and making it an e-sport.
    For anyone with a little sense of competition, arena was the greatest thing that WoW came up with PVP wise.

The only downside was it made all the losers start crying, because then their rating would truely show to the rest how terrible they really are despite their big mouths.
    Those baddies then came out with an excuse, pretending arena is imbalance; well guess what PVP is always imbalance (OMG nerf warriors, nerf Pyros, nerf Clerics..). Thing is real PVPers always find a way to adapt; they try different builds & specs (soul), different comps, they even reroll if needed, but in the end they do prevail.

Arena gave PVP players a tool to mesure their skills (which extends beyond the fighting itself and involve decisions making, as which comp to run, how to gear/gem, which spec to use depending on current setup / teams we have trouble with, etc...).
    Baddies who couldn't face the fact they are simply bad and that were too close minded to try and fix their playstyle blamed it on arena saying it killed WoW.
    Time to wake up, arena didn't kill WoW, it only killed bad players dreams and woke them up with a really-slap in the face.

How long do you think people will enjoy Warfronts in rift?
    Of course now they are fun as people are gearing up; but eventually people will get tired killing themself pointlessly over and over and will want a way to mesure their skills, that's where arena will step in.

Thx for reading,
    Bull

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrott View Post
    Do you really think people would still be running WSG after 6 years if it wasn't to gear up for arena?

Arena is what took WoW to a higher level introducing competition and making it an e-sport.
    For anyone with a little sense of competition, arena was the greatest thing that WoW came up with PVP wise.

The only downside was it made all the losers start crying, because then their rating would truely show to the rest how terrible they really are despite their big mouths.
    Those baddies then came out with an excuse, pretending arena is imbalance; well guess what PVP is always imbalance (OMG nerf warriors, nerf Pyros, nerf Clerics..). Thing is real PVPers always find a way to adapt; they try different builds & specs (soul), different comps, they even reroll if needed, but in the end they do prevail.

Arena gave PVP players a tool to mesure their skills (which extends beyond the fighting itself and involve decisions making, as which comp to run, how to gear/gem, which spec to use depending on current setup / teams we have trouble with, etc...).
    Baddies who couldn't face the fact they are simply bad and that were too close minded to try and fix their playstyle blamed it on arena saying it killed WoW.
    Time to wake up, arena didn't kill WoW, it only killed bad players dreams and woke them up with a really-slap in the face.

Of course now they are fun as people are gearing up; but eventually people will get tired killing themself pointlessly over and over and will want a way to mesure their skills, that's where arena will step in.

Thx for reading,
    Bull
    Thankyou for your good input i totaly agree with you, sadly most players in rift never play real mmo, they played most sucky games like aoc and war hammer, i played good mmo, and i know this mmo missing them pillers this game needs. This game has no real competitive pvp thats why arena would be sweet, for this game knowing this game pvp more balacned then wow no reason why this game souldnt have arena.
    like u said no mmo is 100% balanced so try to out play someone if something more op then you try play better and win thats REAL SKILL not this fken 27/7 grind crap IM NOT PLAYING FOR SUB ON 24 HOUR GRIND. I WANT TO SHOW my skills. IM so even more shocked that i had to lvl same time go to lfg channel and try find grp to gte dungons going witch took over few hours get one going LOL no lfg system wtf WHY WOULDNT trion place one in frsit place no brains?
    Last edited by blazebone; 05-03-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Ok, let's assume you didn't read the other hundred or so threads of other people making the exact same arguments and commentary you just did. /sigh.

Just because they made arena necessary for players who wished to stay competitive does not mean that they do, or ever did enjoy it. If anything, people were more likely to play arena so that they could go back to WSG and play on a level playing field again instead of being smashed by the first handful of FOTM imbalanced rerollers every third game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...rs-of-Warcraft

Read THE WHOLE THING. A developer of WoW states bluntly that Arena was a bad idea, implemented incorrectly and that the game could not handle being touted as an esport. I swear to god if you come back quoting the first part without reading the second part, (like every other arena troll we've posted this to) you deserve to be punched in the neck.

ಠ_ಠ You're actually suggesting that the players should solve class imbalance by rerolling. Players, who pay to play, should spend their time levelling a character instead of a developer who is paid to... what the hell man? Stop with the pretense of min/maxing PvP. Let people play the classes they want and let their skill prevail.

More mindless arena fanboying...
    You can't measure skill with a broken measuring stick. Also, it seems you're another one of the "You don't agree with me, so you must be a BAD." crowd. There's enough good pvp players around here whom despised arena because it let the truly bad players think they had skill, when all they did was run some 3v3/5v5 FOTM comp they got off the forums, which usually included the strategy of "Let's not CC, instead burn all our cooldowns on one player, then overpower the rest, lololol."

I dunno... it seems they still enjoy the basic themes of Capture the Flag, Domination and such. I mean... they played them in WoW for 6 years and they're still willing to play them in Rift. Can't be all bad, hmm?

^ owned.

/thread
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Shadowlander

If your PVP skills were at least equivalent to your quoting skills, you would have enjoyed the Arena's competition.

GG nooblets

Arena made me leave WoW. If they hadn't put the gear in arena it would have been all good. Oh well at least at that time DAOC was still semi-playable.
    Even free cost too much now

Soulwalker

if u like arena so much go to wow all of u arena lovers.

ofc i did arena and i must tell u the reason i quiited wow is cause my season 1-2-3-4-5 items were always worst than my pve ones.
    i never ever needed pvp items except maybe pretbc were i had 220k kills and u can imagine my title.

competitive....haha what a joke/

i just see beyond my finger and say that arena was tottaly unballanced even though i was always with top season items after a month.only times i used them was when i was facing premades.and that only to maybe get some heals and no dying fast alone.

u my freind failed in wow if u like arena.true game was until patch 2.4 if u are so old to remember..it was when stunlock got nerfed and before the boost of frost and then arcane mages.

in any case u wont make me wow lessons ...i was playing wow when wow had terrible graphics before they fixed their engine.when wow had millios of players w8ing for AV everynight for months and months.

when world PVP and raids to cities existed every day.
    go tell your "experience"words to someone else.

friendly always ,but bit tired of ppl thinking they know better when they actually dont.

out

Shadowlander

^
    You were not the only one playing WoW at release. Yes I remember Tauren Mill and those 8-12h long AV.
    If for you PVP is about playing for 12hours a day 7 days a week the same BG (thats what it took to get High Marshall / Warlord) then we sure don't share the same definition.

Arena allows us to get a PVP fix in a fews hours. The excitmnent, the coordination, the screaming on vent, the feeling of winning / loosing after playing a tight game, thats what makes it fun.

but. i . can . understand . if. you . find .it. more. fun to be. a robot. and just grind BGs. all . day. Keep. doing. so . you .might.even. become a. RL.bot....bip...

That being said, Trion can we get some arena's plz?
    After all, if carebears don't want to play them, they don't have to, they can keep running after their flags.

barrel roll out
    Last edited by Bullrott; 05-03-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Sword of Telara

any noob can be a BG god....
    i can even let my sister (7 years old) to just walk and randomly push keys at the keyboard and i will get the max gear anyway.

arena gave the max gear only to players that deserved it

Soulwalker

^
    You were not the only one playing WoW at release. Yes I remember Tauren Mill and those 8-12h long AV.
    If for you PVP is about playing for 12hours a day 7 days a week the same BG (thats what it took to get High Marshall / Warlord) then we sure don't share the same definition.

Arena allows us to get a PVP fix in a fews hours. The excitmnent, the coordination, the screaming on vent, the feeling of winning / loosing after playing a tight game, thats what makes it fun.

but. i . can . understand . if. you . find .it. more. fun to be. a robot. and just grind BGs. all . day. Keep. doing. so . you .might.even. become a. RL.bot....bip...

That being said, Trion can we get some arena's plz?
    After all, if carebears don't want to play them, they don't have to, they can keep running after their flags.

barrel roll out
    ever played a game with world pvp?
    cause if u find arena, that surely has some terain and surely benefits burst dmg like at wow,the solution to pvp-then u played few games or u likes arena that much.
    this doesnt meen that arena si good.

arena always favoured certain classes and even gms of wow admitted it.

arena was their biggest mistake cause they never managed to make all toons playable.

the only thing that will never happen here is arena.so even i and u, agree or disagree its the same thing.arena will never happen cause sometimes like in history ppl learns their lessons by doing mistakes.

real prb is that here at rift we have (unfortenatelly)a pvp dev leader that has one thing in his mind and whatever we will say ,trust me he will do it.

he will never nerf mages and he will never actually boost plate users.i feel so sorry about all warriors that will have to respecc to casters(omg)or tanks and get beaten like hell.

anyway at wow in AV we had so many players and the map was so good designes even from start that if u werent botting ,trust me u had the fun of your life.i was always playing AVs and never botted cause i loved my toon and i would never give it to a chinese to farm for me AS U think .

so if u want arena thats nice ,we have democracy and u can want whatever.

but i dont want arena ,cause i want to see all toons playable and all speccs.

arena will never ever make this happen,its elitist ,it creates racism between good and bad players,and finally it slowly kills the game.

Shadowlander

^

WoW that was a lot of crying in one single post.
    You certainly don't have the nerves to play arena or anything competitive. This thread doesn't concern you.
    So, how's the weather on your RP-PVE server? Tell us about your prestigious accomplishments!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    any noob can be a BG god....
    i can even let my sister (7 years old) to just walk and randomly push keys at the keyboard and i will get the max gear anyway.

arena gave the max gear only to players that deserved it
    i must corect u here a bit:
    arena gave the max gear to players that played RPM and maybe deserved it.

i was one of them.but i never hided behind my finger.

when ppl actually start speaking of the trueth ,games will become better.

arena was good as an idea.it had fun and it needed co operation and knowldge of terrain +practice with your m8/m8s and many more.

but arena made a 2 sided game-and also arena at least at 3 vs 3 was a RPM festival always.

u want a game that everyone will play 2-3 speccs?

feel free to get it.

i wont.

ps:everytime gms of wow tryied to boost another toon ..mages and rouges were crying so much that they made devs nerf them after a month.games always will have more mages and rogues cause ppl already knows that this classes will never fail them.

u see..im not hidding behind my finger.

all this must change sooner or later.games are supposed to be playable by all.if they cant do it(and they wont do it with that dev)they will have a dead game till gw2 comes out.

simple

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast