Closed Thread

Thread: Please separate premades in WF's ... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rift Disciple

Default Please separate premades in WF's ... please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I hit lvl 50 most WF's I've been in are against premades, I'm in pug WF groups and we get destroyed then spawn camped. This is not fun at all.
    WOW fixed this problem by putting premades against premades, if you can do this please make it happen.

People are starting to realize and check the board to see if their against a premade group, if we are they all stay at the spawn point and let them win so we dont get farmed for favor.

Join a guild. Just because you are too lazy to make friends and start your own premade doesn't mean there is a problem.
    Click for Build
    And if you think RBs are OP from 35-50, you shouldn't be participating in any sort
    of pvp other than maybe a dance-off. And even then, think twice. - Banthaz

Quote Originally Posted by kelticfury View Post
    Join a guild. Just because you are too lazy to make friends and start your own premade doesn't mean there is a problem.
    /thread
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Just wait for 1.2 to hit. P6 premades are going to faceroll everything :>

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Just wait for 1.2 to hit. P6 premades are going to faceroll everything :>
    Heh. Think it's bad now? Wait till 1.2.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kelticfury View Post
    That is one solution, but it isn't complete. It should be possible to pug solo (I'm asserting that), even if you have friends and play with them the rest of the time.

The problem is bigger than pre-mades vs disorganized pugs. Gear disparity within a battle group frequently allows one side to roll the other even when the one dominating is the pug and the other a premade. Getting rolled because of good coordination or strategy on the part of the other team is a good thing. Getting rolled because they're all better geared and your team doesn't stand a chance of focus firing their weakest before being burned down is just r3tarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikioi View Post
    That is one solution, but it isn't complete. It should be possible to pug solo (I'm asserting that), even if you have friends and play with them the rest of the time.

The problem is bigger than pre-mades vs disorganized pugs. Gear disparity within a battle group frequently allows one side to roll the other even when the one dominating is the pug and the other a premade. Getting rolled because of good coordination or strategy on the part of the other team is a good thing. Getting rolled because they're all better geared and your team doesn't stand a chance of focus firing their weakest before being burned down is just r3tarded.
    so you want them to take all pvp gear out of the game?
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Telaran

Oh no! Other people got together and actually put a little teamwork and effort into the game, organizing offensive and defensive strategies against my lolwtfroflcoptor pug of people I've never even heard of, and we're getting stomped!

How dare they! The nerve of some people, coordinating an effective strategy and playing as 1 team instead of 10 people. Trion! This is absurd! How dare you let other players use common sense AND win. What were you thinking?! Fix this now so that the people that can't pull their heads out of the sand have a chance to win too...

...../sarcasm off

I think what they need is just a persistant pvp zone. In daoc , you could run in the zerg , do a 5 man, solo, whatever you wanted. There was no time limit on the zone , the objectives were castles, but you didnt have to do them if all you wanted was to fight.

nothing was funnier then to stun the zerg as they pounded on a keep door , and then have a few spiritmasters run in and aoe the zerg into oblivion.
    Minsc and Boo

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    so you want them to take all pvp gear out of the game?
    No, but I do think that to gratify players looking for ever increasing stats, the disparity between gear within a warfront produces ridiculously extreme results. When the outcome is a foregone conclusion (because the smallest guy on one team has stats 2x larger than the strongest on the other), incentive to play well or coordinate or even stay in the warfront until the timer expires goes out the window. I do think that this result is uninteresting at best. (And yes, I realize that it's a problem with the genre in general, given that the game is based on gear/stat progression.)

Attempting to match people based on a gear metric (one that is internal, driven by the game, not exposed to players) is one of the few things I liked about WoW arenas. I'd like to win or lose based on how well my team plays versus the other team, not because my faction in the battlegroup is represented by a pvp population 4x the size and hence has gear 2x better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikioi View Post
    No, but I do think that to gratify players looking for ever increasing stats, the disparity between gear within a warfront produces ridiculously extreme results. When the outcome is a foregone conclusion (because the smallest guy on one team has stats 2x larger than the strongest on the other), incentive to play well or coordinate or even stay in the warfront until the timer expires goes out the window. I do think that this result is uninteresting at best. (And yes, I realize that it's a problem with the genre in general, given that the game is based on gear/stat progression.)

Attempting to match people based on a gear metric (one that is internal, driven by the game, not exposed to players) is one of the few things I liked about WoW arenas. I'd like to win or lose based on how well my team plays versus the other team, not because my faction in the battlegroup is represented by a pvp population 4x the size and hence has gear 2x better.
    you would need worldwide queing then , or the que times would be ungodly long. or they could just create a persistant zone.
    Minsc and Boo

I have a premade and even I can see that premades are killing the WF game.

Casual players make up the majority of the paying playerbase. These same casuals do not have the time or inclination to form a premade and because of it are getting destroyed in WF's. As a result, less casual players are queing for WF's and it is hurting the que times and the game as a whole.

If a Pug only option is not added to the que then casuals will continue to stop playing WF's until it is just the same 3 or 4 premades playing over and over. It has already happening.

If you truly want this game to succeed and PvP to be given more Dev attention then you WANT casual players to be catered to. Without them and their money, TRION will give up on the WF's and PvP, and then where will you be? All alone with nothing to do but lame PvE content.

Get a clue.
    Last edited by Grim1; 05-03-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    I think what they need is just a persistant pvp zone. In daoc , you could run in the zerg , do a 5 man, solo, whatever you wanted. There was no time limit on the zone , the objectives were castles, but you didnt have to do them if all you wanted was to fight.

nothing was funnier then to stun the zerg as they pounded on a keep door , and then have a few spiritmasters run in and aoe the zerg into oblivion.
    So true!

Please remove instanced pvp all together. Make pvp zones with nice objectives the whole realm could benefit from.

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

Premades are ruining peoples warfront fun

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread