+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PuG leader and priority targets VS premade

Default PuG leader and priority targets VS premade

I've had some bad experience marking targets in pug vs premade and I'm curious who others would pick as their 1, 2, 3 target if any.

Healers don't appear to be the right choice, unless you're marking targets for CC. That might be asking too much of a pug though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I've had some bad experience marking targets in pug vs premade and I'm curious who others would pick as their 1, 2, 3 target if any.

Healers don't appear to be the right choice, unless you're marking targets for CC. That might be asking too much of a pug though.
    It all depends to be honest. I prefer 4,5,6 to be CC targets, especially those tanks sporting subdue, while 1,2,3 being reserved for "MUST" kills. Currently though the must kills are usually GOOD Dominators, Pyros, some Warlocks, the occassional DPS Cleric, or the healing Clerics we find to be squishy.

I can always tell if I'm marked, and it makes a HUGE difference in my healing output. So marking Clerics makes a big difference.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-03-2011 at 03:22 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

The easiest way to eliminate this issue is to eliminate marking targets from WFs.

If Trion wants players to enjoy their game experience I'm sure that doesn't include being marked and insta killed as soon as you arrive at a battle over and over.

People need to pay attention to what is gong on instead of following numbers around like sheep.

If PMs want to focus let them call assists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Champion of Telara

1-poorly specced/low rank clerics (healing or dps, it makes no difference - if they don't have blessing of the martyr, kill them)
    2-pyros
    3-DPS warriors
    4-everyone else
    Last edited by faction; 05-03-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    The easiest way to eliminate this issue is to eliminate marking targets from WFs.

If Trion wants players to enjoy their game experience I'm sure that doesn't include being marked and insta killed as soon as you arrive at a battle over and over.

People need to pay attention to what is gong on instead of following numbers around like sheep.

I finally agree with someone , as a healing cleric that sees the same pemades or players over and over. i can tell i am marked no matter if i heal or dps. It makes pvp seem like i am in a pve instance with marks .
    Cerveza - 50 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post

I'm not sure you caught the part about the pug "leader" marking targets amongst the premade opponents.

Champion of Telara

If you're instantly dying due to being marked, it's your teams fault anyway... wtf do you expect, games where everyone randomly attacks targets and hopes for the best?

Shadowlander

I'm not sure you caught the part about the pug "leader" marking targets amongst the premade opponents.
    I don't think he cared about who should be marked , but wanted marks removed in pvp . i atleast don't think they should persist through death or even be allowed. Takes alot of the skill out of pvp .
    Cerveza - 50 Cleric

Champion of Telara

No it doesn't.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    If you're instantly dying due to being marked, it's your teams fault anyway... wtf do you expect, games where everyone randomly attacks targets and hopes for the best?
    yeah because your team can tell who is marked , right? Most people with any knowledge know to protect the the healer . But if your mage or whatever is marked , like i said it takes a little bit of skill out of the game.
    Cerveza - 50 Cleric

I'm gonna use that, 4 5 6 for CC targets. 123 for pyros, dps melee, and squishy clerics

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    No it doesn't.
    if you don't think so , you need marks . Enjoy
    Cerveza - 50 Cleric

Champion of Telara

Um if you're dying as a cleric first, you're doing something HORRIBLY wrong. Clerics are the worst focus target in the game. And yes, you can generally tell that you're being attacked, because you'll see the entire enemy team attacking you.

Champion of Telara

I'm gonna use that, 4 5 6 for CC targets. 123 for pyros, dps melee, and squishy clerics
    I wouldn't mark rogues. They have alot of defensive cooldowns. Be careful about that.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtypack View Post
    if you don't think so , you need marks . Enjoy
    I have absolutely never used marks in a warfront, nor have I seen anyone use marks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast