+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro's one-shotting: where mages belong

Shadowlander

Default Pyro's one-shotting: where mages belong

If you let a mage get to full charge, they deserve to be able to one-shot somebody

Also, they deserve to be able to one-shot somebody by blowing many cooldowns.

I would like to see more specc's revolving around such high amounts of burst. If they couldn't accomplish something like that, why roll a mage rather than a marksman rogue? Really, the glass cannon is a really cool concept. It may need to be polished, but if Mages can never get into a scenario where they can pop some cooldowns and use some charge to kill any DPS very quickly, then there is something wrong with the game.

Burst damage is needed for there to be a variety of playstyles, and to increase the amount of scenarios that a player can be put in. It really does make the game better for those of us who like to try to play it as a good game that makes us think, rather than just something to press buttons on without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewewewewism View Post
    If you let a mage get to full charge, they deserve to be able to one-shot somebody

I would like to see more specc's revolving around such high amounts of burst. If they couldn't accomplish something like that, why roll a mage rather than a marksman rogue? Really, the glass cannon is a really cool concept. It may need to be polished, but if Mages can never get into a scenario where they can pop some cooldowns and use some charge to kill any DPS very quickly, then there is something wrong with the game.

Burst damage is needed for there to be a variety of playstyles, and to increase the amount of scenarios that a player can be put in. It really does make the game better for those of us who like to try to play it as a good game that makes us think, rather than just something to press buttons on without thinking.

Do you have downs?

If you let a mage get to full charge, they deserve to be able to one-shot somebody.
    If you let a Rogue open on you from Stealth, you deserve to be one-shotted.
    If you let a Warrior charge you in the open field, you deserve to be one-shotted.

Are we all fine with that? Does that sound like a fun game?

lol i apologize on behalf of all other mages for this idiot's ramblings.

cuz.... ya why arn't you nubs stopping that pyro from getting full charge?! Oh, it only takes 3-4 spells, and the pyro cant be cc'd and instants add charge and the pyro has ~ 95% damage reduction.... oh.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 05-03-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Telaran

Sadly, this is how a lot of mages feel. It's no wonder they defend Pyros to the death.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously...

Soulwalker

burst damage is okay, but when you do it all the time, its just being OP,a class that can do this damage, and take less damage +cc immune in there god circle is unbalanced.A mage in his circle is like a gattling gun that needs alot dps to take it out & expect alot of casaulties.

i think pyros should get smacked down during a rogues stun cycle, see what i did there? clash of opinions.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    lol i apologize on behalf of all other mages for this idiot's ramblings.
    This.

I am also a pyro mage, but OP is obviously a noob troll.

Shadowlander

The way I see it, if you see a mage you're reaction should be to SHUT HIM DOWN. Use silences, LOS, whatever, but being in his LOS for 5 seconds without interrupting his casting at all should mean your death. Similarly, you beating on him for 5 seconds should mean his death if you are a warrior DPS specced.

The way I see it, if you see a mage you're reaction should be to SHUT HIM DOWN. Use silences, LOS, whatever, but being in his LOS for 5 seconds without interrupting his casting at all should mean your death. Similarly, you beating on him for 5 seconds should mean his death if you are a warrior DPS specced.
    That's how it should be, but in Rift only the former is true.

Pyro is immune to silence while in GoS, but that just makes the warrior a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Pyro is immune to silence while in GoS, but that just makes the warrior a bad player.
    Yes, this is the twisted jump in logic that Pyro's want everyone else to make. I wonder what color the sky is in their world?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Yes, this is the twisted jump in logic that Pyro's want everyone else to make. I wonder what color the sky is in their world?
    its the classic, "dont take my shiney away from me" bull crap... they have it good and dont want it taken away, pure and simple. just a natural human reaction for people that arent very good at something...

+ Reply to Thread